The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:37 am

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Super Smash Flash 2 And /r/smashbros 

Hey everyone, you can all call me Capps! I'm on the TO team and in contact with the content team on /r/smashbros.

Recently there have been some people really interested in Super Smash Flash 2 on the subreddit so I decided to check it out. Turns out my absolute favorite smash game of all time was sitting here under my nose without my knowing. I've been playing it nonstop and simply LOVE it. I've been playing as Black Mage and have never felt like a smash character has fit me better.

So I wanted to try and bring some awareness for the game to the subreddit while hosting some tournaments for the game (since I am a TO there and all). Hosting a tournament would be easy enough, but I really want to get some new people to try out the game as well by showing them the characters, explaining things like matchups and the stages in depth, and really be able to put a spotlight on the game so that when the subreddit hosts its first official SSF2 tournament we have a good turnout.

Since I am relatively new to the game I know I could write some things up about the game but they wouldn't be as good as things written with the help of you smash flash veterans. It would be awesome if anyone would be interested in helping me and the content team on the subreddit in drumming up some interest in the game by providing some good articles.

Plus every Monday on the subreddit we have a thread called "Metagame Monday". It used to have a section specifically for SSF2 but lately there hasn't been enough people talking to really build it up and it looks like it might be dropped. If we could launch a good content campaign and get the SSF2 section upvoted to the top it would do wonders for getting the game looked at.

Does this sound like something people here would like to get behind? I'd love to take any other suggestions for how we could help make the SSF2 scene a bit bigger and host some good tournaments for you guys. I'm all ears!

Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:59 pm

MGN Username: ohgosick
Currently Playing: Anything not called 'Undertale'.
Waifu: ur mum lmao
I'm a frequenter on the sub, this would be really cool, I don't really have much to input right now, but I likely will later, so I'll add you on skype. In case you didn't know there's a tournament going on soon called 'Smash Island IV' you could check that out and maybe advertise it on the sub.

When I think of something more I'll hit you up.

The Americans came in and burned my village with their flaming uppercuts,
killing our water buffalo and leaving this scar on my chest...

Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:40 pm

MGN Username: SoldierSunday
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
This is a great idea! What i've been trying to do is make a weekly highlight video for SSF2, kinda what bidoof does for the Salty Highlight videos for PM.

I'll add you on skype, since im a dev and im cool lol, and if you want to see the competitive side of ssf2, i have alot of matches on my YT channel that you can check out.
YouTube Video:

" You know what neither Melee nor Brawl have ? Controller input history in training mode." - 228zip, 2013

Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:23 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
This is a great idea. What kind of content are you looking for?

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:38 am

Jammy wrote:
This is a great idea. What kind of content are you looking for?

Anything! I think a lot of the reason people aren't picking up the game may be as simple as they don't know much about it.

I would love to show everyone lots of things about characters, explain the stages of the game and who they are good/bad for, talk about the tournament rules, ANYTHING to help better inform people about smash flash 2.

Plus managing up some gifs and videos of epic combos wouldn't hurt either, I know smash 4 is huge on the subreddit right now but if the smash flash crew came out in force to upvote their content it could be seen!

Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:03 am
BR Member

Time to start gifing it up I guess. Leggo team!

Youtube         Twitch

Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:21 am

Jammy wrote:
Time to start gifing it up I guess. Leggo team!

Woah woah woah! Don't just throw random gifs at me, let's coordinate! I'm hoping to do character spotlights each week (maybe even more often if it can get popular) to help introduce players to the game and characters. Perhaps we can get good combo gifs to go with them if we can figure out which characters we want to do when so we have more of an impact.

I know a lot of people would get into Smash Flash 2 and compete if they just got a good introduction to the game: a strong smash game on the computer without complicate emulators would be vastly appealing. People just need to see that the game is just as cool and good as every other.

Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:21 am

MGN Username: Rgf123
Currently Playing: SSF2, SSBB
So which character did you have in mind to spotlight first?

Trying to learn:
Sheik
Lloyd
Chibi-robo

Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:09 pm

MrjetArtist wrote:

Honestly I'm not sure. If a particular member on here has a lot of good content in terms of a combo video or good gifs for a character I would be willing to organize things to make it happen.

If we need time to organize we could always start next week. If we could get enough support we could actually do a week for each character, uploading and upvoting good gifs or videos of that character throughout the week so people can see them.

So I guess it's up to you guys, who should we cover first?

Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:24 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
SmashCapps wrote:
MrjetArtist wrote:

Honestly I'm not sure. If a particular member on here has a lot of good content in terms of a combo video or good gifs for a character I would be willing to organize things to make it happen.

If we need time to organize we could always start next week. If we could get enough support we could actually do a week for each character, uploading and upvoting good gifs or videos of that character throughout the week so people can see them.

So I guess it's up to you guys, who should we cover first?

You should start with a crowd favorite, someone they would recognize, like Captain Falcon!

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:49 pm

Starkiller2 wrote:
You should start with a crowd favorite, someone they would recognize, like Captain Falcon!

With all of the crazy love for Captain Falcon on the subreddit (and everywhere) this is an AWESOME idea!

Would everyone be okay with this? If so start pumping out amazing Falcon combos! I can easily do a good write up about Falcon for the Monday thread next week.

Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:06 pm
BR Member

Falcon is fine by me (obviously) :D

Youtube         Twitch

Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:35 pm

MGN Username: Sachamel
I'm no way a veteran but would gladly help, lately been trying my hand at making gifs.

Also adding to the "exposure" bit I think it would be nice to have a really well organized wiki (I've been helping there adding some images and gifs) so when posting a cool techinque we could link to it to explain it better (like how DJLO does with his "better know a matchup" series).

Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:01 pm

Awesome, let's coordinate for a Falcon week then next week!

Also come Monday there will be a post called Metagame Monday on the subreddit. I'm going to do a basic article about Smash Flash in general for it. Anyone willing to come out and give it an upvote so it can be seen would be amazing!

Plus it looks like we may be running an official Smash Flash 2 tournament very soon. I promise to post details ASAP, but it will probably be on Saturday the 25th!

Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:30 pm

Alright guys, next week will be officially Captain Falcon week. I want to see some awesome combo videos and gifs ready by next Monday, hop to it!!!

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comme ... r_amazing/

Last edited by SmashCapps on Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:49 pm
 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next