The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 16, 2020 12:42 am

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 

Currently Playing: Dota 2
OOC: Sorry, GTA V happened

Li watched Tsubaki show him what she knew. Quietly learning, he simply nodded along as she spoke. What caught Li's attention was the concept that multiple ofuda worked together increase it's ability to exorcise greater spirits. This gave him an idea that he thought would be fun to experiment with. He waited until she was finished speaking before speaking himself.

"Very interesting. See, since I'm a disciple of Artes Fluunt, my knowledge of exorcism comes from the manipulation of the flow," he said. "I can imbue my hands with this energy and use them as weapons of sorts against spirits. This energy, in turn, can be transferred to objects that I touch." Hoping his brief explanation would suffice, he moved on to his idea. "Now I have an idea, if I would use the flow on the ofuda, do you think it would help the exorcism?" he asked Tsubaki. Today would be a day to experiment.

To Dom's best interests, Maximilian approached him. In the most deadpanned voice, his partner spoke. Clearly hearing he was as uninterested as himself, Dom tried to focus for a bit to get this work done with.

"I guess so," he replied, in an almost as unenthusiastic tone. "So...where do you want to start?"

Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:18 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
Lotus didn't really like the sound of meditation, but she folded her legs and began to clear her mind. She was unsuccessful in clearing her head. She allowed her mind to wander. She began to think about the various members of the club. She compared each of their skills to her own, until she thought about the kids she didn't know. She thought on it for a second before moving to a different subject. Her mind flourished with mixed thoughts. She finally stopped to calm herself. She listened to Dot splashing in the fountain. Before she knew it she had fallen asleep sitting up with her legs folded.

Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:07 pm

Derrek went to the ground easily enough, his hunched stance gave way immediately as was to be expected. Derrek wasn't too surprised he was caught so easily, in fact he was expecting just that. However he hadn't really set up a trap or anything to take advantage of that fact. In hindsight blind panic was not the best plan, some may argue it's not a plan at all, but Derrek, Derrek was going to turn the tables rather quick. Shaking the glove he kept off of his wrist and into his hand he tossed it with all his strength at Alice's face, but it barely moved at all, as Derrek's arms were pinned.

"Huh, you lucked out this time."

-----

"Well..." Tsubaki started, but she had to pause and think.

She didn't actually know much about the ofuda beyond what she had just said, and her knowledge of the Fluut and the Flow was even less. It was awkward for her to be the teacher in this pairing since Li was established as one of the student leaders, and had the air of confidence to go with the title. Still he was listening to and treating the girl as a peer, and as much as that bolstered her confidence, the pressure it put on her effectively canceled it out.

Looking around at the other nearby groups, she continued, "...I'm not sure, to be honest. If you can channel the Flow in the same way as your Spirit, I don't see why it wouldn't help with ofuda, or another exorcising agent."

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:57 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
Lloyd should have listened to that little voice inside his head that told him it was a bad idea to try that. Lloyd was patient thus far, obviously, and tried to work with her, but she didn't reciprocate and it would be impossible to try a partnered activity since Lotus had a lack of effort that Lloyd couldn't seem to break down. Honestly it felt like one of those school projects where one person ends up doing all the work while the one slacks off. Plus he was running out of ideas. He didn't want to force her, but if she didn't want to try why should he? Maybe he should ditch her...
Calling Grayson down, Lloyd hopped on his back as he shot in the air, taking one last look at Sleeping Lotus before heading off to the Palace of Seers. It wasn't a very mature act, but he could live with it. 

Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:36 pm

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
After a decent night of sleep, Damian was more or less prepared to face any kind of training or objective. To his dismay, they would merely be let loose in Apollon to do as they please. He could not deny the beauty and mystery surrounding this place but he really wasn't sure what exactly he could do around here. With luck, his partners would think of something. He was rather cheery to be paired up with Evelyn and Johnny, but upon taking a few steps toward them, he noticed that Johnny did not seem happy at all with Evelyn. He had no idea of whether or not they got along with each other but he may find out soon. Damian finally closed the distance between Johnny, Evelyn, and him. Upon standing by them, he only gave a half-hearted wave.

Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:34 pm

Waifu: I'm married
"You're weak!" Said Alice with a giggle as she held Derrek pinned like a professional fighter. "And on a more serious note, you broke rule #1 of the SDU: Always do what I tell you!" She put a finger on her bottom lip while she held his arm with her right hand and kept him pinned with her legs. With a snap of her finger, Phora appeared floating a few feet in the air.

"'Sup!" The fairy said.

"Fetch me a sword, Phora," Alice replied. She looked back down at Derrek. "So, Derrek, would you like to train, or would you like to be punished for insubordination?"

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:40 am
YIM WWW

Lloyd soon arrived at the Palace, but didn't land, he couldn't bring himself to it. The guilt was enormous. Riding Grayson gave him yet another idea. Sir William didn't specify if it was mandatory to train or not, just pair up. But being that high in the air seemed to have it's perks. What kind of person was he to leave Lotus like that? Returning, he found she was still sleep. Good, no one saw that. 

With Grayson hovering just a few inches above the ground he spoke in a loud commanding, yet not strict tone. "Lotus. Wake up, I order you to get on Grayson's back." 

Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:08 pm

Phora flew about until she found the blanket with the enchanted weapons on it. With a smirk she admired the treasures and used magic to make a variety of them disappear, including a grim-looking doll with some needles. Finally remembering Alice's orders, she tried to lift a beautiful short sword with a gem in the middle, but instead opted to drag it behind her while she walked. As she wandered back over near to where Alice and Derrek were, she saw Grayson fly over her head and flung the shortsword away carelessly. Chasing Grayson until they stopped near Lotus, she called out to Lloyd. "Lord Griffon man! It's time for me to ride!"

Daniel, tired of waiting on Logan, decided to explore Appollon on his own. Heading off the main road into the city, he began to wander over the hills until he found a curious shortsword stuck into the ground as if someone had tossed it with expert precision. The boy yanked it out of the ground and did a practice swing. The blade turned into pure energy and became weightless, so he accidentally swung it straight into the ground. It cut through the dirt and grass like a hot knife through butter. Daniel stood in awe of what just happened and tried again, each time nearly falling over when it became weightless, until he got the hang of its use. This was much better than getting shot at by some Scott.

Evelyn gave the two boys a sharp wave. "None of us are in the mood for chit-chat, I see." She said as she opened the door to Appollon. "Follow me and we'll begin."

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:43 pm
YIM WWW

Lotus had been asleep when Lloyd left. As she sleep dot woke her with a gentle voice, "Hey kiddo you were ditched." Lotus awoke she was furious, but lacking the energy to do anything, she sat there. She decided to calm herself down by mediating. She had just cleared her mind when Lloyd arrived. Her eyes snapped open when he spoke to her. Command Lotus?!? ORDER LOTUS!?! Lotus stared at him debating on whether or not she had enough energy to kill him. Then it hit the ear splitting voice of that sadistic pixie. Lotus finally did it she unleashed a loud roar. It was unlike her other roars. Then roar was full of fury rather than the usual threatening one. Lotus coughed afterwards, perhaps roaring wasn't the best idea. She stared at them. Lotus got up and slowly moved towards Lloyd, Dot followed closely behind. When they reaches the griffin and boy, Lotus leaned in and spoke a whisper to emphasize her point. "Do not order me. I am not your servant. Just ask." she leaned back looking at the pixie. "As for you, If I wasn't feeling so awful, I'd catch you and grind you up so finely not even a mouse could find a crumble of your cold lifeless remains." She straightened up. "Now that that's done, Lloyd what is the best way to get up onto Grayson's back without hurting him?"

Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:48 pm

OOC: wow why so srs
OOC2: Yes I'm stealing from Adi, sue me. 

"Aw, was that a growl I heard, or were you meowing?" Lloyd taunted. It seemed the only way to get Lotus to cooperate was to make her mad, so he continued. "In any case, you're foolish to think you can actually touch me, Tiger Girl. I'm way out of your league." Personally, he didn't want it to come to that, but she left him with no choice. 

"I've tried to work with you but to now avail, this is the only way, but whether you know it or not," his complete demeanor changed from the jolly, free flowing leader he was before, "You just pissed off the wrong guy." He then got off of Grayson and executed a perfect front roll and got onto his feet. Grayson then summoned a huge fireball directly aimed at Lotus and Dot. From how close they were, they would both have to be fast to dodge it, and doubted they could tell it was an illusion, with the exception of maybe Phora.
"Phora, give me a couple minutes to deal with this." 

-----

Johnny, acknowledging Damian, gave him a friendly wave and a faint smile, though it diminished as he faced Evelyn's direction and followed her into Apollon. 

Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:52 pm

"Awww, but I wanna ride noooooooow!" Phora complained as she hopped out of the way of the fireball. "You're beating up a sick kitty! PETA's not gonna like this!" Either way, this was still something she wanted to watch. Having completely forgotten Alice's orders, she sat down to enjoy the fight. "I want popcorn~"

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:31 pm
YIM WWW

Oh, come on, you guys can do better than this.

Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:07 am

yeah tbh im not trying as hard as i could be at all

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:17 pm
YIM WWW

Lotus turned around completely ignoring Lloyd's rant. She looked at the map of Apollon on her PDA. As she did she made Dot vanish. She stared at the map, fully oblivious to the illusionary fire. The fire smashed into her back. Lotus didn't even flinch.
"Look Lloyd, I really don't want to fight.So, I can't believe I'm saying this, wanna go study at the library?" she cringed as she said library. She turned slowly to face Lloyd. Her hair was in her face, but she was to ill to care. She looked at Lloyd through her white hair. "so can we?"
she quickly spoke as she began a barrage of sneezes. With each, surprising quiet, sneeze she shook her head side to side. The sight of Lotus sneezing was quite funny. After about 5 sneezes she looked up again. "sorry about that." she spoke with a straight face.

Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:20 pm

"I think I might like to be punished, if you know wha-" Derrek's witty and well thought out snark was cut short with pain from the extra force Alice was sure to have exhibited on his arm. "Fine-fine-FINE! DAMN IT! I'll put on your dumb armor, you psychopath! Let me go!"

Derrek was shaking at this point. He had done well to avoid any kind of physical violence in his life, and now he had been forced to join a club where getting your a** whooped was part of the curriculum.

I should've joined chess club, he thought, at least it has good pun right in it's name.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:57 pm
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 98  Next