The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:29 pm

[ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next
Peach 

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
I had trouble comprehending this, but that's autism for you I guess. If you were suggesting throwing the turnip before completing a full hop. My problem would be catching the turnip if I cast fair too close to it. If you are suggesting I'm trying to shorthop with turnip, My controller won't allow shorthop attacks on average (typically my attack buttons won't respond if I attempt to shorthop). If you are suggesting throwing the turnip at the peak of my jump, I get the same problem as the 1st option. The problem isn't rly catching the turnip when you are too close though, that's just the way this games item pickup seems to work, the real problem is catching the turnip immediately after throwing it. Of course, this would mean I'm button mashing my attacks, but since this game occasionally doesn't accept button input because of lag, hardware, or in my case, my controller, I'm just trying to look for a solution that doesn't seem difficult to do. I figured the turnips moving faster (not flying farther, that's up to you) would be the easiest solution to that.

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:56 am

MGN Username: TAC3
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Steam Games
Phoenix Wright wrote:
TacThree wrote:
huh...
why not throw the turnip right when you full-jump, an then come down with the f-air
turnip covers low to the ground options and the jump and f-air cover high defensive/retaliation options
more options covered than throwing a turnip when the peak of your jump is met.

if you just throw it as your descending you're not covering any options but the ones right in front of you
what if the opponent jumps?
what if the opponent moves farther away?
won't be able to cover these options with a short-hopped turnip throw with a delayed f-air (which is the only way to turnip > f-air out of a short hop, and also one of the only ways to do it using the method I think y'all are trying to use).

Lol I just did this, and hit the turnip, sending them a little behind me. I got the reverse hit of the fair, and hit him into the turnip, thus saving him >:(

you can easily just hold back a little so the turnip hits an so you can hit with the normal f-air attack-box. the little hol back before the f-air can give you time to assess the situation and possibly do a different option instead of f-air.
or you can throw the turnip with the grab key (probably know this but the grab and regular attack key make the turnip get thrown at different spots on Peach).

RemPrower wrote:
I had trouble comprehending this, but that's autism for you I guess. If you were suggesting throwing the turnip before completing a full hop. My problem would be catching the turnip if I cast fair too close to it. If you are suggesting I'm trying to shorthop with turnip, My controller won't allow shorthop attacks on average (typically my attack buttons won't respond if I attempt to shorthop). If you are suggesting throwing the turnip at the peak of my jump, I get the same problem as the 1st option. The problem isn't rly catching the turnip when you are too close though, that's just the way this games item pickup seems to work, the real problem is catching the turnip immediately after throwing it. Of course, this would mean I'm button mashing my attacks, but since this game occasionally doesn't accept button input because of lag, hardware, or in my case, my controller, I'm just trying to look for a solution that doesn't seem difficult to do. I figured the turnips moving faster (not flying farther, that's up to you) would be the easiest solution to that.

not telling you to short-hop with it (you'll catch the turnip more often if you short-hop and throw)
not telling you to throw at the peak of your jump either.
throw the turnip right when you jump (1st frame after the jump-squat frames. if you throw during jump squat frames, the throw cancels the jump).

and yes, you're trying to do too many things at once. Slow down your button inputs and you can do it.
I'm also aware of the problem. most characters can grab items and re-grab them in quick succession when the player doesn't want them to actually re-grab the item, but to do an attack instead. The problem with turnips is that they already move faster than they do in official smash games (or at least to in my recent testing experiences they do). making them move faster in the air might make them even better than they already are (or just make them feel really weird). I think fixing this might have to do with changing the time you are allowed to re-grab thrown items, or to make it so that item can't be re-grabbed after a certain time interval (which might be bad because then they'll be really good up close knowing the other person can't possibly catch the turnip thrown at them), OR give characters end-lag after throwing turnips and items in general.
EDIT: and giving end-lag to item throws or turnips will just make it harder for you to do f-air right when you throw one. in fact, it'll produce the same result you'd get if you delayed the f-air so you won't A) catch the turnip, and B) commit to an option before looking at the situation again (since the situation definitely changes once the turnip is thrown. the opponent is going to react to a thrown item, so you should react to their reaction)

Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:03 pm

MGN Username: Ninjawarrior93
Currently Playing: SSF2
just saw the new sprite of Peach and I think I'm filled with mixed emotions right now.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:28 am
BR Member

ITS BEAUTIFUL

Cute little tiny head :3

Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:56 am

I know the developers were prolly heavily enamored by their work on this one.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:01 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
RemPrower wrote:
I know the developers were prolly heavily enamored by their work on this one.

It made me love my main to the nth degree.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:57 pm

Me being very aesthetically distracted, may be able to main peach again with this.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:00 pm
BR Member

RemPrower wrote:
Me being very aesthetically distracted, may be able to main peach again with this.

Nice. Wonder how much balancing they did to her. I wouldn't mind if they decreased D-tilt's range, so long as her float speed is the same.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:02 pm

The thing that was appealing to me was when Void said "proper reach". That was a major turn on for me. Even if that's just image wise, that's a huge help.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:06 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
After watching the direct idk what was better.

Seeing the new sprites
Or
Seeing the new rework of her moveset.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:52 pm
YIM
BR Member

Shine! wrote:
After watching the direct idk what was better.

Seeing the new sprites
Or
Seeing the new rework of her moveset.

Well, we don't quite know the full extent of her changes, I didn't see any tilts and no B-air. But the changes they made her seem more melee like and more smooth, so I approve.

And, of course.......her sprite is amazing.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:03 pm
BR Member

My problem with Peach's dtilt isnt so much the range as it is the meteor on grounded people (and hoenstly the strength of the meteor too)

Stuff like that and Link Dtilt i think dont need to be meteoring you if you arent in the air

Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:15 pm

MGN Username: ohgosick
Currently Playing: Anything not called 'Undertale'.
Waifu: ur mum lmao
gonna copy&paste what I put in the combos n stuff thread, jus some simple stuff that newer peaches might want to take note of:

The 'Gosick stop playing so f#%$& lame with the same 50% BnB's you gay a******':
Dtilt > nair > dtilt > (rest depends on di & char, either; turnip pull > throw > start over / fair / raw repeats of dtilt and nair (lol, this is only viable vs badkids) / dash attack > nair/bair. There are a f#%$& more but: 1. I'm about to sleep rn, and; 2. I dn wanna give away all my trees, ppl will kno what my options are and what to do if I put them all up ;-;. So that's your taster for the now.)

or you have the: 'day 1 online, wtf is teching, wtf is di', also known as 'the $$ combo':
Dtilt > Dtilt > Dtilt > Dtilt > Dtilt > Dtilt > Dtilt > Dtilt > Dtilt

Dn even get me started on turnip combos...

Also on-ledge float cancelling is possibly one of the best ledge options in the game, as you can snap straight to a float either above or below the stage.

EDIT: didn't realise setups n baits were allowed, o boi, I got these comin out my booty... but my favourite setup move for peach is jab, it's f#%$& krey.

jab > grab
jab > sh nair
jab > parasol (this is combo vid material, hard to actually find a real purpose for this.)
etc.

Some notes not from the combos thread:

I highly recommend any newer peach to practice optimising combos off of dtilts, nairs/bairs, grabs and turnips (if you're into that s*** like me, turnips aren't how every peach needs to play.)

Float-cancelling (floating on the ground, I'd like to say popularised by fren sorabotics. (come to the irc more, I may dis your play, but you're really chill.)) is not vital to peach play, it is a great technique, opens up a few options and increases your speed, but it is not needed, now this may seem like bias, as I rarely do it myself, usually only for travelling fast & playing under platforms, but that's mainly down to my playstyle. The reason I say it's not needed is due to the fact that peach can be played very passively, and not require as much movement as other characters, making whizzing around w/ your magical dress, fishing to start up a nairoplane a contradictory option. On the other side of things, more aggressive peaches can opt to not use it and instead use regular jumps, midair floats & drops (much riskier than float-cancelling imo.) and turnip-based zoning approaches (again, bias.) all work incredibly well and can still cover a crazy amount of space.

TLDR - Float cancelling is gud m8, but not definitive, use it if you want to, don't if you don't.

It's 1:30 am now, I'm really tired, this might all be utter s***, w/e, I'll see in the morning...

The Americans came in and burned my village with their flaming uppercuts,
killing our water buffalo and leaving this scar on my chest...

Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:24 pm
BR Member

My Peach Tutorial is finally here!!! If you would like to skip to certain sections of the video, please check the description, there are timestamps for every section so that you can skip to the one you are most interested about (I know that most don't want to sit through a full hour of me talking lol). Enjoy!
YouTube Video:

Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:30 pm

MGN Username: Ninjawarrior93
Currently Playing: SSF2
tW|Sorabotics wrote:

Watched it already, was pretty well done!

Gosick wrote:

True that float cancellation isn't always needed.

Just a note to everyone who plays Peach:
Consider throwing a turnip up which can be used as a bait while you lure your opponent with float cancellation/shield/etc and when the turnip hits it can actually be used as a combo starter.

Don't consider using it on a stage with too many platforms though.

Edit: How do chain grabs work with Peach?

Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:35 am
 [ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next