The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:50 pm

[ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 36  Next
Ichigo 
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
ByeOrDie wrote:
Cruisin wrote:
TheBeep41 wrote:
kill confirms (maybe?).

Yeah he has kill confirms such as SH d spec bair, SH d spec f smash, and SH d spec up smash.

Actually, the only confirm I can see is SH to D Spec to Uair (50%+ window), but the opponent must be on the ground.

I do find Ichigo's D Spec very useful though. It definitely has more uses than you'd think, but I'm not good with explaining how to use it. On the ground, you can sometimes squeeze it in right before an opponent can grab you (so any move I do that has almost no end lag that the opponent tries to shield grab). In the air, reversing it always can throw off the opponent (and you drop faster at any point of the fall for another mix up), then also I can grab or up-tilt once I land, giving a small/no window to grab/attack.

The stun comes out frame one, so basically it is the grounded "panic" option. If you are ever worried about getting punished, you can get this move out really quick (usually buffered if you pre-hold down and special) and hit them before they can hit you! Kinda silly but we take those

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:46 pm

Location: That Little Place in Your Head You Don't Know About
Hmm...you know the more I work with Ichigo the more I notice that his D-Smash isn't as bad as a lot of us (me included) thought. I mean it's still not fairly useful, but it can be good when you time it right.

ImageImageImage

Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:44 pm

MGN Username: Vega
Currently Playing: The Beta
So uh...

Who else knows that Ichigo's Down Special can be a potential pseudo-infinite and a perfect edge-guarding tool, l just because you're holding the directional input down, then tapping a Short Hop and pressing special? Because that stuff can kind of get crazy really, really fast. The start-up on Down B is negligible, since if you time it right, Ichigo will be in his ending animation, which ironically has a hitbox there.

Hell, I found out about so many things just by playing Ichigo, and I got to say, I'm still going to need to know a LOT more.

Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:40 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
It only infinites if they don't tech. And you're just now catching on to this? :o

Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:29 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
MaskofTruth wrote:
It only infinites if they don't tech. And you're just now catching on to this? :o

It really doesn't do that much knockback or hitstun to put them into a tech chasing situation.

@Nova
Ichigo is a lot of fun.

Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:35 am

Lord doughnut wrote:
@Nova
Ichigo is a lot of fun.

I second this. I just wish they boost his attack speed up a bit if they're going to apply the Shunpo effect to some of his moves. The "his sword is heavy" reason goes against the lore in the series (stated by Tite Kubo himself) because a Shinigami's sword doesn't weigh the user down like a normal sword because it's a part of them. I get they're trying to prevent him from being broken like in 0.8 (or was it 0.7), but making his evasion speed/invincibility frames slow and such plus some of his attacks have very high start up *points to GT* execution isn't really what I call being balanced.

ImageImageImage

Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:14 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
^^I like the way he explained his point
Also why is GT so bad?

Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:44 pm

TBH? I prefer Ichigo the way he currently is. He seems well balanced (IMO). I think that when he's played extremely well he can't be quite potent, and I've even questioned if he needs a nerf or not. I'd still make some changes though.

-Make side-tilt a kill move.
-Give n-air less knock back.
-Make up-spec go higher.
-Make his neutral special go a bit faster (it's quite fast in the anime, and was in the previous demos). I don't see why the move can't be reminiscent of Cloud's neutral special.
-Make it so that if Ichigo uses side-b, but doesn't hit anyone he experiences some lag. Like, he gets in a kneeling position or something. This would make the move less spammable, and, IMO, encourage more intelligent use of the move. As a trade off, he could act out of his quicker.

Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:27 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
TBH? I prefer Ichigo the way he currently is. He seems well balanced (IMO). I think that when he's played extremely well he can't be quite potent, and I've even questioned if he needs a nerf or not. I'd still make some changes though.

-Make side-tilt a kill move.
-Give n-air less knock back.
-Make up-spec go higher.
-Make his neutral special go a bit faster (it's quite fast in the anime, and was in the previous demos). I don't see why the move can't be reminiscent of Cloud's neutral special.
-Make it so that if Ichigo uses side-b, but doesn't hit anyone he experiences some lag. Like, he gets in a kneeling position or something. This would make the move less spammable, and, IMO, encourage more intelligent use of the move. As a trade off, he could act out of his quicker.

Interesting changes. However, if we're nerfing Nair's power, they should remove the sourspot.

Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:47 am

0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:

-Make side-tilt a kill move. I think it was nerfed for that reason.
-Give n-air less knock back. This is one of his best killmoves that doesn't have bad lag, so it should be left alone.
-Make up-spec go higher. It actually got buffed going from .9a to .9b in terms of distance, but yeah a little more vertical distance would help.
-Make his neutral special go a bit faster (it's quite fast in the anime, and was in the previous demos). I don't see why the move can't be reminiscent of Cloud's neutral special. Making the current GT faster would actually make it worse because it's supposed to keep opponent's in place long enough to get close and start attacking. Besides, the projectile is a terrible impression to the home series because it lacks the destruction power it's known for and what it had in previous demos. Comparing it to Cloud's NS is like fighting a guy with a powerful sword with a stick.
-Make it so that if Ichigo uses side-b, but doesn't hit anyone he experiences some lag. Like, he gets in a kneeling position or something. This would make the move less spammable, and, IMO, encourage more intelligent use of the move. As a trade off, he could act out of his quicker. Side-Special is both Ichigo's combo starter and horizontal recovery that got buffed from .9a, which in that demo was absolutely terrible because you had no invincibility frames making it easy to counter. Having it chargeable helps balance it out by forcing you to charge based on prediction.

Thoughts in bold, although in simpler terms Ichigo is not well-balanced and needs to be buffed badly. Neutral-B needs its kill power back and lose that terrible start-up lag, invincibility frames in evasions need improving BADLY, Down-Smash needs to either be buffed or replaced with something more effective, and other things.

TheRebornBowser wrote:
^^I like the way he explained his point
Also why is GT so bad?

I think one of the devs thought it was a good idea to make GT a defensive/crowd control projectile instead of a kill move like it's supposed to be. I don't care if it helps with recovery, that is NOT how GT works and functions.

ImageImageImage

Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:50 pm

#bringbackoldgt

Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:14 am

MGN Username: Drarky
Currently Playing: SSF2, Starbound
Waifu: Lenna Tycoon
Wait Ichigo is unbalanced? The character itself has always been for me the best example of balance in SSF2.

I mean, yes he's underpowered compared to the better part of the cast, but that's because he does not have a plan based around jank, since he barely has that; the character has some clear strenghts and weaknesses that both players can understand and use to their advantages.

I woud like him to get buffed slightly in some regards, yes, but if anything, he's probably the best designed character in 0.9b in terms of overall balance, at least in my opinion.

ImageImageImageImage

Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:47 am

MGN Username: thebeep41
Currently Playing: Void Els, BnS, AK, DFO, GA2, and SSF2
#bringbackoldgt

besides that, if there's anything Ichigo deserves a buff on, it's his crap Up-B.

it's pretty meh

It doesn't even need to be a longer range, maybe just make it go faster and make it sweetspot easier.

"Because if you were truly tired of it, you would've done something about it."

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
:idea: :ichigo: :chibirobo: :captainfalcon: :link: :bomberman: :sheik: :idea:

Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:37 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
TheBeep41 wrote:
#bringbackoldgt

besides that, if there's anything Ichigo deserves a buff on, it's his crap Up-B.

it's pretty meh

It doesn't even need to be a longer range, maybe just make it go faster and make it sweetspot easier.

I wouldn't really call it crap since it gives him most protection from attacks above him.

Also thinking about it, if everyone could sweet spot the ledge, then most characters would be harder to edge hog so I see why the devs only allowed for certain characters to sweet spot the ledge easily, others have to do it at the right distance and angle while others can't at all.

Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:56 pm

MGN Username: thebeep41
Currently Playing: Void Els, BnS, AK, DFO, GA2, and SSF2
Lord doughnut wrote:
TheBeep41 wrote:
#bringbackoldgt

it's pretty meh

I wouldn't really call it crap since it gives him most protection from attacks above him.

Also thinking about it, if everyone could sweet spot the ledge, then most characters would be harder to edge hog so I see why the devs only allowed for certain characters to sweet spot the ledge easily, others have to do it at the right distance and angle while others can't at all.

Eh, you got a point.

oh yeah, ichigo's bair hitbox is jank asf lolololololol

"Because if you were truly tired of it, you would've done something about it."

:idea: :ichigo: :chibirobo: :captainfalcon: :link: :bomberman: :sheik: :idea:

Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:09 pm
 [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 36  Next