The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 10:46 pm

[ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
Wayward Winds 
Site Admin

Aneira's blood ran cold at the mention of passengers, there was no way around it. Avigo had meant slaves, had it been other circumstances she would conjured shards of ice to stab through his heart, but she had to remember her plan, she had to put an end to the Scarlet Dread and then put and end to Captain Avigo. She nodded to the captain encouragingly "Please do go on" she said formally, as she spoke her breath came out as vapour slightly, which she let slip on purpose but it gave her the air of danger in her mind, letting those around her know that she toyed with the very air that they breathed.

Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:46 pm

Aiolos mumbled to himself and itched his chin. The "Captain" wasn't making sense. Aiolos straightened up and spoke powerfully, "Hey! Just tell us why you need a bloody crew!"

Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:09 am

Captain Avigo
________________________________________________________________________________
As one of the recruits started to shout, Avigo reached down to grab another corn muffin, tested it's weight in his hand, and threw it quite forcefully at the man's forehead, where it bounced off and landed in a dark corner of the room. Settling back into the armchair, he started to speak in a soothing tone. "Before I made my ... less then dignified escape, I was issued an order by our leader." he started off slowly "The letter stated that in two months time, a small fleet of battleships, lead by the Clavanova were to be at the island of Redue, to launch a massive attack on it's Kingdom and acquire an item of utmost importance. What that item is, I do not know..." Avigo paused for a moment and stared at his hands which were now folded neatly in his lap "My intentions are to take on the Clavanova and send it to it's rightful place at the bottom of the sea. If we were to intercept it, not only would we be ridding the ocean of scum, but we we would also be 'eroes in the eyes of the Royal family of Redue. I am also quite curious about that mysterious item.." Pushing the armchair back, the Captain stood up and leaned on the desk, grabbing the sides of it. "Now, if any of you are still in on the idea, let me discuss my plan, and your payment..."

Last edited by Zesper on Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:45 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
"Now, if any of you are still in on the idea, let me discuss my plan, and your payment..." the Captain finally ended up saying.

That was what finally brought Jong to full attention. The captain's life stoty, what he wanted dead and why were not important. The most important thing was that Jong got paid for his services. It was now that he inched closer to the table. Should the man sound like a capable leader and walking bag of money, Jong would take the job.

Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:16 am
Site Admin

Aneira nodded quite content with the plan, always willing to take down dirty pirates. She had no longer considered what the pay was, taking out pirates would always be priceless in her books. She looked at the rest of them, most of them barely looked like they've been on a ship bigger than a dinghy, she sniffed, "how would they make it a few feet off of the island with a crew of landlubbers?" she thought to herself. "Most of them will probably end up getting the greens and spend the rest of the time on the ship with their head hung over the side of the ship while the remnants of their food dropped into the water below" She leaned back in her chair and twirled her hair around her fingers, "Well you have me sold with this idea of yours Captain" she said confidently.

Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:34 pm

Currently Playing: Team Fortress 2, Osu!, FTL, Cortex Command, Hearthstone
As the captain spoke, Lenard slowly mulled over the idea. Hunting pirates. Not really stealing, necessarily, but how many people could honestly say that they took down a pirate group? Almost nobody, save for the present gathering, should they accept. As the Captain went on to discuss the plan and payment, Lenard decided, it was probably best that the gathering should think of him as a predictable person. He leaned forward towards the captain, silently, and assumed a curious expression.

Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:47 pm

Currently Playing: Zero Time Dilemma
???

What a lovely day. Of course, he wouldn't know the weather, but the ship's rocking was less sickening than the day before. It was refreshing, being alone on the boat. It had become routine, really. The crew never invited him to their parties. Drunkards, all of them, it was surprising that they were ever well enough to steer the ship. It crossed his mind that this explained quite a bit. The man stood in his office, holding various fluids in small bottles, a beaker lying on the table before him. Each vial was marked with a number. Rolling a die, he peered at the results and poured an unspecified amount of the corresponding liquid into the beaker. Satisfied with the lack of combustion, he pushed the bottle off the desk, shattering it on the floor, and proceeded to take another roll of the die. The fluid chosen this time was of a scarlet hue. He shrugged as he poured it in, not caring what it happened to be. The concoction fizzed up a little, but it wasn't a problem. The man reached into his pocket, and managed to take out his syringe without injecting himself with leftovers of the day before. Carefully running the mixture into the container, he smiled at his finished product. Retracting the needle, he placed it gingerly on the shelf near him, and began to use the remaining liquids to fill a nothing syringe. It came as no surprise that the injector quickly began to flare, the plastic melting over. Cursing quietly, he immediately regained his composure, setting the still burning container onto a designated spot on his metal desk. If the scorch marks were anything to go by, it was clearly not the first time he had made such a mistake. Out of materials, the timid man sat, hands folding in his lap. Rubbing his thin beard, he decided that shaving would be a good choice for his next move. The professor never seemed to get bored in his daily adventures, and it was quite obvious that he was being paid to goof off. The crewmen wouldn't get injured unless of their own accord.

Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:21 pm

He had listened to what the captain had said. Nedue... he had heard the name of that island somewhere before. He wondered why the captain wanted to help the crown. It sounded like an adventure to him and he was willing at any cost to join in this expedition.

Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:47 pm
Site Moderator

Maybe this item might be related to me... Ari thought. It was a crazy idea, but he had no other leads to whoever he was, and the journey could make him remember at least something. "Well I don't really need any payment, minus essentials." he said happily, hopping off the wheel, and finishing the muffin.

Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:31 pm

Captain Avigo
__________________________________________________________________________________
"Well you have me sold with this idea of yours Captain" Said a one of the recruits, a brown haired girl who looked to be in her early twenties. Nodding to her, Avigo stated quite cheerfully "Thank you, thank you. Your far too kind. But please, I insist, there will be a reward for all of you. For any treasure or items of value, I will divide evenly amongst us." Steering his gaze away from his audience, the Captain stared off at the wall behind them and scratched his chin. "Now..." He murmured "As a few of you already know, I am without any means of leaving Dasmal island. The Scarlet Dread isn't one to give away parting gifts... But none the less, I 'ave thought up a plan." He then looked back at his listeners, and gave them a sly smile, flashing his pearly-white teeth "Are any of you familiar with the ship-yard?"

Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:53 pm

Currently Playing: Team Fortress 2, Osu!, FTL, Cortex Command, Hearthstone
"Nope" was the monotoned echo that Lenard let out. The Shipyard? he thought. No means of leaving the island? A plan? Lenard quickly came to the most obvious conclusion: Stealing. The instant he thought it, his eyes brightened. To think that I wouldn't able to have a time to steal! he thought. Lenard leaned back, and started focusing his thoughts on how the plan would work, but then realized that the Captain had a plan already. Starting to shut out the plans from his head, Lenard, once again, leaning in to hear the Captain's Plan.

Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:18 pm
Site Admin

Aneira sighed all of the captain's questions were ridiculously easy for someone who constantly went abroad like herself. "Yes I know where the shipyard is" she said "And do you mean to have us steal a ship. A whole ship, with a bunch of landlubbers and a few sea hands?" she said skeptically. She knew it was very dangerous to assume someone of doing something, it was a pet peeve for herself but it seemed so obvious. She propped up her right hand on the arm of the wicker chair and plopped her head on it waiting for a response or something else foolish to come from a landlubbers' mouth.

Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:03 pm

"Thank you, thank you. Your far too kind. But please, I insist, there will be a reward for all of you. For any treasure or items of value, I will divide evenly amongst us," the Captain started, "Now..." He murmured "As a few of you already know, I am without any means of leaving Dasmal island. The Scarlet Dread isn't one to give away parting gifts... But none the less, I 'ave thought up a plan."

He then looked back at his listeners, and gave them a sly smile, flashing his pearly-white teeth,

"Are any of you familiar with the ship-yard?"

"Yes I know where the shipyard is" a woman said "And do you mean to have us steal a ship. A whole ship, with a bunch of landlubbers and a few sea hands?"

Jong took offence to that. He took off his sat-gat and stepped in to light.

"I wish you do not jump to conclusions, Ma'am," Jong said to the sceptical lady with a neutral expression, "I am, Jong Pom-chu, professional man at arms, and if given the proper incentive, I am capable of anything."

Surely she was experienced in combat if she knew that the odds weren't especially good. However, there was something that clouded her judgement, something that Jong couldn't quite put his finger on yet. Well if he travelled with her, he will surely to find out eventually.

Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:36 pm
Site Admin

She sighed,"Why did men have to always puff themselves up" she thought to herself as the man-at-arms stood up. "Ok then, let me be more precise. We have three capable people with sealegs, that's you" she pointed to the man "me and the captain. A telekinetic pig, and the rest still look like a bunch of landlubbers as far as I can see."

Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:37 am

"Duly noted, ma'am."

Jong bowed and put the sat-gat back on his head and stepped back. Taking a good look over them, there were only three other men. One was a telepath, as the woman had noted, the other two carried weapons, presumably having them hidden. It was not strange that a bunch of strangers such as these were attracted by the allure of money. Six people, half of which are unproven, commandeering a ship out of port didn't seem likely, but if he was getting paid, then Jong would make sure it happened.

"Three is a crowd however, and at worse, they could be human shields for us," Jong gestured to the others, still emotionless before turning to the captain, "Commandeering a seafaring vessel is possible if the right boat is targeted. I have no complaints, only one question. When do we leave?"

Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:29 pm
 [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next