The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 4:57 pm

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 9 posts ] 
[3DS] Theatrhythm Final Fantasy 

I just picked up this game today, and i gotta say its pretty fun so far. Anyone else get this game yet?

Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:09 am

Due to a serious backlog in old but awsome games I bought right around my birthday, I haven't gotten around to this one yet, but it did look really awsome. How exactly is everything played out? Story info prior to the release was minimal

Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:20 am

Death'saWoopingRiot wrote:
Due to a serious backlog in old but awsome games I bought right around my birthday, I haven't gotten around to this one yet, but it did look really awsome. How exactly is everything played out? Story info prior to the release was minimal

Its similar to the scenario in Dissidia in the fact that there is a conflict between Chaos and Cosmos. The space between them (or so the game says) is called the Rhythm. Cosmos sends forth her warriors (the protagonists from the main series Final Fantasy games) to use the power of music to restore the balance.

Or something like that.

Basically you choose four characters for your party, choose a Final Fantasy game, and you play through a series of its songs: Opening Theme, Battle Theme, Field Theme, Event Theme (based on memorable cutscenes from the game, or a mashup of cutscenes), followed lastly by the ending theme. Each stage type has a slightly different style such as the Battle stages having the "notes" appear in lanes which correspond to your characters, when you hit notes, your characters attack the opposing enemies. If you are offbeat too much, or miss the note entirely, you take damage. If all your characters die, its game over. Basically all you have to do in order to win is survive the entire stage.

I havent gotten that far yet, ive only played the songs from FF1 so far.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:31 am

MGN Username: SuperSmashDrake
Currently Playing: Destiny, Smash 4, & Marvel Contest of Champions
If you are interested in a story for the game, don't be. The "story" is a few lines when you start up the game and after getting x amount of Rhythmia you fight Chaos and "win."

I personally enjoy the game, except for the fact that the Rhythmia meter maxes out at 99999, so I've maxed it out and I haven't even played the DLC songs yet.

Some tips for you newcomers include:
Don't play the Opening or Ending themes in Series Mode, they are a waste of your time.
If going for high scores, un-equip all abilities and items. This grants you a 2 mil point bonus for the song.
Never give up on harder songs, you will progressively get better.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:16 am

Where's the fun in skipping the opening and ending themes, at least play them once, thats what im gonna do.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:56 am

I want this game so so so bad. It looks amazing and fun! And the only opening theme I'm playing is the bombing mission, and Liberi Fatali.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:37 am

Shing wrote:
I want this game so so so bad. It looks amazing and fun! And the only opening theme I'm playing is the bombing mission, and Liberi Fatali.

Neither of those are in the game, as far as I can remember.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:03 am
BR Member

Um...viewtopic.php?f=18&t=30448?

This game sounds really cool, but I can't get it since it's for the 3DS.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:07 pm

Densetsu wrote:
Um...viewtopic.php?f=18&t=30448?

This game sounds really cool, but I can't get it since it's for the 3DS.

I asked Ramsey, he said it was okay to make this a separate topic, if he so disagrees with it, let him merge it with the Final Fantasy topic.

I did wish though that the opening themes were the opening movie themes (like Liberali Fatali) listening to the crystal theme gets annoying after a while seeing as how most of the games have that theme.

Its too bad that the DLC songs only include BMS, FMS, and EMS stages, DLC opening songs would have been awesome.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:30 pm
 [ 9 posts ]