The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:15 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST SSF2 OR GAME IDEAS/QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM!

For SSF2 Discussion, please go here: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewforum.php?f=4

[ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Complaint - 3D Animations in Signatures 

EraserDude wrote:
Naw, really? Med, you're like, the only person complaining. Get FireFox, get AdBlock, you're fine. And since when does one-two gif(s) slow down your computer? Only two people have "3-D" animations.

It does lag for me as well, and I don't like Firefox. I tried it, it was too slow, didn't like the tab system, and add ons were only useful in situations like this.

Section for the dick suckers moderators to make them feel special talk about important issues on the forums. It's just a forum that is named "moderator section"

Fri May 29, 2009 10:14 am
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
German Fascist wrote:
EraserDude wrote:
Naw, really? Med, you're like, the only person complaining. Get FireFox, get AdBlock, you're fine. And since when does one-two gif(s) slow down your computer? Only two people have "3-D" animations.

It does lag for me as well, and I don't like Firefox. I tried it, it was too slow, didn't like the tab system

IE has tabs, is less stable, and runs slower than firefox.

Google search speed up firefox if it bothers you that much

Fri May 29, 2009 6:52 pm
Site Admin

EraserDude wrote:

Getting Firefox and Adblock really is the best of the solutions IMO

German Fascist wrote:
It does lag for me as well, and I don't like Firefox. I tried it, it was too slow, didn't like the tab system, and add ons were only useful in situations like this.

WHAT?

Firefox is completely customizable, if you don't want tabs then set up your links to open in new windows. And I couldn't live without some of my Add-ons...

Fri May 29, 2009 9:18 pm

Cleod9 wrote:
German Fascist wrote:

WHAT?

Firefox is completely customizable, if you don't want tabs then set up your links to open in new windows. And I couldn't live without some of my Add-ons...

I can't live with the tab system.
When your used to Firefox its hard to use IE

Fri May 29, 2009 9:24 pm

ScoutsCoUt wrote:
Cleod9 wrote:
German Fascist wrote:

WHAT?

OR maybe, just maybe, I don't use IE...

Section for the dick suckers moderators to make them feel special talk about important issues on the forums. It's just a forum that is named "moderator section"

Fri May 29, 2009 9:46 pm

German Fascist wrote:
ScoutsCoUt wrote:
Cleod9 wrote:
German Fascist wrote:

WHAT?

Then listen to Cleod and set it to open links in new windows <.<
Honestly, why should we make this forum more plain and boring by removing colorful, multi-framed images just because a few people are too stubborn and selfish to take the easier solution

Sat May 30, 2009 4:21 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Tson already explained why you don't need to remove the sigs...

Are you people blatantly ignoring you?

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat May 30, 2009 8:07 pm
YIM WWW

Living Shadow wrote:
German Fascist wrote:
ScoutsCoUt wrote:
Cleod9 wrote:
German Fascist wrote:

WHAT?

Honestly, why should we make this forum more plain and boring by removing colorful, multi-framed images just because a few people are too stubborn and selfish to take the easier solution

I am sorry, I don't think I made it clear to you that I don't like firefox. It is not as good as you think, I tried it myself, and I don't like it. You are not me, so how is it "easier" for individuals like me to have a good time with a browser they don't like? Selfish? Maybe. But that is the point of an idea, a solution for the people who cannot make a change by themselves, they need a coder. No offense, but the solution to change my browser was quite shallow as I clearly pointed out I don't like it.

Oh an one more thing, if you forgot, I don't like firefox.

Sat May 30, 2009 8:55 pm

Waifu: I'm married
So? Everybody else shouldn't have to lose something just for your convenience.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat May 30, 2009 9:16 pm
YIM WWW
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
Alright, that's it, this is my foot, and it's coming down.

A small group of people wants to take a feature that 97% of the forum enjoys away, just because they're too lazy to get a decent web explorer.

This is, next to total and utter bullcrap, ridiculous.

I count 3, maybe 4 people who are agreeing on this.

You know how a democracy works? Majority wins.

As the majority of the people has A : a halfdecent internet connection or B : accepted the small lag that happens once every blue moon.

Alright, so the forum is far from a democracy, but the system makes sense at times.

tl;dr version, we're not going to drastically change stuff because of 2 lazy people.

For god's sake, in this day in age, there are HUNDREDS of animations no matter where you look. Are you always going to appeal to the owners of the site to remove them all just for your convenience?

I'm not locking this just yet, but you'd better give me a dang good reason for not just laughing at you and locking it, fast.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Sat May 30, 2009 9:36 pm

Not a problem, I say keep the animations anyway.

Sat May 30, 2009 10:03 pm

German Fascist wrote:
Living Shadow wrote:
German Fascist wrote:
ScoutsCoUt wrote:
Cleod9 wrote:
German Fascist wrote:

WHAT?

I am sorry, I don't think I made it clear to you that I don't like firefox. It is not as good as you think, I tried it myself, and I don't like it. You are not me, so how is it "easier" for individuals like me to have a good time with a browser they don't like? Selfish? Maybe. But that is the point of an idea, a solution for the people who cannot make a change by themselves, they need a coder. No offense, but the solution to change my browser was quite shallow as I clearly pointed out I don't like it.

Oh an one more thing, if you forgot, I don't like firefox.

Boo. Hoo. Hoo.
Not as good as I think? I have it, moron.
By accepting the fact that the browser is good and that your computer is a horrid piece of crap. Then enjoy the wonders.
Not maybe, you are.
Another point of this idea section is to see how many people agree and would find your idea better, which isn't very many in this case.
Boo. Hoo. Hoo.
I offered you a solution to what you said you didn't like about it, and your response to my solution was "I dun liek fierfocks"
If you don't like something, explain what you don't like, so maybe we can help you with your browser problem, instead of suck-ifying this forum (worse than how some people have already made it) just for you and 1 or 2 others convenience.

Sun May 31, 2009 12:21 am

Currently Playing: SC2, SSBB (4168-0287-1402)
Sometimes people don't like Firefox, LS. You haveta learn to respect that.

Adopted by Shounic

Sun May 31, 2009 7:33 am
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
Nobody wrote:
Sometimes people don't like Firefox, LS. You haveta learn to respect that.

THEN USE CHROME OR SAFARI :-_-:

Sun May 31, 2009 8:30 am

Currently Playing: SC2, SSBB (4168-0287-1402)
I use Firefox. I'm talking about Fascist.

Adopted by Shounic

Sun May 31, 2009 9:10 am
 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next