The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 7:55 pm

[ 10 posts ] 
Making _____ Overpowered Episode 2. (Sandbag) 

Who do you want me to do next?
Black Mage 27%  27%  [ 4 ]
Chibi-Robo 40%  40%  [ 6 ]
Naruto Climbers... I MEAN Naruto! 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
Pac-Man 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Jigglypuff 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 15

Making _____ Overpowered Episode 2. (Sandbag) 

Attachment:
Making Sandbag OP.jpg
Making Sandbag OP.jpg [ 127.82 KiB | Viewed 2252 times ]

Alright, since everyone is interested in this series, I will of course make this into a complete series. This episode we will be covering Sandbag. A lot of people wanted Chibi Robo and Black Mage but I planned for Sandbag to be in Episode 2 before making Episode 1. My reason is because... well it's Sandbag.

Current Placements: Sandbag Often Ranks in Low-Bottom Tier. While he has amazing strengths such as the fact that he possesses one of the best Combo game in beta with him being to 0 to death opponents with ease. He has some of the best normals in the game, jank as hell hitboxes, a beyond amazing grab game, and the best kill options in the game do really help Sandbag out. But he has devastating flaws. The fact that he can't grab ledges makes Sandbag really easy to edge guard in general, he has a lot of issues in neutral which prevents Sandbag from using his great options which will end up making Sandbag going offstage, and given how gimpable his recovery is... yea. Not to mention that Sandbag gets comboed like the Punching Bag he is. Overall his weaknesses outweigh his amazing strengths because he lacks access actually using those options. And he is therefore an inconsistent Glass Cannon which overall will hurt his tournament placings only making him usually end up as a niche counterpick for fun. However there are people who are more optimistic about Sandbag who place him in Mid tier and sometimes higher due to SandBag's strengths just being so good that he can overwhelm his opponents and the fact that Sandbag can easily make a comeback in general. So Sandbag's placement has still been debated among the SSF2 Community.

However, Sandbag will always be the Best Waifu. Sandbag is Thicc and very Sexy. Never Insult my Waifu.

Alright, now that we got that out of the way, I will now make Sandbag "Overpowered". Also Special Thanks to Skylar for helping me out. I may have him help me out in the future as well for different characters. Also one more thing, I will create a poll for who should I do next. The Candidates for next episode are Chibi-Robo (Highly Requested), Black Mage (Highly Requested), Naruto (I have some cool ideas for him), Pac-Man (Also some cool ideas for hijm). and Jigglypuff (Also some fun ideas). Anyways, here is "Overpowered Sandbag".

Attributes: Alright lets start with the obvious, lets make Sandbag actually Grab Ledges, the logic will pretty much be the same reason on how he can grab opponents so... Sandbag is confirmed to be psychic. Sandbag will also hop much further for any different variations of his hopping-dash thingy. And I will speed up his hop speed for all variations. Sandbag's Base Dash Speed without any Dashing Techniques will turn from the 2nd worst all the way to being as fast as Mario which will make techniques like soaping move Sandbag even more quick;. Sandbag will have increased air speed and air acceleration and air decelleration making his Shorthops more easy to mix up, and it will improve his already great air game even better. I will keep his weight/fallspeed/hurtbox since it's a part of Sandbag's character to be a Punching Bag in the first place, but it'll be much harder for opponents to abuse the fact that Sandbag is easy to combo when Sandbag will give the opponent less options to abuse it.

Tilts/Jab/Dash Attack:

Jab: Jab can be used 3 times which will work exactly the same as his normal Jab, it'll just allow for more options overall. Jab in general will have less Endlag, but nothing else will be changed since the move is great enough. And the 3 Jabs can connect as well so theres that.

Side-Tilt: Side-Tilt's animation will be sped up, and the endlag will be less making it a quick Get-Off me move. Side-Tilt will also deal 15% instead of 13% making the move more rewarding.

Down-Tilt: The Move will have a much bigger hitbox overall. And the Move will have less Knockback Growth making it a great combo setup for Higher Percents.

Up-Tilt: Up-Tilt's Animation will be sped up and will of course have less Endlag. Also the Hitbox will be bigger overall, also Sandbag's whole entire Body will be the hitbox as well.

Dash Attack: Dash Attack now has Super-Armor, and the move deals massive shield damage (Breaks shields with 80% of its HP).

Smash Attacks:

Forward-Smash: There is much less Endlag where the moment when Sandbag throws his body forward, he can jump cancel out of it. The Move will have more Knockbcak Growth Making it a more potent kill move.

Up-Smash: When Sandbag is in the air for this move, he can cancel the move into any aerial or even jump cancel out of it. The move will have a bigger hitbox, will come out earlier, and will have more Knockback Growth making it a more Potent Kill Move.

Down-Smash: The Move will now Ground the Opponent for 96 Frames when they get hit under Sandbag.The Move will Spike Airborne Opponents as well.

Aerials:

Neutral-Air: The Move is Fine how it is lol. Actually lets make the hitbox come out on Frame 1 if it doesn't already ;).

F-Air: The Move's Frame Data will be the exact Same as B-Air. The move will also have more Base Knockback.

B-Air: Nothing will change.

D-Air: Move comes out quicker overall, the move now Spikes if it doesn't already.

Grab:

Grab Range: Sandbag's Grab and Dash-Grab will be the same as Melee Marth's Grab Range (He has a grabbox on the back of him).

Literally Nothing Else Changed about his Grab Game, it's pretty much set.

Specials:

Neutral-B: Capsule will Spawn on Frame 1, however Sandbag will have to continue the animation for Neutral-B. HOWEVER, he can Dash Cancel Out of the Neutral-B Animation. Also the Capsule Explodes and it hits opponents even if they shield. The move kills at 120% just to prevent the move from being TOO overpowered. But the Explosion deals around 16% damage.

Side-B: Sandbag can cancel Side-B into any of his Aerials or jump cancel out of it mid-way. Side-B has much less Endlag making it better for Recovering.

Up-B: Sandbag will always be treated like he was in 70% for the Bo-Bomb, and he cannot get killed from Bo-Bomb. Sand-Bag can also cancel out of the move using the shield button which can have the Bo-Bomb just drop on the ground and it'll explode on its own. As a trade-off, the Bo-Bomb now killis opponents at 70% instead of 50% to make abusing Up-B less deadly.

Down-B: Sandbag has Invincibility during Down-B. And theres a bigger window for where to direct Sandbag at. Also the move has an active hitbox throughout Sandbag as well making connecting aerials with Down-B much more efficient. You can now aim Down-B in 8 Different Directions and the directions will be the same as Fox/Falco's Up-B. Down-B has less Endlag too.

Now Overpowered Sandbag is complete. His previous pros are now better than before. Sandbag has even better movement options which correlates to a better neutral overall. Sandbag's Recovery turned from extremely Gimpable to Amazing overall, Sandbag has a bit better frame data, a more useful projectile, more approach options, and many ways to exploit Sandbag's amazing Aerial Game.

Anyways, I'd like for you guys to comment down what you think. And don't forget to vote in the Polls for who you want. Also I'd like some more suggestions on how to improve and for other characters I should put in the poll for the next episode.

-Playridise

Last edited by playridise on Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:39 am

MGN Username: moGi
Currently Playing: MGR:R, GE3, etc MHXX
Waifu: Lancer Arthuria P.
YOU PROMISED YOU WILL MAKE CHIBI ROBO
YOU PROMISED ME
YOU SON OF A b****
BLUE BALLING MOTHER f***
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

another nice job though MagicScr- I mean playridise.

black keys will be removed in the future anyways

*sniff*

Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:50 am

Gudako's Insanity wrote:
YOU PROMISED ME
YOU SON OF A b****
BLUE BALLING MOTHER f***
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

What if I told u. That I am actually MagicScrumpy.

Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:58 am

MGN Username: moGi
Currently Playing: MGR:R, GE3, etc MHXX
Waifu: Lancer Arthuria P.
playridise wrote:
Gudako's Insanity wrote:
YOU PROMISED ME
YOU SON OF A b****
BLUE BALLING MOTHER f***

What if I told u. That I am actually MagicScrumpy.

oh,
well,
s***.

black keys will be removed in the future anyways

*sniff*

Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:01 am

MGN Username: RavinRaven
Currently Playing: SSF2, The Game of Love
Waifu: Luna (Gwain Saga)
I want to see REDE on these forums.
JUST KIDDING NO I DONT HE WOULD MAKE ABSOLUTE HELL OF THIS PLACE OMG WHY DO I SAY THINGS

Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:20 am

Ravin_Raven wrote:
I want to see REDE on these forums.
JUST KIDDING NO I DONT HE WOULD MAKE ABSOLUTE HELL OF THIS PLACE OMG WHY DO I SAY THINGS

Y u post this here? O wait it's because this thread is an example of how terrible this community is already. Now I get it.

Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:25 pm

MGN Username: riku434
Currently Playing: Project M
Waifu: Joseph Joestar
Silly playridise, Sandbag is already overpowered :pikachu:

Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:28 pm

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
Make Sandbag's throws immune to DI
Because Sandbag's FThrow goes from "Broken" to "s***" if you realize holding the Up key does something and it won't kill until like 130% and that just won't do
Needs to kill at 20% every time

Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:52 am

MGN Username: Sonario
Currently Playing: games probably
Waifu: Speedwagon
Better yet, It could knock the opponent downwards and spike through vertically thin stages like Luffy.

Flash Card: show

My thanks to Utah P. Teasdale (Harr) for the amazing Flash Card.

Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:03 am

Sonario wrote:
Better yet, It could knock the opponent downwards and spike through vertically thin stages like Luffy.

*Evil Laughter*

Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:02 pm
 [ 10 posts ]