The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 5:52 pm

[ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
How was your childhood? 
Site Moderator

Dr.Geno wrote:
My story might be sorta long, but here goes. It'll probably be long.

My childhood was pretty rough. I grew up in a slummy part of Brooklyn, New York in the garden floor of one of my uncle's old apartment buildings. My mom and dad both struggled with light drug abuse and there was a lot of domestic violence, so I would usually spend my time wandering around the streets most of the day. The feud between my mom and dad got so bad at one point that she ended up leaving and moved to california while my little sister and I stayed with our father. After she left he began to dabble in harder drugs, moving up to Meth and abused that regularly around us. He tried to get into the business of selling, and there were times when he wouldn't come home for days and I had to run the house. I was six around that time, and my little sister was about four. So I'd get us up in the morning and walk us to school ( I believe I was in first and she was in pre-k). I'd need to walk to the store to buy stuff to eat using neighbor's money, and stuff like that. My dad rolled with the wrong crowd, and eventually got in to a lot of trouble with money involving some dudes. My dad would often take his anger out on me, whether it be in the form of verbal abuse or physical abuse, which of course I never really understood.

Random, huge dudes would come knocking on our door asking for money or drugs, and my dad would always refuse and get into fights. I'd always try to shove my sister somewhere she couldn't see, and I would stand watch until they were finished. They'd always go until one of them had enough, or one was knocked out. I remember my dad got tired of people harassing them, and always talked to himself about what do to about it. One day a guy broke our door down looking for my dad, and per usual I hid my sister and waited for them to be done. The guy approached my dad with a knife, which naturally freaked me out. I remember my dad yelled at me to look away, he pulled out a gun and shot the dude in the head i believe. Regardless it killed him. I remember I was surprised because the gun didn't make that much of a noise, more surprised than I was about my dad just shooting somebody which is weird looking back on it. I remember just seeing the man lying on the floor in disbelief. My dad started sobbing and I believe he took him down to our s****, but I don't know the specifics of what ended up happening to him.

I went too in detail on that I think so moving on, police caught wind and came to our house a few days later. I remember my dad shoving my sister and I under a sink (like in the cupboard spot under a kitchen sink) so we wouldn't be seized by child protection services. They retained him and investigated the house, and ended up finding us under the sink. We were taken to some place overnight, and in the morning we got adopted by a temp child adoption lady. She was one of the MEANEST people I have any recollection of meeting. She was african american, and had three other african american adopted children. She'd shove food down our throats, she forced us to go to a christian church, and she cut my sister's long hair while she was asleep (which is a really big deal in arabic culture). I don't remember how long we were there, felt like months, but one day we got driven out to some random center and sat down in a room with no idea why we were there. After sitting there for a few minutes, our dad came into the room and said he was here to pick us up, so of course we were beaming.

Even though we went through a lot and saw a lot under his roof, we still had an emotional attachment to him as our father. I don't know how he was released, maybe there was a lack of evidence tying him to whatever the detained him for. Either way, on the ride back home he started breaking down and crying, saying that he was sending us to california to live with our mom. So my sister and I flew from New York to California, to meet up with our mother. I'm now about seven or eight, and my sister is about five. My mom still had trouble with drug addiction, and did some time in jail before being able to take us from new york. We ended up staying with our grandparents,my mom, my sister and I. My mom would randomly disappear for what seemed like days, but I had my grandparents so it wasn't a big deal to me.

My uncle also lived with them, and he was on a lot of drugs at the time and took money from my mom in order for her to let us stay there. I remember one time she was late on a payment to him, and he wouldn't let me inside the house, so I had to sleep outside and stay out on the porch for like to days, which sucked.

After a few years, my mom got completely sober and didn't get into any trouble with the law, so her probation ran out and she was clean. She got a job as a cashier for some gas station, and worked there for years. She was able to afford her own apartment for her, my sister and I and we lived there for a while. My mom would get a yearly raise, so eventually she earned enough to rent a house, which was really nice and life was just generally very positive.

Eventually my dad tried to contact me on facebook, but when I turned him away he called me all sorts of things, from the devil to an arab pig, you name it. That was very liberating for me, because I got all of the skeletons out of my closet. So yeah, that's more or less it. Fast forward to senior year, I moved out of my mom's house and into the cushy house and lifestyle of my aunt and uncle, who together make about 100k+. They really helped me grow up and put my priorities in order. My dad died recently, I was told it was in prison but I'm not entirely sure. That's where I am today.

Quote:
It'll probably be long.

Yeah, I guess I was right about that lol. This was a pretty condensed version. I wasn't going to share my childhood, but I figured I might as well since everyone is openly sharing theirs. Just to clarify, not looking for a pity party, because these experiences shaped who I am today and I wouldn't change them even if I could.

omg no one cares thats so much text

y would u not change ur exp. dude wtf

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:02 am
Site Admin

Dr.Geno wrote:
My story might be sorta long, but here goes.

Great story though

Thanks for sharing Ramsey it was really interesting

My childhood was pretty good because my parents wanted to do everything that their family didn't do for them; Now their life story could write a book

Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:41 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Pochiman wrote:
It depends on the person imo. Persons who understand they parents are s*** get a different mentality from them, while persons with s*** parents that doesn't notice they have s*** parents tend to end with similar tendences.

My concern is that if you have good parents you take for granted the sacrifices they made and how hard they tried to be good parents, so everything falls apart when you have your own kids

Maybe just being aware of it is enough to keep me from doing s*** s***. I dunno. We'll see.

I don't plan on having a kid for a long damn time though

Also it's "tendencies"

Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:22 am
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Sekiro, Persona 4
Waifu: That’s right. PS4.
i wasn't really planning on sharing either but since all y'all are so open about it i figure i'll join the bandwagon

my early childhood was generally pretty much fine, lived with parents that were flawed but genuinely loved me and wanted what was best for me

when i got to be about 12 or so i started developing some issues, though. my parents were never really trusting of other families unless they had known them for years and years, so i'd never be able to go hang out with other kids at all, and i would always be anxious and s*** whenever kids wanted me to play with them because i knew my parents would never approve. i didn't really have too many friends, though. middle school was pretty much torture for me. i was bullied pretty much every day; i got hit, pushed into lockers, my lunch got stolen, i'd get shoved around, etc. s*** sucked. i tried my very hardest to keep my chin up, though, and it paid off. by my final year of middle school i was better. didn't let people push me around, and i wasn't as socially anxious or afraid anymore.

things turned sour shortly after that, though. my father's struggled with clinical depression and bipolar disorder for a long time and he would regress a lot during my first years in high school. as a quiet young teenager with anxiety issues with a father that i'd idolized for years and years before, this ended up hitting me pretty hard. i grew to hate my father through his angry fits and isolation from me and my younger brothers. my mom had to get a job to support us and i had to be a mother and father for my siblings. juggle the responsibility of taking care of 3 children with cooking, cleaning, catering to my father's whims, and keeping my grades up, i was a f*** mess. developed depression pretty hard, did some things i shouldn't have (not gonna go into detail), and felt terrible about myself and everything around me 24/7. i was up early every morning with little sleep, and up late with tasks and obligations i had for school and my family. i still don't know how i managed to get through everything.

my efforts were not spent in vain, thankfully. fast forward to about a year ago and my dad sincerely tries his hardest to not succumb to hissy fits and tantrums anymore, and actually acts like a decent father. i don't hate him anymore. my mom still works, but she's a lot less stressed because she knows that everything is in good hands at home. i still have issues, but i've been doing a lot better. i'm happy to be alive and i'm doing my best to help out my family in any way i can. i'm still growing and developing but i think i'm on my way to a decent adulthood.

reading geno's story made me all teary eyed. proud of you, man
proud of all of you that actually make it to adulthood, really

Blue wrote:
lol Cry more, Terminex. f*** f**. lolololololol What a b****.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:09 am

Currently Playing: playerunknown battlegrounds
life is good im smart i have friends but hate people

Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:37 pm

Blue wrote:
superkid wrote:
Really depends on me. When I was really young, annoying genius, but after a while, most of my childhood included me getting bullied so much. Many for my race and name.

Ha, you being of a lesser race. I bet you were actually dumb and that's why you were bullied.

My childhood was f***' fantastic. Came out smokin' a damn cigar and pimpslappin' idiots. Never went to school, I already knew everything. Invented metal because I wanted stronger stuff to beat people with. Lost my virginity when I ordered my harem of hot maids to make my dick as happy as my mouth after eating caviar on crisps. I blew up a couple of orphanages for the hell of it, f*** a cat, knocked on my neighbor's door and ran away, f*** a horse, told Arby's to make actual roast beef sandwiches because the ones they have suck, f*** a sheep, kicked my slaves every morning until I was eighteen and then I decided to just buy people to do it for me, f*** a camel, ate my mother's ghost, f*** a bowl of soup, ate a bowl of f*** soup, f*** you.

That's my story.

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:38 pm

Currently Playing: Mandolin
Superkid, when did you become Freud? You gonna ask me about my mother next?

Kevin wrote:
life is good im smart i have friends but hate people

thnaks kev

I live in the woods and i watched robots played games and chilled out with my friends at school

Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:18 pm
Site Moderator

Hose B Jones wrote:
Blue wrote:
superkid wrote:
Really depends on me. When I was really young, annoying genius, but after a while, most of my childhood included me getting bullied so much. Many for my race and name.

Ha, you being of a lesser race. I bet you were actually dumb and that's why you were bullied.

My childhood was f***' fantastic. Came out smokin' a damn cigar and pimpslappin' idiots. Never went to school, I already knew everything. Invented metal because I wanted stronger stuff to beat people with. Lost my virginity when I ordered my harem of hot maids to make my dick as happy as my mouth after eating caviar on crisps. I blew up a couple of orphanages for the hell of it, f*** a cat, knocked on my neighbor's door and ran away, f*** a horse, told Arby's to make actual roast beef sandwiches because the ones they have suck, f*** a sheep, kicked my slaves every morning until I was eighteen and then I decided to just buy people to do it for me, f*** a camel, ate my mother's ghost, f*** a bowl of soup, ate a bowl of f*** soup, f*** you.

That's my story.

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

How am I supposed to follow that up?

What the f*** can I say after that? It's over. I don't even have a pun ready.

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:46 am

Waifu: I'm married
belth: 1
blue: 0

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:38 pm
YIM WWW
 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5