The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:06 pm

[ 436 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
general music discussion 
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: FFXIV
Waifu: you get ONE guess
Been on a big Ulver kick lately. Idk what particularly got it started, because I've listened to all their albums before, but i guess it had just been a while since i did a full discog listen so i was starting to get Garm withdrawals. Assassination of Julius Caesar is my favourite by them, which is probably heresy considering they have like at least 3 albums considered classics, but I vibe with it so hard it's unreal. My ranking of their albums would probably be AoJC > Bergtatt > Blood Inside > Nattens Madrigal > Shadows of The Sun > Perdition City > Kveldssanger > Wars of The Roses > Messe > Themes. cool f*** band btw, blood inside is underrated as hell

Aside from that, mostly just the really good stuff from my year end list lol. Rolo Tomassi are cool as hell, their new album was amazing. I don't want to give too much away because I think listening to the first 3 tracks knowing absolutely nothing about it is the best way to go about it, but if you'd rather know what you're getting into (which is totally fair), A Flood of Light is a really good example of all the styles you'll hear on the album.
you can listen to the full album here!

i've also been listening to f*** juice wrld when i want to turn my brain off

Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:04 am
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Sekiro, Persona 4
Waifu: That’s right. PS4.
Ulver is one of my all time favorites. I don’t think I could rank their entire discography rn because it’s been such a long time since I listened through everything but I still listen to Perdition City and Messe regularly. They’re my favs. I agree with Blood Inside being underrated, it rules really hard. It Is Not Sound is a jam. I think Perdition City is a masterpiece, it’s like my third or fourth fav album ever. I don’t remember vibing super hard with Julius Caesar but I only listened to it once or twice when it came out, I should probably revisit it sometime.

Blue wrote:
lol Cry more, Terminex. f*** f**. lolololololol What a b****.

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:13 am
Site Moderator

it's just ulver making a really good pop album. rolling stone is a f*** tune
my ranking is definitely prone to change because none of their albums are below an 8 honestly, it's kind of insane just how good all of them are lol. you'd think they would have a dud by now

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:29 am

Waifu: I'm married
Perdition City is cool and all, but have you ever blasted Bergtat on the shower speaker so loud that your family became pagan cultists

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:55 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: SSF2, Roblox, Kirby Star Allies, Sonic Mania Plus, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Pokemon Emerald, Leauge Of Legends
Waifu: Rera (SSVI)
YouTube Video:

"Is that barrel gonna..."

*EXPLOSION*

YouTube Video:

Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:00 pm
Site Admin

Kittenpuncher wrote:
Perdition City is cool and all, but have you ever blasted Bergtat on the shower speaker so loud that your family became pagan cultists

bergtat is probably the best black metal album of all time honestly
PsychoSSF2 wrote:
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M9wSX2HEWE ]

"Is that barrel gonna..."

*EXPLOSION*

this is not the correct thread for this post. this is a thread for discussing songs and artists and albums. please pay attention to posts made before you in threads you’re unfamiliar with so you don’t make this type of mistake again. thanks!

Blue wrote:

Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:02 pm

Naw Morbids first release is the best
Or Bathory

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:08 pm
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

storm of the light’s bane is my favourite bm album personally

Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:05 am
Site Moderator

ladies the greatest black metal album is "dead as dreams". i do not make the rules

Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:25 am
Site Moderator

that one’s up there, i need to listen to it more though

Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:13 pm

esper wrote:
ladies the greatest black metal album is "dead as dreams". i do not make the rules

Music is trivial so pls dont tell me this album is just another way to grow bearded tits

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:26 am
YIM WWW
Site Moderator

Scott wrote:
that one’s up there, i need to listen to it more though

it's not something i can listen to often because it fits the entire length of a cd

Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:10 am
Site Moderator

there's already a bunch of albums i'm digging and we're only like barely two months into the year.
there's the new Saor album if atmospheric bm doesn't make you gag. it's 100% my s***
Together To The Stars were a band i'd never heard of until i saw them pop up on the 'trending' list on sputnik music. sounds kind of like envy and harakiri for the sky. promising debut for sure
Living Tomb by Ossuarium is good osdm with doom influence. nothing super special but like, riffs, dude
Downfall of Gaia have a new album coming out tomorrow. liked all their previous stuff and the singles are pretty promising.

as for things that aren't metal
aesop rock & tobacco have a new collaborative album called malibu ken which is really cool. if you like your hip hop weird this will definitely scratch that itch
and i've been enjoying James Blake's new album even though i've been pretty lukwarm on him in the past.

there's a bunch i haven't gotten around to yet either. Better Oblivion Community Center, Soen, Evergrey, The Twilight Sad, and Swallow The Sun all came out with albums i've gotta get around to.
now Elder just have to come out with a new album this year. that'd be real f***' nice

Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:44 am
Site Admin

Malibu Ken was good, I don't think it's Tobacco's best production ever but it's really solid, and Aesop's lyrics are usually "haha how clever" and occasionally pretty funny. not something i could listen to a bunch of times but I liked it. I'm hoping Tobacco puts out another solo album soon in the vein of his last full length, Sweatbox Dynasty. I loved the direction that album went in and find it to be pretty unique, which isn't something you can say about a lot of beatmakers these days. he's a really good producer and i look forward to everything he does. as for stuff coming out this year, i still don't have much on my radar, what are you guys looking forward to?

Blue wrote:

Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:22 pm
Site Moderator

i'm not sure what's really coming out this year tbh, i kind of just see stuff pop up and check it out if it looks interesting. like if i see a fantano review pop up, or if it shows up on sputnik or something. like i said before, a new Elder album would absolutely slam, their discog is perfect. maybe a new run the jewels album? i think tyr and amon amarth have albums coming out this year as well so that should be cool. i'm not a big xiu xiu fan but they have a new album coming out so you could check that

Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:22 am
 [ 436 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next