The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:54 pm

[ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
July 22nd, 2009 News (v0.5b is out!) 

I made a video cleod and there were quite a bit of glitches. if you would like to watch it here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE5iq0-NWEY

I see more glitches in green hill zone than any other stage :\

Patrick wrote:
SUPAH MECHA SONIC FOR SSF2!!! :headbang: :headbang:

If tson needs to stfu, put this in your sig.

Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:50 pm

Currently Playing: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
I love that the new character is Mega Man. Thank you for remembering that it is Mega Man and not Megaman.:D

YouTube Video:

Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:36 pm
Site Admin

ConquestStreak wrote:
First, amen. A new demo. Thanks, Cleod.
Second, I'm slightly confused on your way of labeling your demos. This is demo 0.5b, but there is a total of 7 characters implemented at this point. There are, however, approx. 45 confirmed characters to be placed. That, an you have the adventure mode, and several other modes to be placed in. Currently, I am under the assumption that v1.0 is the general "complete" version, but based upon the rate you introduce new characters, stages, and fixes, I'm wondering if 1.0 will be the official "finished product", or if it would be until, say a version 2.0 for a more closer aim of a goal. New characters may require more specialized programming, and that would only create more bugs, as the other actors don't know how to respond to the attack. That crates more bugs, and more work and late nights for you, Cleod, to fix.
Is there something I'm not understanding? (Note, I am a novice to Flash programming, and am not sure how the process of creating SSF2 works.)

Well just so you know I was actually considering labeling this demo v0.6, but it didn't have any of the features planned for v0.6 so I decided against it. But at the rate we are increasing you can expect v0.6 and v0.7 to be huge leaps. The reason for this is because I want v1.0 to be the finished product, and anything after that to be a revision or special edition of sorts.

[TSON] wrote:
Creating SSF2 characters isn't as hard as it used to be.

At all.

V:

Cleod could add 5 characters in the amount of time it took him to go from v0.3a to v0.3b.

Of course he wouldn't be able to fix any bugs but... V:

:|
Incorrect TSON

That's the way it used to be, but I can't add them alone at that rate anymore since they've gotten much more complex since then

Playat wrote:
Are you gonna add star KOs in the game?

Considering it actually.

ElvisDitto wrote:
You need to fix the credits. Not a mention from me or TSON or NU in the Kirby section. Nor itsame or anyone.

Don't worry I'm giving the credits a special screen for v0.6 so I can put more people down.

Kyaputen Tid wrote:
Question for Cleod about the coding: How are you doing the Kirby hats? I assume that they aren't being sprited individually for each hat, that'd take to long.

Kirby wears an invisible sash that gets replaced with the hats. I tried to move the sash as accurately as I can in his movements to make the best effect.

zerometal25 wrote:
Kyaputen Tid wrote:
zerometal25 wrote:
I was wondering... Who else is planning to get side tilts?

I'd say eventually, everyone.

Sounds good to me.

And Cleod I think when TSON said characters shouldn't be able to move of ledges, I think he meant just dash attacks and Sheild Rolling, not walking.

There's room for side tilts for everyone

And TSON did say walk, but this is already posing a problem at Hyrule...

I didn't do dashes yet, it doesn't seem to work properly for some reason.

Playat wrote:
Aww, 4-player free-for-all stills lags the game. :eew: Will this be fixed Cleod?

Theoretically yes it should, but I will not make it public what I am doing to solve this issue :shifty:

naruto16 wrote:
luv the new demo 10/5 but when u click on a character a then close that box then put it on again u cant pick him

That always could happen, I'm gunna make it work like Brawl instead later on where you have to click to drop it

MultiSenhor wrote:
@Cleod
When you die and there is a Crash Bomb attached to your body, it will still being in your body when you reappear.

:eew: I didn't think of that!

~/Java\~ wrote:
This has probably been mentioned, but Megaman's Up Special only works once. If you get hit, you can't use it again.

*cough*PIT*cough*

yoyojkt wrote:
I made a video cleod and there were quite a bit of glitches. if you would like to watch it here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE5iq0-NWEY

I see more glitches in green hill zone than any other stage :\

I basically know all the glitches now...

Anyway I think we've had enough here

:lock:

Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:46 pm
 [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11