The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:32 am

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Help Multii to improve his ingirhs. 

EDIT: Bluargh bluargh bluargh

You won't want to read that long post.

So, yeah, if I said anything wrong tell me, I may make questions here too.

I'll try to skip the grade I'm into right now by making a level test, anytime soon.

Last edited by Multi on Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:00 pm

"definitively, I didn't know this one, but I googled it, and I won't forget "chose" is the right form"
you mean definitely
and for the last one, you would say "...that it only lasted a moment" or "... that it only lasted (for) a short (amount of) time"

Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:15 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
MultiSenhor wrote:
I'd like to have the English Teacher profession as my career, because I seem to suck at/not be able to practice everything else I like, it would be easier too, and I'd get more money than the average jobs, and I don't need much money to live, anyway.
I want to fasten my learning and obliterate any issue I have with English.

Well well, I'd never thought there would be someone else like me in that regard somewhere out there.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:31 am

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden III
Uncle + Aunt = Relatives

Also, the last one may be correct, I don't know, but it sure as hell doesn't sound right. Try something like "we spent so much time organizing it and it was over quickly"

Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:10 am
Site Moderator

First lesson: use hasten, not fasten, when saying you want to speed something up.

Also:
Multisenhor wrote:
" ... we spent so much time organizing it and it lasted so short [ :eew: ]." ww: we both couldn't find a consistent answer, is the opposite of "lasting long", "lasting short"? Do someone know? Is it right, but not usual or "natural"?
She said such a little time is more natural...

"... we spent so much time organizing it and ended up not lasting very long."

That's how I would've worded it.

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:30 am

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
Fasten means to tighten something. For example:
I sat down in the car and fastened my seat-belt.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:27 am

Blue wrote:
First lesson: use hasten, not fasten, when saying you want to speed something up.

Also:
Multisenhor wrote:
" ... we spent so much time organizing it and it lasted so short [ :eew: ]." ww: we both couldn't find a consistent answer, is the opposite of "lasting long", "lasting short"? Do someone know? Is it right, but not usual or "natural"?

ooh s*** i misread it
you're supposed to use but

Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:47 pm

GOD wrote:
Blue wrote:

Also:
Multisenhor wrote:

ooh s*** i misread it
you're supposed to use but

But what?

Also, wrote yesterday, before the internet went down:
Wow, I didn't expect all those posts so fastly.
Thank you guys.

FOR THE "LAST SHORT" SENTENCE, ya'll made good wordings, but that wasn't exactly what I meant (you didn't read the text, so you couldn't know), it was like, I feel upset at the end of a party, because it is usually a waste of time (well, for me, most things we do are a waste of time...), since it is hard to organize, we get tired and it doesn't last long.

@God (Belth, perhaps?)
I was going to write that, but suddenly I wasn't competely sure anymore, and I went by the one whom sounded better for me.

@Blue (the gay ninja hedgehog whose name is arrow) + Tid
Ok, fasten is like the opposite of loosen, then? Didn't know that, I usually say speed/sped up, but I think it didn't fit well there... gonna try to remember.

@DVDV
Isn't "relatives" KIND OF a synonym of family, like, the people in your family, kinship?
Also, boyfriend + girlfriend? Like, "-- Are they siblings? -- No, they are _______", can I use "valentines"? Well, if there isn't an other option, simply boyfriend and girlfriend, but it is a bit long to my lazy tongue...

My composition by the way, if you don't mind reading it, the theme was like "write about your most memorable birthday party as if it was a blog", it is a bit messed up because I really didn't know what to say, but I know she would analyze my skill with the language and not my ability as a writer, or if my ideas were "clear". It was written in all caps, so I may have capitalized something wrong...
Here:
Composition: show
I'm feeling nostalgic and also angry. I can't remember many things about that special birthday, but I'll write everything I remember, even if that's not as much as I'd like to...
Erm, as always, a day before that, we cleaned the house, bought balloons, made candies, baked a cake, chose our clothes, called people, those usual things. I was really excited and I helped my mom to choose and to do everything. We probably spent the whole day doing things for the birthday.
And then... the day had finally come! I was wearing a, perhaps blue, T-shirt and, for sure, brownish green pants. My mom called some children from my street, and many people from my family came too (so I guess it was Saturday, otherwise they wouldn't come) My uncle, I mean, my aunt's husband, sang happy birthday wrong(ly), to mess people up, he also kept lighting and blowing the candles, other people did that as well. I think that's all I can remember...
When the party ended, we had to organize some things, clean the house, store the food left, but we didn't do everything at once, after all, it was late at night. We might have watched TV and played "Show do Milhão" too, I don't know. I felt good, but at the same time I was tired, we spent so much time organizing it and it _____. The morning after the party was, say, tasty: we had birthday food for breakfast; I could also enjoy my newly gained/brand new presents.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:26 pm

Kyuucutie wrote:
You just call a boyfriend and girlfriend a couple.

*Self :facepalm: ing*

Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:24 pm

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
MultiSenhor wrote:
Also, wrote yesterday, before the internet went down:
Wow, I didn't expect all those posts so fastly.
Thank you guys.

Fastly isn't a word. You should use quickly.
Wow, I didn't expect all those posts so quickly.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:43 pm

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden III
There's no commonly used specific term that can refer to an aunt and uncle that doesn't refer to another member of your family.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:43 pm

Waifu: I'm married
|~DVDV~| wrote:
There's no commonly used specific term that can refer to an aunt and uncle that doesn't refer to another member of your family.

You could use relative, however like domestic violence said it's not really specific

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:25 pm
YIM WWW

wow what grade are you in? that paragraph was horrible
i should just tell you everything thats wrong with it

Quote:
I'm feeling nostalgic and also angry. I can't remember many things about that special birthday, but I'll write everything I remember, even if that's not as much as I'd like to... (Horrible start, you're saying you're not clear about your information, and that you don't want to write anything)
Erm (Did you really f*** write "Erm" on your paper?), as always, a day before that, we cleaned the house, bought balloons, made candies, baked a cake, chose our clothes, called people, those usual things (Seriously? "Those usual things"? You should use "As always, we did the usual things a day before the birthday: Cleaning the house, buying balloons, making candies, baking a cake, choosing our clothes and calling our friends."). I was really excited and I helped my mom to choose and to do everything. We probably spent the whole day doing things for the birthday.
And then... the day had finally come! (What's up with the ellipsis here? It's unnecessary) I was wearing a, perhaps blue, (Wow, s***, you said "perhaps blue" in between commas. Either do "I was wearing a blue - probably blue - shirt..." or "I was wearing a blue (Most likely blue) shirt...") T-shirt and, for sure, (If you're so sure then don't bother writing it out) brownish green pants. My mom called some children from my street, and many people from my family came too (so I guess it was So it was most likely Saturday that day, otherwise they wouldn't have come came) My uncle, (Use a dash here to indicate an interrupted thought, which shouldn't be on a paper like this anyway) I mean, my aunt's husband, sang happy birthday (Either use quotes around "happy birthday" or say "the happy birthday song") wrongly (Worst word to use here, use "incorrectly", "poorly" or even "completely wrong", or just rephrase the entire f*** thing) , to mess people up (Poor use of words), he also kept lighting and blowing the candles, other people did that as well. I think that's all I can remember...
When the party ended, we had to organize some things ("Reorganize everything"?), clean the house, store the food left, but (COMMA, however, COMMA would work better) we didn't do everything at once, after all, it was late at night. We might have watched TV and played "Show do Milhão" too, I don't know (Leave this part out). I felt good, but at the same time I was tired ("but I was tired at the same time"), we spent so much time organizing it and it _____ ("yet it lasted such a short time"). The morning after the party was, say, tasty (I don't think I need to tell you what's wrong with this one): we had birthday food (More specific...) for breakfast; (No connection here, use a regular period) I could also enjoy my newly gained/brand new (Stick with one) presents.

my english aint perfect, but wow you are bad

Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:55 am

It's the 4th semester guy, calm down, I could be beyond that, but I want to get every bit of experience I can by now, so that is why I want to learn a bit more, to feel more prepared whenever I do the leveling test.

The composition isn't supposed to test your writing skills (but my English vocabulary, spelling, grammar and whatever-we-learned-to-talk-about-skills, eg. propositions of motion, food, past participles), I SAID it sucks in that point, I really didn't know what to do, because I REALLY don't remember about my birthday parties (my memory is a bit confuse, while I can remember some things clearly, I forget most of the recent happenings), and I CAN write much better, and it is the raw text I wrote in the class, with just the minimal corrections.
I wish I could show you what I wrote in the text "that I wasn't supposed to know yet", and that surprised my teacher, but I gotta go to school. Thanks for the tips anyway, some might be useful ;)

@tid
thanks

Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:09 am

Currently Playing: The Game
Someone needs a crash course in Essay Writing 101 and it ain't me.

Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:38 pm
 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next