The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:51 pm

[ 252 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
Jigglypuff 
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Discuss Jigglypuff specific gameplay here.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:19 am

Can puff drill rest or uthrow rest?

Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:48 am

Currently Playing: SSBM, SSF2
Alright, so I've been messing around with Jigglypuff for a bit.

Her physics have changed completely. I mean COMPLETELY. She is MUCH less mobile than before, and feels much weightier. A serious downgrade from before.

Up-throw sends most characters far beyond your reach even at low percents. Down throw has much less knockback, meaning if you're fast, you can jab-reset into rest if they don't tech the landing.

Rest might have changed, not too sure. All I know is that comboing into rest is nearly impossible with her new movement. Dair doesn't work anymore, but Uair seems to do fine.

Overall, I'm very disappointed with the new Puff. Clunky movement and less rest setups mean she's received a HUGE nerf. As someone who mained Jigglypuff I am not currently liking this. Will add more as I play.

Edit: Upthrow is awful for anything but getting your opponent away from you. Only fast-fallers can be upthrow - rest BUT that's at low percentages when rest doesn't kill. Hell, it doesn't even send them a respectable distance. Uair is your only hope for comboing into rest outside of tech chases.

So from what I can tell, Jigglypuff has lost almost everything good about her except her gimping potential. 3/10, terrible, awful changes. SERIOUSLY disappointing.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:33 am

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
I just played with her for 15 seconds, here's what I got.

Nair has more frontal range. Her dash-speed feels slightly faster.

Her aerial speed/acceleration in the game was ridiculously fast letting her weave in and out for spacing her aerials. It's been decreased. Really good.

Rest has less knockback. Just did it to Tails on the side of Smashville at 30% and he didn't die. There seems to be more ways to combo into Rest now. Puff can Drill > Rest and a number of other things.

After more testing:

If you jump fast enough, you can get follow-up after Up-throw. Uair, Nair, etc. I did Uthrow to Rest at 50% on Tails. I tested it on myself to see how long the hitstun lasts and if I could jump away in time; you can't. You go to DI far to left/right to throw off her timing. Can get follow-ups from Up-throw on Marth and Samus until about 30-40% area. A little harder, but still possible.

I think you need to test more stuff out. It's Day 1 of the game. It's very easy to under/overshoot everything. Otherwise, you'll be left vulnerable to experienced online players. (^w^)

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:00 pm

Zalozis wrote:
I just played with her for 15 seconds, here's what I got.

Nair has more frontal range. Her dash-speed feels slightly faster.

Her aerial speed/acceleration in the game was ridiculously fast letting her weave in and out for spacing her aerials. It's been decreased. Really good.

Rest has less knockback. Just did it to Tails on the side of Smashville at 30% and he didn't die. There seems to be more ways to combo into Rest now. Puff can Drill > Rest and a number of other things.

After more testing:

If you jump fast enough, you can get follow-up after Up-throw. Uair, Nair, etc. I did Uthrow to Rest at 50% on Tails. I tested it on myself to see how long the hitstun lasts and if I could jump away in time; you can't. You go to DI far to left/right to throw off her timing. Can get follow-ups from Up-throw on Marth and Samus until about 30-40% area. A little harder, but still possible.

I think you need to test more stuff out. It's Day 1 of the game. It's very easy to under/overshoot everything. Otherwise, you'll be left vulnerable to experienced online players. (^w^)

Been playing this entire time and doing some tests. Her aerial movement is clearly worse now, removing a huge part of her tactics. Wasn't needed in the slightest. Anyone who plays smart can maneuver around v0.9a Puff.

Upthrow sends all but fastfallers far away from you at 50%. Getting a rest off of one requires piss-poor DI from someone, and even then probably won't kill (due to low percentage).

Rest is a joke at anything below 50%. Good DI makes sure of that. Rest in general has also been nerfed (as said).

Dair into rest also isn't possible without bad DI. Enemies get sent too far up to do anything out of it except an Up-smash.

Trust me, I've gotten a better at using this current joke of a character.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:16 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: KarmaPilcrow
Currently Playing: the waiting game
Waifu: Furry trash.
Yes, Jogglypuff needed a nerd. She was #2 on the tier list, after all. But this is kind of drastic.

EDIT: I'm keeping that autocorrect. :P

Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:41 pm

Currently Playing: L4D2, SSF2
Huh yeah JIgglypuff CLEARLY needed to be nerfed I dunno how can one be surprised about the nerf.
You realize that less rest set-ups is a good thing right ? It was way too easy to rest in 0.9a, drill to rest was just stupid.
I think she's fine now.

You're basically comlaining about here not being broken anymore.
I think she's still very capable, she still has excellent aerials.
I'm still a bit disappointed that rest has been nerfed that much, it used to be low risk high reward, and by just making it more difficult to combo into it it would've been high risk high reward, now the reward is a bit too low imo.

No DI - A SSF2 v0.9a Combo Video :
YouTube Video:

FALCON...PUUUUNCH

MGN username : Shady75

Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:28 pm

When I say less setups, it means that there's basically only one good way to combo into it outside of tech-chasing and punishes. And that's Up-air.

Yes, Jigglypuff was going to get the nerf-gun. Who didn't know that? But they reduced too many good qualities for me to just lightly touch on it. Butcher her aerial mobility but keep rest viability? Fine. Butcher her rest viability and slightly reduce aerial mobility? Fine. That's balance.

But they ruined BOTH and gave her almost zero buffs, turning a good character into a mediocre one.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:47 pm

I agree with you when you say they nerfed too many things about here, but she's not medicore at all, she's still good.
I'd say she loses to Fox now, and probably other characters, more than before, but she's definitely not bad, don't forget that she's not the only character that have been nerfed.
I think 0.9b is more balanced than 0.9a, just because she's been nerfed so hard doesn't mean she's trash now, she can still do stuff.

YouTube Video:

FALCON...PUUUUNCH

Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:58 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Zapperrix
In the previous demo, Puff was broken.

In this one, I think that she's more balanced, but rest could be a bit more powerful.

ZERO_OR wrote:
Also their is no such things as GODS.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:06 pm

At low %s, you can do some long u-air juggles, leading into a platform tech-chase rest or aerial rest. Her u-tilt now actually hits the opponent into a good, combo-able trajectory. In the same vein it seems like the u-smash is also more useful at lower %'s for comboing.

She has lost a lot of low percent rest combos. In exchange she plays a lot more like Melee Jigglypuff. I like the u-air and u-tilt change a lot since the old one was abysmal with Jigg's moveset - you could rarely get it to combo with anything.

D-smash now gives a trajectory where the opponent props up before sending it to it's old angle.

From off-stage, you can no longer instantly ledge grab using Roll out. Only sing allows you to do so anymore. More of a weird than significant change. EDIT: Nvm, it is still do-able. I was confused since ledge grabbing feels slightly slower than before.

Her f-tilt also seems slightly longer.

In general she's definitely worse than before, but I still think she's pretty good, as her edge guarding game hasn't been touched.

Last edited by kana on Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:51 pm

Yeah that's what I think as well, she looks a lot like Melee jigglypuff, except Rest is weaker.

YouTube Video:

FALCON...PUUUUNCH

Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:09 pm

Yeah, her rest seems even weaker than in melee. It's kind of like Brawl rest.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:16 pm

Rest wasn't weak in Melee, actually I'm not even sure 0.9a was stronger than Melee rest.
Maybe a bit.

YouTube Video:

FALCON...PUUUUNCH

Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:19 pm

Shady75 wrote:
Yeah that's what I think as well, she looks a lot like Melee jigglypuff, except Rest is weaker.

Strongly disagree on the Melee part. Melee Jiggs has tons more mobility. When doing aerial attacks now, Jigglypuff is basically stuck in whatever path she was taking (she can move but it's so painfully slow that it's non-existant. Melee allowed you to weave back and forth during aerials, creating a great wall of bairs. And speaking of walls, her wall of pain is also now a bigger pain to pull off.

itahoharusa wrote:
Yeah, her rest seems even weaker than in melee. It's kind of like Brawl rest.

Yep, it got an uneeded nerf.

Shady75 wrote:
Rest wasn't weak in Melee, actually I'm not even sure 0.9a was stronger than Melee rest. Maybe a bit.

Melee rest is stronger than .9a rest. It could start killing as low as 40%.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:21 pm
 [ 252 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next