The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:39 pm

[ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 25  Next
Samus 

Currently Playing: SSF2, Tekken 6, Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
Dark Ermac wrote:
Pieceless wrote:
Dark Ermac wrote:
Here's some things I haven't seen anyone mention yet:

-After Samus uses charge shot, her next uncharged shot in the air will have the same recoil as a full charge shot. In other words, it becomes possible to instantly increase or reverse Samus' momentum if she so desires, allowing for some nice air shenanigans for those who don't expect it. This seems to be connected to the double semicharge shot glitch.

-Samus' zair has no landing lag. It also has transcendent priority. It is literally her one tool that she has against the high tier swordsmen that doesn't completely suck. That being said, it is also only about 80% of its visible length, and loses all offensive hitboxes once it extends past that point. This means that she must be a bit closer than she should be in order to hit or sweetspot the edge with it.

After testing it (because I never noticed. :xd: Silly Me.) these are true I don't think people use the ZAir at all as a offensive option but it has its moments and, to me, now that I found out about the no end-lag part would make it a good combo starter imo, but as a sensible person if more people knew about it and spammed it since it's laggless then I think a nerf is in order for both of these before they are abused. Do any of yall agree?

She's low tier as it is. She doesn't need any more nerfs.

I know she is low tier but these might get nerfed sooner or later and I agree she doesn't need anymore nerfs but if anything was to get nerfed it would be the Charge Shot not the ZAir because I think they might of intended it to be lagless since she needed a trick up her sleeve but, I could be wrong.

Click to expand thumbnail
↑ Look it's the only guy who loves Turbo. ↑

Fri May 22, 2015 8:00 pm
BR Member

Location: The wonderful world of... someplace that isn't on fire.
MGN Username: Dark Ermac
Pieceless wrote:
Dark Ermac wrote:
Pieceless wrote:
Dark Ermac wrote:
Here's some things I haven't seen anyone mention yet:

-After Samus uses charge shot, her next uncharged shot in the air will have the same recoil as a full charge shot. In other words, it becomes possible to instantly increase or reverse Samus' momentum if she so desires, allowing for some nice air shenanigans for those who don't expect it. This seems to be connected to the double semicharge shot glitch.

-Samus' zair has no landing lag. It also has transcendent priority. It is literally her one tool that she has against the high tier swordsmen that doesn't completely suck. That being said, it is also only about 80% of its visible length, and loses all offensive hitboxes once it extends past that point. This means that she must be a bit closer than she should be in order to hit or sweetspot the edge with it.

After testing it (because I never noticed. :xd: Silly Me.) these are true I don't think people use the ZAir at all as a offensive option but it has its moments and, to me, now that I found out about the no end-lag part would make it a good combo starter imo, but as a sensible person if more people knew about it and spammed it since it's laggless then I think a nerf is in order for both of these before they are abused. Do any of yall agree?

She's low tier as it is. She doesn't need any more nerfs.

I know she is low tier but these might get nerfed sooner or later and I agree she doesn't need anymore nerfs but if anything was to get nerfed it would be the Charge Shot not the ZAir because I think they might of intended it to be lagless since she needed a trick up her sleeve but, I could be wrong.

As it stands, she has very, very few tools against high tier characters. Nerfing either of those options guarantees that all of her high-tier MUs will lose a good 5-10 points. Her Lloyd MU will become even more impossible because she will lose her only means of approaching.

Last edited by Dark Ermac on Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 22, 2015 8:21 pm

MGN Username: Zalozis Zemsis
Currently Playing: Gundam Wing: Endless Dual | Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code | Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Dark Ermac wrote:

That explains a lot of my SD's. But that's wicked cool tech. I already she several method of incorporating it with her mobility.

Luigi Movement, Cancel, Tech, etc.
YouTube Video:
SSF2 Google Drive
". . . Emphasis . . . of players helping one-another"

Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:36 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Addition to my previous post on the chaingrab: dtilt is I think the best way to finish, surprisingly. Just get them up to 140%, and dtilt.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:39 pm

This is a pretty interesting glitch. I was playing as Chibi-Robo and fighting Samus. I snatched Samus's fully charged charge shot, and then as I prepared to throw it at her she hit me. However! The charge shot remain in the same position of when Chibi was going to toss it... And stayed there! This didn't damage Samus but lead to her projectiles be destroyed every time they came in contact with the ball of energy.

Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:29 pm

OfflineUser wrote:
This is a pretty interesting glitch. I was playing as Chibi-Robo and fighting Samus. I snatched Samus's fully charged charge shot, and then as I prepared to throw it at her she hit me. However! The charge shot remain in the same position of when Chibi was going to toss it... And stayed there! This didn't damage Samus but lead to her projectiles be destroyed every time they came in contact with the ball of energy.

Huh.
When playing against Chibi once, I baited him(whilst having a charge shot) by firing a power missile, then a charge shot when he grabbed it :wee: . Dunno if I have the replay anywhere, but that was fun.

Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:52 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Miracle--7
Waifu: Not a weeb so N/A
Thanks to Kyoz for figuring out this little tech that he named "The Charge Shot Boost"

YouTube Video:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJN2bI ... U4T8VXpgvA
My Youtube channel :D

Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:23 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Ehh... Im pretty sure Ermac already said something about that, basically something with recoil transferring to an airial Charge Beam. This looks like the extended version of it.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:39 am
BR Member

Location: The wonderful world of... someplace that isn't on fire.
MGN Username: Dark Ermac
Oh, so that's why I killed Jammy's Goku in 1 hit that one time.

I knew about the uncharged shot's general glitchiness, but I never thought that the uncharged shot's power and knockback could stack like that. This will surely bring Samus up a little bit on the tier list until it inevitably gets patched out.

Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:23 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
Dark Ermac wrote:

I knew about the uncharged shot's general glitchiness, but I never thought that the uncharged shot's power and knockback could stack like that. This will surely bring Samus up a little bit on the tier list until it inevitably gets patched out.

So it does do more knockback, I wasn't sure about it.

Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:29 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Dark Ermac wrote:

Yeah, this is legitimately scary. It makes it much harder for characters to camp Samus out, because any time that they aren't approaching is time that Samus is building OHKO charge. This in turn will make approaches much easier to read and beat out as Samus, because the other character won't be controlling the pace of the match by themselves anymore.

Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:24 am

MGN Username: Appley
Currently Playing: SSF2, Earthbound, and some old DS relics
This shot can be powershielded right?

Mains: :ness:

Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:50 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Probably. Can powershields break in this game? The ability to create an arbitrarily powerful projectile might allow people to test this.

The worst part about this tech is that you can combo into it inescapably from dthrow, so the problems one might have landing this move go away: just dash-grab every time you think someone will get hit by it, and then hit them.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:17 am
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Powershields can actually break. If you PShield Tails' Blaster vor something with a similar Shield Eating property you will See it shrinking and reflecting it at the same time.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:09 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
afaik it can't break during the actual reflection. what you're seeing is probably the regular shield shrink

Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:51 am
 [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 25  Next