The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:01 pm

[ 10 posts ] 
Guess That Song Clip! 

Currently Playing: LoL, Smash 4, Tera
Waifu: Peachie
Every time I try this on a forum, it fails. Let's make it work on MLG Forums!

So, this is how the game is played. The player in action posts a snippet of a song, the snippet being no longer than 1 or 2 seconds in length. It can be a random part of any song. Then, the thread participants of course, try to guess where the snippet comes from.

You get it right, you get the points, simple as that. There will only be THREE clues per clip.

1) Clue #1: A single GIVEN clue that comes with EVERY clip. It can be any random, obscure reference to the snippet, but it has to actually be relevant to the song in some way. For instance, if the snippet was say, the Barney Theme Song, your clue could be "We love each other" (in reference to "I love you, you love me" blah blah whatever). Note though, it doesn't have to be an obscure clue. It can be something as basic as the album name that the song appears on if you want it to be. If no second clues are needed, a total of 2 points are awarded.

2) Clue #2: After a few players try to guess (no set amount, 2 or 3 tries is enough), if the correct answer still is not stated, then one of the players can request a second clue. It can be an obscure clue, or straightforward, just like the first. However, requesting the second clue diminishes the point value to 1 point. A player needs no permission from the rest of the players to request a clue

3) Clue #3: After a few more tries, if the correct answer has still yet to surface, then a player can request a third clue. Again, the player needs no permission from anyone else to do this, but, in requesting the third clue, the point value diminishes to 0.5.

If everyone then still fails then the host of that round can post a new clip.

If you guess correctly however, then it becomes YOUR turn to post a musical clip. If you don't want to, or don't have the ability or means to create a small clip, you can PM me your choice for a clip and I'll make one for you. :) (In which case I won't be participating in that specific round since I'll know the answer). If you ask me to do this, please specify in PM just what part of the tune you want me to cut. Note though, that you will still be in charge of that actual round, as far as clues and whatnot goes. Also, EVEN IF YOU KNOW YOU'RE RIGHT, WAIT FOR THAT ROUND'S HOST TO CONFIRM THAT YOU'RE CORRECT BEFORE POSTING YOUR OWN CLIP.

If you don't want to post a clip at all, then I guess you can just pass up the opportunity or whatever and leave it to me or whoever you want. If people become too stumped, then a different clip will be posted.

For those of you who want a good program that is excellent for opening up mp3's, wavs, etc, and allowing you to extract tiny clips of the audio, you can download the open-source freeware program called Audacity from sourceforge here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ It is an extremely light-weight program, there's no charge for it, and it is 100% free of any malicious code or content. Review here: http://www.podcast-software-review.topt ... eview.html . It's actually a mixing program, but creating snippets with Audacity is as simple as opening your mp3, selecting the part of the song you want, and hitting "Save Selection". Seriously.

If you need somewhere to upload your clip, you can use share sites such as megaupload, rapidshare, or mediafire.

This is for fun, but please try to make this game enjoyable by posting something that people at least have a chance of knowing. You can't expect people to know a song by some no-name local indie band that don't even have a myspace page.

ANY song is allowed, even songs made by members here. Though to give members a chance, suggested songs to clip would be those from:
-- Video-games we all might know, such as Brawl
-- Popular cartoon and anime openings, endings, etc
-- Television show opening themes, ending themes, etc
-- Songs of somewhat considerable fame, such as "Sweet Child O Mine" by Guns N Roses.

Just try to use your judgment as far as that goes.

Also there's nothing saying that the same song can't appear twice in this thread- just make sure that the new clips is totally distinguishable from the one previously posted in the thread!

I'll be keeping score.

-------------------------------------

LET'S PLAY!!

I'll start with the one I always do when I make this thread.

The Clip:
http://www.goophball.net/datafiles/clip ... read01.mp3

Clue #1 - SNES Mario

Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:06 pm
YIM WWW

Forest of Illusion from Super Mario World

Adopted by Shounic
-
-
ImageImage

Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:53 pm

Well, maybe the first one was a bit too easy. xD

Anyway, that's correct.

+2 Points for Mr. Smiley

Current Scoreboard
Mr. Smiley - 2 Points

This is confirmation. Now will you be posting one or will you PM me your choice?

I hope this game gets big

Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:37 pm
YIM WWW

Any good game here dies, its law.

Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:51 pm

The Clip:
http://www.mediafire.com/?wm4wzzmqqym

Clue #1 - Starman

Adopted by Shounic
-
-
ImageImage

Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:40 am

I would assume it's something Mario related, what with "Starman", but I have no idea where that small clip could be from.

Uh Mario Galaxy?

Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:43 pm
YIM WWW

Nope.

Adopted by Shounic
-
-
ImageImage

Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:28 pm

Pokemon?

Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:37 am

Earthbound.