The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:07 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST SSF2 OR GAME IDEAS/QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM!

For SSF2 Discussion, please go here: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewforum.php?f=4

[ 3 posts ] 
update/rewrite the rules 

So, I read the rules and I noticed a few problems with them:

Quote:
1.) Although there are a few word filters, I don't want you saying anything that can't be said on American daytime TV!

I'm not an American. I don't know what can't be said on American daytime TV because I've never seen American daytime TV. Also, you mention the filters but don't mention that filter evading is something you can be warned for.
Quote:
6.) No posts with inappropriate material. (Anything that can't be said or seen on basic cable can't be said or seen here!)

Nor do I know what you mean by "basic cable". Also, isn't this pretty much the same thing as the first rule?
Quote:
4.) NO POSTING SPAM!! (That includes links to sites with obnoxious flashing images, quoting another post without adding any real contribution to the conversation, or posting a topic with no significance to anything whatsoever, etc.)
*Requesting a lock will be considered as spam as well.

The "requesting a lock" part falls under backseat modding, doesn't it? No need to specify it here.
Quote:
7.) NO POSTS IN ALL CAPS PLEASE!

Nobody actually warns me for this. Besides, it's not a problem unless it's every single post or something, right?
Quote:
16.) I will not be held responsible for any third party links posted by anyone on these forums.

This isn't a rule, it's a disclaimer.
Quote:
21.) Don't put giant pictures in your sig or avatar, it shouldn't stretch your post box much more than it would if you didn't have any sig or avatar. If they cause horizontal scrollbars to appear or I think they're too big I might yell at you. (This goes for posting pics too, don't post pics that are wider than your screen)

Avatars already have a 180x180 size limit and pictures posted already resize themselves. We also have the [timg] tag for large images. This rule can only really be applied to sigs. Also, a height limit for sigs should be stated.
Quote:
25.) Do not embed flash or videos in your sig or anywhere else that does anything without user consent (play music, open window, etc)

26.) Do NOT quote pyramid Flash, anywhere!

You can't embed flash anyway lmao

Also, there are a few things that probably should be added to the rules. No account sharing, for one.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:33 am
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Sekiro, Persona 4
Waifu: That’s right. PS4.
yeah the rules are kinda outdated

Blue wrote:
lol Cry more, Terminex. f*** f**. lolololololol What a b****.

Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:32 am
Site Admin

1) There's no written documents about this where I can refer you to specifics, so your best bet is to let the word filter do it's job and not throw around potentially offensive words. Alternatively I can make the rule "Don't say something you wouldn't say to your neighbor's 8 year old in front of their parents face", but that would be a little restrictive, no?

6) Added "American"

4) No, backseat modding can also include "scolding" of a member who is misbehaving, which is the moderator's job.

7) If you would like to receive a warning every time you do it I'm sure all of us on the mod team would gladly do so. Let us know.

16) Like I'm going to re-order the whole list because of that

21) It's still quite possible to get around this rule, removing it doesn't make a lot of sense

25) I'm leaving the rule, doesn't mean it's allowed just because it's impossible to do

26) I'll remove this one

:lock:

Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:15 pm
 [ 3 posts ]