The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:09 pm

[ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 36  Next
Ichigo 

Location: ...Beneath the high tide centrifuse covered and hidden under the bermuda complex
Currently Playing: with my ****
GT is good for pressuring rather than manually techchasing. if you manage to follow up with attacks you can end up adding on a lot of % off of one.

GM

Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:12 am

GreaterMaelstrom wrote:
GT is good for pressuring rather than manually techchasing. if you manage to follow up with attacks you can end up adding on a lot of % off of one.

GT combined with down aerial and down special can be brutal on an opponent that doesn't know how to SDI properly. And it can also end with a strong move, putting the opponent in a terrible position or cause them to lose a stock. GT has a different use now, and I think it's a far better one.

Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:40 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, LOZ:PH, Pokemon Showdown!.
Is the shield button in mid air a great psych out?

Or am I overestimating it?

ImageImage

Link!

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:30 pm
YIM

Shocker14 wrote:
Is the shield button in mid air a great psych out?

Or am I overestimating it?

Air dodge? Yeah, I think it doesn't help much. Maybe fast fall air dodge against an inexperienced player could work, but pros will most likely be able to predict what you're doing. And especially if you use it too much. I'd say just keep using it for what it is; an air dodge.

Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:33 am

MGN Username: Yellowkirbyguy
Currently Playing: Super Smash bros 3ds.
So i've been experimenting with Ichigo lately

And i've found that when versing Jigglypuff, you can deny any aerial she tries with a reasonably timed grounded U-spec. The only way for Jigglypuff to get an aerial is to be under Ichigo or when Ichigo isn't using the move.

Chopper wrote:
And then there was Trainer James. Little Jim was the only one in the bike gang...who had to use training wheels.

School's getting a bit more important, so i'll be on less frequently due to this.

3ds Friend code~ 4210-4750-3059
Pm me if you've added me so i can add ya back please

Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:34 am
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
Yellokirbyguy wrote:

And i've found that when versing Jigglypuff, you can deny any aerial she tries with a reasonably timed grounded U-spec. The only way for Jigglypuff to get an aerial is to be under Ichigo or when Ichigo isn't using the move.

So in other words, he's a hard-counter to her. That's kind of what I was expecting.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:54 am

Saikyoshi wrote:
Yellokirbyguy wrote:

So in other words, he's a hard-counter to her. That's kind of what I was expecting.

He counters pretty much all characters with a poor range. Up tilt is really good for this as well. Up special does tend to have a bit of lag if you whiff it, so it can be punished.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:40 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
Rider0fLightning wrote:
Saikyoshi wrote:
Yellokirbyguy wrote:

He counters pretty much all characters with a poor range. Up tilt is really good for this as well. Up special does tend to have a bit of lag if you whiff it, so it can be punished.

Ichigo does outrange the majority of the cast, but I would never say he counters all characters he can outrange. His size, recovery, and overall laggy moveset can still be used against him. He may outrange jigglypuff, but she still has enough air mobility against Ichigo's laggy attacks to weave in and out of Ichigo's hitboxes. Sneak in a BAir into a wall of pain. Even if you don't touch the blast line. Ichigo's side-spec is very limited and you'll more then likely lose that stock.

I mean, look at Donkey Kong. He has basically the same range as Ichigo on his attacks and can outrange the majority of the cast, but people still know how to play around him and no one ever says he hard checks anything. \(•-•)/

Last edited by Shine-chan on Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:59 pm
YIM
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
At the very least, Uspec doesn't really provide a useful AA move in my opinion, because it's so easily baited. Out of all the cast, Jiggz is one who you would least want to catch you in a laggy move. I think the Ichigo-Jiggz matchup is a counter but not a blowout: 60-40 to 70-30 seems right to me. Jiggz has good enough combo and edgeguard game to give Ichigo a hard time and make it interesting. Uspec for recovery is asking for Pound or bair, and Sspec is both easily readable and limited in distance, as Shine pointed out.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:28 pm

MGN Username: Jolay15
I just started really getting a feel for Ichigo. Only played this version however (0.9b)

I can outrange my opponent all game if I play it right with my spacing and jab/ftilt is great for keeping that space as well. I'm also learning that dTilt is quick enough to add space and has some decent knockback.

I'm liking sideSpec -> uTilt -> bAir/fAir but I feel like seasoned opponents will anticipate the sideSpec more often than not.

Mains-
ImageImage Image Image

Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:52 pm

Used to like how his can charge up his special and move like naruto does with his special

Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:39 pm

MGN Username: scum
ichigos is way too good online. people spam side-b for days cause it's impossible to punish. that plus his range makes him easily the best character online

Click to expand thumbnail

Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:50 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
scumbag wrote:
ichigos is way too good online. people spam side-b for days cause it's impossible to punish. that plus his range makes him easily the best character online

Plus D-tilt since it has so much range and it moves him forward. But he's not the best online, DK is a good candidate for highest represented right now, I've faced 5 DK's already

Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:59 pm

MGN Username: Yoh-dono
Currently Playing: Playing the f*** out of Gundam Extreme VS. Full Boost
Waifu: Korra
scumbag wrote:

Impossible to punish?
Pssh it's shield grab bait bruh he's basically a noob killer online.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:44 pm

MGN Username: TAC3
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Steam Games
just pick up Lloyd and punish it with Beast or Sonic Thrust lol

Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:45 pm
 [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 36  Next