The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:32 am

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Help Multii to improve his ingirhs. 

Guys, I know the text sucks and I do not care. I didn't mean to make a good text, as in structure, just one that showed some english features I'm learning in this semester (as I said above some posts ago) and something beyond that, oh, and make it less "robotic" (as my fellow students' ones), thus a bit more natural.
Like, they write almost exactly what the teacher said, a very small text, with just a set of common words (and again it is just the 4TH SEMESTER). Mine is beyond that, and that is what I wished to do.

Now, I can do better, but I do not need to prove it. I'm not a writer and my goal is just to improve my english in a way I can talk fluidly to other people and be able to get some income through it and live my life.

You do not read portuguese, so there isn't any sample of good text I can show you right now, if you really care. I might have written something for the DOJO!! but I'm lazy to search for it, if ever. I could write a text to show you, but again, I do not need to prove anything.
So, stop wasting your time and bothering me with it, because I really won't care. I might redo/analyze the composition afterwards, though (and this sentence is beyond my grade).

I feel like I had something else to say, and it started with the word "although", but I forgot, not that it is something that happens rarely to me... where's my medicine...?

In an off-topic note: WOW, FINALLY PEOPLE'S NAMES LINK TO THEIR PROFILE!!!
That is probably the only change I wanted the forum to have.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:56 am

Currently Playing: The Game
I can't empathise, I've been speaking English most of my life.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:07 pm

Thaiberium wrote:
I can't empathise, I've been speaking English most of my life.

That is kinda what I was thinking (the empathy part, not the been speaking... one).
I was going to say something about learning another language (portuguese), but since I wasn't sure I just didn't say anything.

And I just started doing so (learning english), and in a very complex part of the life of a brazilian. Not saying, "oh my God, I have so much problems", but, "if I had started earlier it would be easier to me".
The english classes at public school just teach the basics, and many times, unfortunately, they teach things wrong and the students do not care that much either, they mostly just copy people's homework and such. But let's not generalize, there are good teachers and good students too.

I thought you spoke Thai most of your life. :wee:
Were your parents rich people who worked in an other country or something?

Wow, I write a lot, I can't talk as much as I write.

Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:04 pm
 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2