The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:42 pm

[ 565 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 38  Next
Fox 
BR Member

Shine spiking is fine i think. I just feel like its kinda harder atm because of lag.

Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:30 pm

MGN Username: qqwxiron,IronH
I've been practicing with Fox for this last week, I have developed a kind of weird style to play him that has been effectively by the most part, anyways I noticed I play all of my MUs with him the same way, and I now think that you actually have to change your style when you're against another Fox. So my question is:
What do you want to do in a Fox ditto MU, am I just suppossed to be fishing for Up-throw to Back-air the whole match?

♪ But first let me play another #friendly!

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:04 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
IronH wrote:
I've been practicing with Fox for this last week, I have developed a kind of weird style to play him that has been effectively by the most part, anyways I noticed I play all of my MUs with him the same way, and I now think that you actually have to change your style when you're against another Fox. So my question is:
What do you want to do in a Fox ditto MU, am I just suppossed to be fishing for Up-throw to Back-air the whole match?

For me when fighting another Fox. I would first go for the up throw chain grab he has on himself and before the last throw before the opponent can escape I will try to land an up smash or up air.

If I'm being to greedy for the grab than instead I will find some way to approach. It's always best to know how your Fox opponent plays and if his tech skill is better than yours.

Since Fox is light than that's how I always deal with him in any MU, I try to KO him horizontally. However, I love his Star KO voice so if I'm up a stock, two or all than I will go for a vertical kill instead.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:40 am

Currently Playing: Melee, PM, SSF2
Doing so well with Fox. I still stand by him being top or high tier. His neutral and kill power are great.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:32 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
The Fox ditto:

You have insane combo potential: uthrow, utilt, and uair can all be chained, nair combos into stuff, dair combos into stuff, basically everything works. Shinespikes also wreck Fox offstage, so basically any hit can lead to death. Know what stuff you can Shine and what you can't: trying to Shine out of dair -> Shine will just make you miss SDI, which might help avoid followups.

More on combos: a very unorthodox combo starter at low percents is dtilt, which can combo into Shine. It is one of the few combos that is entirely on the ground. Out of Shine, grab or utilt are your two best options, and usmash can kill if you get the right part of the Reflector. Getting your opponent offstage works well, so instead of trying to do chaingrabs to 50%, you are much better off bairing at some reasonable time and edgeguarding after that.

A sample ditto combo might be dtilt -> shine -> grab -> uthrow -> utilt x3 -> uair -> bair at 0%, which sets up for kills and does tons of damage. You obviously have to vary combos based on DI and stage, but in general the gist is uthrow them, hit them a couple times, and then bair them away.

In the neutral, nair and dair are the staple approaches, and lasers can be used to pressure. If you're feeling good about tech skill, you can do things like nair -> double Shine, which pressures Fox and makes it difficult for him to escape. Beware that your opponent as a fabulous OoS option in Shine, however, so either outspace or don't give your opponent the necessary frames to hit you in.

That's all I have to say about it.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:26 pm

MGN Username: qqwxiron,IronH
ZERO_OR wrote:
For me when fighting another Fox. I would first go for the up throw chain grab he has on himself and before the last throw before the opponent can escape I will try to land an up smash or up air.

If I'm being to greedy for the grab than instead I will find some way to approach. It's always best to know how your Fox opponent plays and if his tech skill is better than yours.

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
The Fox ditto:

You have insane combo potential: uthrow, utilt, and uair can all be chained, nair combos into stuff, dair combos into stuff, basically everything works. Shinespikes also wreck Fox offstage, so basically any hit can lead to death. Know what stuff you can Shine and what you can't: trying to Shine out of dair -> Shine will just make you miss SDI, which might help avoid followups.

More on combos: a very unorthodox combo starter at low percents is dtilt, which can combo into Shine. It is one of the few combos that is entirely on the ground. Out of Shine, grab or utilt are your two best options, and usmash can kill if you get the right part of the Reflector. Getting your opponent offstage works well, so instead of trying to do chaingrabs to 50%, you are much better off bairing at some reasonable time and edgeguarding after that.

A sample ditto combo might be dtilt -> shine -> grab -> uthrow -> utilt x3 -> uair -> bair at 0%, which sets up for kills and does tons of damage. You obviously have to vary combos based on DI and stage, but in general the gist is uthrow them, hit them a couple times, and then bair them away.

In the neutral, nair and dair are the staple approaches, and lasers can be used to pressure. If you're feeling good about tech skill, you can do things like nair -> double Shine, which pressures Fox and makes it difficult for him to escape. Beware that your opponent as a fabulous OoS option in Shine, however, so either outspace or don't give your opponent the necessary frames to hit you in.

That's all I have to say about it.

This is very helpful, Thank you! :nod:

♪ But first let me play another #friendly!

Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:11 pm

MGN Username: sparty88
Uair kills a lot in the ditto as well.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:09 pm

sparty88 wrote:

It probably be used better in comboing.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:13 pm

ZERO_OR wrote:
sparty88 wrote:

What does that even mean? :xd: If it kills, how is anything else better? The point is uair offers a kill option in situations where no other move can even hit.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:08 pm

sparty88 wrote:
ZERO_OR wrote:
sparty88 wrote:

What does that even mean? :xd: If it kills, how is anything else better? The point is uair offers a kill option in situations where no other move can even hit.

Well lets see Fox is a fast faller and has the highest accelerated falling speed in the game. So killing him with up air even when fresh will be difficult until higher percentages. That's what I meant. Due to his falling speed I would say keep getting in strings of up airs to rack up damage.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:24 pm

Well that I agree with. I was initially just making a point that uair kills just as often as bair in a Fox ditto and if you're savvy, it kills earlier.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:31 pm

MGN Username: Lunary
Currently Playing: Super Smash Bros. Melee , League Of Legends , Drinking
Is it possible to DI the uthrow? Because I can't dodge the upcoming Uair...

Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:21 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Lunary wrote:
Is it possible to DI the uthrow? Because I can't dodge the upcoming Uair...

Up throw CANNOT be DI'd. Upthrow -> uair straightup doesn't work on some characters in this version. Last demo it was completely free, but I wish they made it work on more characters but allowed it to be DI'd to assist in escaping.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:22 pm

Currently Playing: Melee, PM, SSF2
The only thing that really bothers me about Fox in this game is his recovery and certain moves not working right. Fsmash goes nowhere unlike the actual games where it has decent strength and good range. Side B doesn't go as far and sinks before the animation finishes, and Up b is Falco distance plus you can't aim it in as many directions. Other than that I feel he's fine. Definitely a top 10 character.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:17 am
BR Member

Complaining that Fox is too weak.

That is a new one

Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:20 am
 [ 565 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 38  Next