The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:40 pm

[ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
June 6th, 2009 News (Status Update) 

New the Chameleon wrote:
I will wait patiently, but I don't think the demo will be really worth to wait.

i'll agree with you there. 88 days probaly woun't be worth the wait, but still i bet the demo will be awsome

Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:59 am

Fine fine I will wait.

Last time you updated was March I think and it was just a fix up

[spoiler] :hmph: :doh:

Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:07 pm

... you did the spoiler wrong, it's [/spoiler] [spoiler]
(reverse order)

90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

http://draken09.mybrute.com

Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:14 pm

Shadow123 wrote:
:snack: :facepalm: :headbang: :eew: :drool: :mrgreen: :roll: :lol: :xd: :shock: :o :shifty: :bump: :snack:

Please don't spam emoticons.

Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:18 pm

about what time will it be updated?
Anyways theres gonna be a new physics engine right?

Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:19 pm

rarrl wrote:
about what time will it be updated?We don't know
Anyways theres gonna be a new physics engine right?yes

90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:54 pm

Finally I can post sum more hilarious pics in the Screenshots Thread.

Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:50 pm

:P I didn't even know we have a screenshots thread!

Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:20 pm

I agree with the Chameleon guy... I HOPE it is good, and Cleod is a good coder, but by what I've seen... seriously, all the actual demos are worst than SSB64. And sprites doesn't matter if the game is good. But I'm trusting in Cleod.

Also, it is about engine, not stuff, of course I want one or two new characters, but I also know Cleod had to change a lot of sprites, redo almost all the engine, fix old AND new bugs, redo partially or totally the characters to fit the new engine, add some new features and test stuff, a problem in the program he is using and all in a short time, practically; and with people pressing him by all the sides.

Good games take time, you can't tell him to do a good game AND to do it in a short time, it is just paradoxal, just choose between a good game that is delayed or a quick made game that is bad.

Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:40 pm

Kanashimi wrote:
I agree with the Chameleon guy... I HOPE it is good, and Cleod is a good coder, but by what I've seen... seriously, all the actual demos are worst than SSB64. And sprites doesn't matter if the game is good. But I'm trusting in Cleod.

Also, it is about engine, not stuff, of course I want one or two new characters, but I also know Cleod had to change a lot of sprites, redo almost all the engine, fix old AND new bugs, redo partially or totally the characters to fit the new engine, add some new features and test stuff, a problem in the program he is using and all in a short time, practically; and with people pressing him by all the sides.

Good games take time, you can't tell him to do a good game AND to do it in a short time, it is just paradoxal, just choose between a good game that is delayed or a quick made game that is bad.

There's great wisdom in those words, :| OK, I know, I just messed up, but he's right! There is a darastic need for balance.

Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:48 pm

But the awesomeness isnt engines(the demo 4.0b have good engine) but amount of characters, stages, modes, items, things that will make we playing until he release 5.0b

Curent projects:
Purple Owl Productions:
Battle Grid Legendz-Need flash

Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:57 pm

Waifu: I'm married
The Faith wrote:
But the awesomeness isnt engines(the demo 4.0b have good engine) but amount of characters, stages, modes, items, things that will make we playing until he release 5.0b

Without a good engine, the game will suck. No matter how many characters there are.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:58 pm
YIM WWW

ye, the thing is. if most of you guy's keep asking cleod to add thing's other than chars, items, stages etc. He'll never get the game finished. So cleod i advise you to add some actual content to v0.5b and fixing a few glitch's on the way(but usualy my adivice gets ignored).

Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:02 pm

Waifu: I'm married
bowser guy wrote:
ye, the thing is. if most of you guy's keep asking cleod to add thing's other than chars, items, stages etc. He'll never get the game finished. So cleod i advise you to add some actual content to v0.5b and fixing a few glitch's on the way(but usualy my adivice gets ignored).

Bad idea. Just because he's not adding characters doesn't mean he's not working on them.
Also, I'm pretty sure he wants to make a QUALITY game, not a f*** of bad content.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:05 pm
YIM WWW

You are all corret. Without a good engine, it will suck. But, without more characters and stuff like that, people will get bored fast. So basically you need a good engine and more new things for a good demo.

Anyway...since i haven't played it in a long time, v0.4b will be a good time waster if i have nothing 2 do.

So i'll check back later on the demo, but for now im going to go play basketball, watch t.v., play the current demo, etc.

Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:06 pm
 [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next