The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 16, 2020 2:24 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 2471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 165  Next
Super Mario Bros. 

UltimateBrawl wrote:
Michael M wrote:
kyuubit wrote:
UltimateBrawl wrote:
kyuubit wrote:
i'm not trolling though

if i was, i'd be saying that TTYD is s#%$&

also, i never mentioned glitches or anything like that, what the f#%$& are you talking about?

a game doesn't have to have glitches to be a mess, it just has to have gameplay that doesn't work

which is exactly what super paper mario has

Gameplay that doesn't work has glitches. :facepalm:

i never f#%$& mentioned glitches at all, you did, shut the f#%$& up already instead of misunderstanding me on purpose, jackass

the whole system of trying to be a platformer with RPG elements doesn't work because it is f#%$& retarded

and that's why it's broken

there

did i make it simple enough for you or do i need to draw you a f#%$& picture book?

But didn't Paper Mario became an RPG with platforming elements in the first place? Super paper Mario is just the vice versa of that.

But still.. I still see your point how it's not that good of a paper Mario game compared to the previous two paper Mario games.

As to your first point, thank you for owning the idiot who uses the F-word too much. And yeah, it isn't the best Paper Mario game in a technical sense, but weirdly enough, I like it more.

oh no, somebody made a completely irrelevant point

i have been "owned"

Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:11 pm

UltimateBrawl wrote:
Thundaga_T2 wrote:
Bad gameplay could be caused by bad design and have nothing to do with glitches at all.

Besides, a game thats good can still have major gamebreaking glitches, just look at FF7.

That's just it. It WASN'T badly designed. I won't say it was amazing, but it wasn't badly designed.

I wasnt saying anything had bad design, im just saying that a game could be seen as bad because of its design. Obviously Kuubit doesnt agree with Super Paper Mario's design (or more factors). He's entitled to his opinion and i doubt anything you say to defend the game will change his mind.

As a Paper Mario title, it is indeed crap. As a Mario game on the other hand, its halfway decent, i would say.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:16 pm

Currently Playing: None, grounded.
Thundaga_T2 wrote:
UltimateBrawl wrote:
Thundaga_T2 wrote:
Bad gameplay could be caused by bad design and have nothing to do with glitches at all.

Besides, a game thats good can still have major gamebreaking glitches, just look at FF7.

That's just it. It WASN'T badly designed. I won't say it was amazing, but it wasn't badly designed.

I wasnt saying anything had bad design, im just saying that a game could be seen as bad because of its design. Obviously Kuubit doesnt agree with Super Paper Mario's design (or more factors). He's entitled to his opinion and i doubt anything you say to defend the game will change his mind.

As a Paper Mario title, it is indeed crap. As a Mario game on the other hand, its halfway decent, i would say.

Well, worst game in the series. My problem is he doesn't provide any evidence to back up his claims and just makes pointless statements. EXPLAIN WHAT YOU MEAN COMPLETELY, OR I WILL DISREGARD YOU SIMILARLY.

Do these three things, and you will not be fed to the sharks.

Boom.

PSN Name: UltimateBrawl
Games I own: LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Portal 2(completed the Co-Op campaign, but I'm willing to help you beat it!)
Add me if you want!

Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:02 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Calm down, O Squire of Judgment.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:45 pm

Sorry. Favorite game+kyuubit= I rage. I think I fed the trolls...

Boom.

Games I own: LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Portal 2(completed the Co-Op campaign, but I'm willing to help you beat it!)
Add me if you want!

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:49 am

UltimateBrawl wrote:
Well, worst game in the series. My problem is he doesn't provide any evidence to back up his claims and just makes pointless statements. EXPLAIN WHAT YOU MEAN COMPLETELY, OR I WILL DISREGARD YOU SIMILARLY.

Wow..
First off, it's Kyuubit opinion and he's entitled to it (As thundaga said) so if you have a problem with it, why don't you avoid it instead of punching out wave after wave of pointless argument over someone's opinion?

Second, I didn't try to own him. He only said that a platform game with RPG elements is dumb. I only said that the original paper Mario games were vice versa of that. That doesn't mean you should be jumping happy with the constant feeling of victory because that was not for you.

Super Paper Mario tried to be something it wasn't supposed to. It tried to make a gimmicky Mario clone out of the franchise, which wasn't really a good thing because Paper Mario's battle system and other great parts of the game is what made the RPG series lovable to many.

And regarding the gimmick: I haven't played Super Paper Mario as much but I'm sure the whole 2D/3D gimmick that caught your attention in the first place will get constanly annoying throughout the entire game. Had the game stayed on the 3D camera fully, it wouldn't make the game feel like a chore constantly flipping back and forth.

Also, considering the platform with RPG: I can see Kyuubit's point on this. Usually for a platformer, its due to level design, challenge, and enemy layout. In Super Paper Mario, there could be more than one enemy that could take multiple damage (not as in challenging but as in usual RPG-based enemies). This could probably mean that boss battles could get repetitive as hell.. Also, who the hell grinds for the best weapon/item in a platformer? isn't a platformer based on your wits more than your strength?

Again, those are my opinions and you may think differently on it but as Ramsey said: had it been a different IP, it could've changed my mind on it. But since it's Paper Mario, it's nothing more than a gimmicky Mario platformer combined with RPG elements to make the game look deeper than what it really is behind it all.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:59 pm

lol OWNED

Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:08 pm

Not to mention that the 2D/3D switching gimmick feels forced, as you pretty much have to play as Mario for the entire game since he's the only character that can do it. Effectively making the other 3 characters almost useless since their abilities arent needed nearly as much as the 3D flipping ability.

I still like the game, but i'll say bad things about it. There are some pretty bad things to this game. If you can look past it, thats where the fun is.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:57 pm

You don't GET new weapons throughout the game. Abilities? Yes. Characters? Yes. But the only "weapon" you get is the Pixl Cudge, who lets you use a hammer. Michael, I agree with some things, but the 3D/2D thing was NOT an afterthought or forced aspect of the game. Ugh, I give up.

Boom.

Add me if you want!

Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:30 pm

UltimateBrawl wrote:
You don't GET new weapons throughout the game. Abilities? Yes. Characters? Yes. But the only "weapon" you get is the Pixl Cudge, who lets you use a hammer. Michael, I agree with some things, but the 3D/2D thing was NOT an afterthought or forced aspect of the game. Ugh, I give up.

You forgot Boomer turns into a bomb. Thats a weapon.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:43 pm

Waifu: I'm married
Ramsey wrote:
Every single RPG on the planet has one of those.

literally every one except skyrim

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:22 am
YIM WWW

Kittenpuncher wrote:
Ramsey wrote:
Every single RPG on the planet has one of those.

literally every one except skyrim

you can whack the guy in the tutorial a lot to raise your weapon skills since he doesn't die

Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:44 am

Waifu: I'm married
and then get killed in one hit by a tiger
it doesn't count if it takes fifty hours anyway

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:38 am
YIM WWW

MGN Username: Byllant
Currently Playing: A lot of Nintendo games as if there's no end.
I wondered why you discussed Paper Mario here on a Super Mario (platformers) dedicated topic.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:22 pm

Byllant wrote:
I wondered why you discussed Paper Mario here on a Super Mario (platformers) dedicated topic.

UltimateBrawl wrote:
Am I the only one here who likes Super paper Mario? That game was awesome. Not only did it have a good plot, it had a surprisingly dark tone, creepy yet hilarious characters, and don't get me STARTED on the music(It's Showtime for example; holy crud). Anyone else have similar opinions?

because this idiot did

Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:26 pm
 [ 2471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 165  Next