The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:32 pm

[ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 28  Next
Chibi-Robo 
BR Member

MGN Username: Miracle--7
Waifu: Not a weeb so N/A
gEmssbguy13 wrote:
You know, if I have an extra stock and I'm in a far lead, I like to Toothbrush off stage just because I think the music is catchy.

Too bad that never happens in a real match... :(

LOL

Also the toothbrush is annoying for its sorta hard to escape :(

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJN2bI ... U4T8VXpgvA
My Youtube channel :D

Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:29 pm

MGN Username: Ganondoof
Currently Playing: Vanguard Princess, Upkmnfg, YGOPRO
It just brushes you off a little. You can escape it after a few hits, sometimes even after only 1-2 hits if you have good DI.

Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:46 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
gEmssbguy13 wrote:
You know, if I have an extra stock and I'm in a far lead, I like to Toothbrush off stage just because I think the music is catchy.

Too bad that never happens in a real match... :(
If you KO with Uair you can clean the stage between stocks. It's pretty much the best feeling ever. Groovy music and staying nice and tidy, woo!

Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:46 am
BR Member

Heya, fellow Chibis! I've found myself in a bit of a pickle regarding the Meta Knight matchup. In fact, it feels like this guy might just be our little robot's toughest opponent. His floaty nature exacerbates Chibi's issues with killing, while his incredible movement speed and fast, disjointed aerials make the neutral a real nightmare. Do you fellows have any tips on how to approach combat against mr. slash-happy?

Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:32 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
As an MK player who plays Chibi-Robo as a side dish:

MK's best weapons in the neutral game are his excellent disjointed aerials (fair, bair, and nair) and his monster JC grab (or Shoryuken Jump-Cancelled Grab!) that covers huge distance quickly. You have a fairly non-committal projectile, so MK is probably going to approach you. You can bait his aerials, but a good MK will space them so that it's difficult to punish even if you defend well. If they get too happy with camping in the air, get under them: MK's uair is great at controlling the space above him, but his dair is not, so your uair is one of your best weapons. You can also use your disjoints to punish bad spacing by MK or if they get themselves into a pickle. That's all I have to say about it.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:41 pm

Currently Playing: Dark Souls
I'm having problems matching up with people..
I've practiced a whole day with Naruto, then a whole day with Chibi Robo and it's quite clear that I'm either bad with him, or he's just not that good of a character..
I pretty much win 99% of my matches with Naruto, but Chibi.. sadly around 10% :/

A person is very strong when they seek to protect something.

Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:13 am
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
No, you're just bad. (for now)
Don't expect to win loads if you practice for one day only.

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:14 am
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
CSWooly wrote:
No, you're just bad. (for now)
Don't expect to win loads if you practice for one day only.

Very true, For it took me months to get as good with Chibi as I am today. A character like that takes dedication to master.

@Savy: The MK vs Chibi MU is not that bad (60:40).

Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:14 am
BR Member

Having played some more Chibi's recently, I think a case could be made for 55:45 or even 50:50 (pun intended). Fair and bair can punish MK's aerials, as can grab, and uair kills at 80%. I think MK's ace in the hole is that edgeguarding is easy for him and he can also kill early.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:07 pm
BR Member

Honestly, I think Meta Knight beats Chibi 70:30 with Nair alone. The difference in their respective degress of pressure is such that here's really no good reason for Meta Knight to get hit period, nevermind get hit with something that KOs, and Nair decimates Chibi with its brutal angle and power combined with Meta Knight's 50 jumps.

Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:01 pm
BR Member

Fair or bair will punish nair. You can't just run in or you get hit. Just dash-dance until MK comes in, run back to bait an aerial, and then hit them back. Offstage it's brutal, but not awful. Chibi's uair kills earlier than MK's nair does, and it will kill at any point on the stage.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:07 pm
BR Member

Well yes, of course. I'm not trying to say that mindlessly running in with Nair wins automatically. Meta Knight can dash-dance too. Smart Nairplay, especially when combined with the rest of Meta Knight's moveset, is an incredibly powerful tool against Chibi in a variety of aspects. Pressure, combos, approach, KOs, this move has it all. Chibi simply does not possess the necessary pressure tools to keep up, leaving the pace of the match entirely in Meta Knight's hands. Granted, Chibi's Uair may KO early, but that doesn't mean very much in the grand scheme of things because he either has to land it raw or combo into it at an incredibly specific percentage with ideal stage positioning, whereas Meta Knight has easy confirms into extremely good positioning and/or KOs at pretty much any percentage.

As far as off-stage goes, I'm fairly certain that at the highest level Chibi should never be coming back once knocked off, unless he somehow manages to end up in the upper corner. Meta Knight's coverage of Chibi's already lackluster options is simply too good.

Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:44 pm
BR Member

Yes, but nair is punishable.

Here's how I see the MU. MK has a good punish game on Chibi and relies on his initial dash to bait things like grabs. To approach, he has to rely on SH aerials and fakeout SH aerials. Chibi can bait these and punish them, so MK has to be sly and mixup with moves like Dimensional Cape or Shoryuken JC grab. Chibi can use his grab to mixup. Punish-wise, MK wins handily: fair and bair tech-chase into nair which will send Chibi onstage. Chibi has his B&B dthrow combos and a nair which does 26% at low percents, and trying to catch MK above him with uair. Offstage, MK can edgeguard Chibi's toothbrush if he's very precise with nair or his uspecial easily with dair. Chibi can't edgeguard MK.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:27 pm

So after the tier list came out, I realized that I never really played Chibi-Robo and I was interested to find out why he was considered the worst character in the game. After a day or so of practice, I'm really liking his moveset and I think I'll keep working towards improving with him.

Tips for a new Chibi player? Also, any of you guys wanna do some dittos sometime?

Tue May 05, 2015 8:38 am
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
TheBlockisHot34 wrote:
So after the tier list came out, I realized that I never really played Chibi-Robo and I was interested to find out why he was considered the worst character in the game. After a day or so of practice, I'm really liking his moveset and I think I'll keep working towards improving with him.

Tips for a new Chibi player? Also, any of you guys wanna do some dittos sometime?

Chibi's DAir is like Ganon's. An excellent offstage finisher.

U-Tilt, D-Tilt, F-Tilt, F-Air, B-Air and N-Air are all good moves to use. U-Air is a good kill move

Chibi falls fast and has a bad recovery. Be warned when playing offstage.

I'll do dittos some time. I'm not great though

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Tue May 05, 2015 9:13 am
 [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 28  Next