The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 9:16 pm

[ 2831 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 189  Next
SSF2 Character Speculation 
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Speculate about the future of SSF2's roster here!

Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:33 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, M.U.G.E.N, Pokemon Type Wild,
I honestly don't know what to expect.

The devs. here obviously know what they're doing. Looking back at the past demo's to now, you can see the changes they made, I'm especially impressed at how they've sprited so many original characters that haven't been used or done before, like DK or ZSS. I applaud them.

Anyway, there are only a few characters I'd want to see, that are of good choice... Sauske Shippuden, Riku, Bass, Knuckles, and Chrono.

I honestly think that Sauske and Bass have a good shot at appearing in the roster. I'm sure there are many others but i'd be thrilled if I saw any one of them.

Watch the soon to be best gaming channel on Youtube, Infinite Lives. We make videos that range from LetsPlays, to Sprite Animations, so don't worry, it isn't the same thing.

Youtube Link: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLS7V2DO912FW7LFY7pzJnw
Facebook Link:
Twitter Link:

Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:51 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, LOZ:PH, Pokemon Showdown!.
I would like to see Pokemon Trainer. I know it would take some space, but it has great potential, it might break the current meta though, not that sure.

ImageImage

Link!

Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:56 am
YIM

Currently Playing: LittleBigPlanet, SSBB
Lucario/Mewtwo.

Also, there need to be more villains. Almost everyone on the roster is a protagonist, not an antagonist.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:24 am

Currently Playing: SSF2
One thing for sure is that I expect Andy and Luffy in the game, mostly because of gut feeling.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:36 am
i expect luffy because uha hua

Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:39 am

Currently Playing: Tekken Tag tournament 2
I speculate

Chrono and Geno

Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:41 am

MGN Username: Popcioslav
Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, Len'en 4: Brilliant Pagoda or Haze Castle
Waifu: Sandbag
Can I say characters who I don't expect firstly? Let's start with the whole "fanboy army characters". I say huge "NO!" to Shadow the Hedgehog (no...just no...), Rayman (at least not now) and to Luffy (sorry, I just think he is sssssssssssssoooooo much overrated and there are better anime stars to come there).

Who I want? I have a dream of having Reimu Hakurei from "Touhou" series & Prince Sable from "For The Frog The Bell Tolls" (forgotten but cool Nintendo game), with all of their abilities!

Who we will get?... Let's look at the stages we have/which aren't disconfirmed. Solid Snake will be for 100% in the full version (maybe in his Phantom Pain look?), Simon Belmont from Castlevania, Andy from Advance Wars &...I still believe in Chrono.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:54 am

Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2, TF2, DotA2, etc.
Popcioslav wrote:
Can I say characters who I don't expect firstly? Let's start with the whole "fanboy army characters". I say huge "NO!" to Shadow the Hedgehog (no...just no...), Rayman (at least not now) and to Luffy (sorry, I just think he is sssssssssssssoooooo much overrated and there are better anime stars to come there).

Who I want? I have a dream of having Reimu Hakurei from "Touhou" series & Prince Sable from "For The Frog The Bell Tolls" (forgotten but cool Nintendo game), with all of their abilities!

Who we will get?... Let's look at the stages we have/which aren't disconfirmed. Solid Snake will be for 100% in the full version (maybe in his Phantom Pain look?), Simon Belmont from Castlevania, Andy from Advance Wars &...I still believe in Chrono.

The reason people want Luffy is so the game can finish off the Shonen 4 (Naruto, Goku, Ichigo, and Luffy)

Mains: Zelda, Chibi Robo, Mario

Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:57 am

Currently Playing: League of Legends, Kid Icarus Uprising, Team Fortress 2, Super Smash Flash 2!
I know a lot of characters where cut from the original intended roster, like Blade and Blue, but I'm still hoping on Shadow, Vegeta, and Sasuke returning...
Although, if they wanted to put in the work and sprite Little Mac, that'd be cool.

Now what I'm actually expecting?
Luigi at some point. I'm honestly surprised we haven't gotten him yet.
Maybe Simon Belmont.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:04 am

MGN Username: Popcioslav
Currently Playing: Awesomenauts, Len'en 4: Brilliant Pagoda or Haze Castle
Waifu: Sandbag
Deck-it Darkleer wrote:
Popcioslav wrote:

The reason people want Luffy is so the game can finish off the Shonen 4 (Naruto, Goku, Ichigo, and Luffy)

If this is the whole reason than I don't want Luffy even more. There are new characters in SSF2 to have over 9000 reasons to be in...

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:23 am
Popcioslav wrote:
Deck-it Darkleer wrote:
Popcioslav wrote:

If this is the whole reason than I don't want Luffy even more. There are new characters in SSF2 to have over 9000 reasons to be in...

i want his extendable rubber

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:24 am

MGN Username: MegaSackboy
Currently Playing: Lots of old games
Based on the Wiki wording,Zero might not make it,making me feel shaky if the devs disconfirm him,
but I say Zero will get in,with custom sprites based on his MMZ appearance,and his MvC3 sounds.

Microsoft can't count to nine, let alone ten or 720.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:15 pm

I'm somewhat confident of Sasuke, despite the doomsday attitude that the wiki has towards him. Unlike the other cut anime characters, the Naruto universe had a representative in the previous game.

And I may be overoptimistic about this, but I feel that the devs already made the cuts they intended to the SSF roster already with the removal of OCs and the first 4 cut characters (Mr. Incredible, Inuyasha, Y. Link, and S. Sonic)

Speculation would be easier if I remembered the beta roster
Edit: Seems I found it http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/021/6/5/The_Super_Smash_Flash_2_Icons_by_Byllant.png

I feel pretty confident about Snake and Pit, since they got SSBB to look to for balancing

Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:36 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
Developers really know what they're doing.
About veterans, I speculate:
-King Dedede
-Bowser
-Luigi
-Mewtwo with Lucario's weight
And about newcomers:
-Dark Matter (unlikely, but I think he could work, specially his swordsman form) or
-Adeleine (She has a lot of moveset potential: mixing up the variants of the Paint ability troughout the Kirby games + her ability to turn drawings into real beings. still think unlikely)
-Luffy (even if I'm not much of a fan of One Piece, he could be fun to play at)
-Knuckles (if they don't use his Sonic Boom design)
-Dr. Eggman (fighting in the Eggmobile plus the help of Badniks could be pretty unique) or
-Shadow (because everyone loves him)

Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:55 pm
 [ 2831 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 189  Next