The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:38 pm

[ 591 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next
McLeodGaming Mafia VIII [Pokémon] 

WELCOME EVERYONE TO MG's 8th MAFIA GAMES!

As you might have guessed by the topics name, this mafia will be based off of pokemon. Don't worry if you don't know anything about pokemon because it will not be necessary to be a good player in this game.
Also there are over 400 kinds of pokemon so for the sake of gameplay and such I will be listing all the pokemons that have a chance of appearing in this particular game.
Keep in mind that not all of these pokemon below will be used as roles and the list below is merely a way for the mafia to make harder and more risky claims, and allow the town to make a more accurate assumption about said claim.
Possible pokemon: show
Minun
Arbok
Pidgeotto
Voltorb
Nidorino
Eevee
Metapod
Alakazam
Mudkip
Espeon
Pikachu
Gastly
Chansey
Snorlax
Sandshrew
Plusle
Delibird
Ditto
Jigglypuff

Also for the first time since mafia 3 (I think) there will be items to use. There are many items such as pokeballs, pokeflutes, etc. There will be a way to distribute these items, I can't tell you how, but you can bet that it won't be randomly.
Other then that follow the basic rules of mafia below, as well as the forum rules.

Mafia/ role samples
http://mikeburnfire.sitesled.com/mscumB.swf
http://www.sitesled.com/members/mikebur ... scum04.swf

Basic rules of mafia: show
Mafia is a internet forum games that require wits and extensive mind games(along with a little luck) in order to succeed.

Role pms
At the beginning of the game each participant will get a role pm. Each role pm will have specific abilities that they can activate during the night phase(more about that later). The role pm also has the players passive ability, the players winning conditions, and the players alignment.

Alignments
In mafia there are 3 alignments(sides). There are Townies(who's goal is to eliminate all mafia), Mafia(who's goal is to eliminate all townies) and 3rd parties(which have many different objectives.)
Out of all these three alignments the mafia are the only ones who are aware of who their teammates are, while townies and third parties don't know anything about who's on their side.

Phases
In mafia there are two phases of a day. Phases are the time in the day that players are allowed to perform specific actions.

Morning Phase
First is the Morning phase(commonly referred to as the day phase) In the Morning phase players vote for anyone that they want to lynch(which is a civilized way of killing or hanging.)During the day phase every player can talk to one another ONLY through THIS topic and come to a conclusion on who they want to lynch. After a majority of votes have been submitted against one player that person will be lynched and their role will be revealed.
Once a person is lynched the next phase of the day occurs, which is the night phase

Night Phase
During the night phase no one is allowed to post in this topic or communicate with one another in any way shape or form unless their ability specifically says they can. During the night phase two things happen. First everyone with a night action(which is referred to as an active ability)can send the game master(which is me) a pm of the specific target they want their ability to effect or send me a pm telling me they don't want to target anyone with their ability. All actions will happen in a specific order depending on the abilities priority which usually goes in this order from highest priority to lowest priority. Role blocker-Protection-Investigation-Killing. On special occasions the order can be switched up due to passive abilities which are the abilities that don't require a pm and happens automatically. The second thing that happens during the night phase is the mafia actions. Mafia actions consist of two things. 1)The mafia communicate to one another and plan their actions to get the most effective results for their goal and 2)The mafia sends me the name of any person. That person will die on that night unless the member the mafia sent is blocked. After every role has sent me their actions and the mafia has sent me the name of the person they want to kill then the night phase will end, the people who were killed are revealed, and the day phase begins once more.

End of the game
Each alignment strives to complete the goals that were previously stated through actions they take during the two phases. Once that goal has been fufilled the game ends and the side who had completed their goals are considered the winners. If any third partiy goals are fufilled the game will(usually) not end, but it will be stated at the end of the game that the third party has won along with whoever has acheived their goals.

After Party
The after party is a congradulations or insulting of the winning/losing side. The after party also includes all night actions, all roles that were distributed, and titles for players according to how they played. The after party is also usually where the players decide who will host the next mafia games. Usually a member of the winning side is selected for this task. If no members of the winning side wants to host the next game then anyone can step up to the challenge.

The Forum-Specific Rules - Please read, some might have changed: show
1.) All votes MUST be bolded. If your vote isn't bolded, it doesn't count. It really isn't that hard. A few keystrokes on your part can save me loads of time and effort trying to pick out all those hard to find non-bold votes.

2.) Absolutely NO EDITING! If you edit three times you're gone. I'll either replace you if there are replacements available or mod kill you if there aren't any. However, edit mod kills will not end the day. It's stupid to punish everyone because of one doofus.
I’m making an exception to this rule however. If you are editing out a misspelled word, and no one has posted after you, you may edit your post. Please notify me if you do this.
There may be other acceptable cases of editing, but please ask me before you do so.

3.) Unless your role specifically states that you may do so, there is no outside communication about this game allowed. If you do this, I’m going to modkill you. If you find out that something like this is going on, please notify me.

4.) No quoting PM's from me, unless you want to get replaced/modkilled.

5.) Don't ruin everyone else's fun. If I feel you are doing nothing but trying to disrupt the game, I'll replace/modkill you.

6.) Once someone is lynched, the game goes into "Night Mode". NO POSTING DURING NIGHTMODE. Once I get all night abilities PM'd, or after 48 hours, Night Mode ends.

7.) I reserve the right to place deadlines on lynches, night role choices, etc. I will extend, shorten or lift these deadlines as I see fit. All deadlines will be placed in an effort to speed up the game should it become lethargic.

8.) To make the days go by a bit faster, I'm allowing the option to use "concrete" votes. This should only be used if you KNOW you're going to vote for a certain person, since you can't switch your vote afterwards. Once everyone Solidifies, or enough people solidify that it's impossible for one person to survive, then that person will by lynched. If everyone Solidifies theirvote, then whoever has the most votes is lynched.

9.) I'm the mod. Respect me and I'll respect you. Whatever I say goes, at least within the threshold of this game. Don't argue with me. If you absolutely think that something I did was unfair, and have some nice reasoning to back it up, take it up with me via PM. I WILL listen if your PM meets the aforementioned requirements. Leave the thread space for the actual game.

10.) You can vote no lynch.

11.) If you are dead, you are dead. No posting until the end of the game.

12.) Don't try to find loopholes. Any loophole found or any "You didn't say we couldn't..." can be countered and punished at that same instant. Also actions most of the times are irreversible, so ask in a pm before you act.

13.) No pm revealing to other players. If you see someone pming you his role in someway, or even talking to you when he shouldn't, please post it for everyone's sake.

14) NO USERNAME CHANGING during your presence in the game. Your name is how people refer to you, and changing it can make communication difficult. You can change your avatar and signature if you want to.

There are 2 slots open. After all slots have been filled then the roles will go out. After everyone has confirmed that they have received their roles we can begin.
1)Crabby -Killed night 2. Role: Eevee, the survivor
2)Brikmaininoff -Lynched day 2. Role: Voltorb, the vigilante
3)Infinity -Killed Day 3. Role:Minun, the secondary mason.
4)Prince Marth Survived Role:Gastly, the witch
5) Nixter -Lynched Day 4 Role:Alakazam, the godfather/framer of the mafia.
6)Cactus -Lynched day 1. Role: Plusle, the head mason.
7)Thomas Terminator -Killed Night 5 Role:Delibird, the present giver.
8)135 -Killed night 4. Role: Chansey the doctor
9)DJ wizard cop -Lynch Day 3. Role: Arbok, mafia role blocker
10)Felipe_9595 -Lynch Day 5 Role:Jigglypuff, the songstress
11)Dephius -Killed by Prince marth as a result of #mafias greater then or equal #townies rule Role:Naive Natured Espeon, the naive cop.
12)Sonicstormer38 -Lynched Day 5. Role: Ditto the amnesiac.
13)Mr Flash and Flames -Killed Night 4. Role:Snorlax, the reverse role blocker.
14)Pachino -Killed Night 1. Role: Pidgeotto, the watcher.

Replacements
Apple engi

Last edited by Blood on Mon May 28, 2012 12:22 pm, edited 37 times in total.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:56 pm

First Fourth! I'd like to join please.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:02 pm

Added both prince marth and nixter onto the list.(Nixter posted his request in the last topic.)

Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:04 pm

MGN Username: Pach
I'll sign up as a replacement because I'm going to be very busy over these next couple weeks.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:36 pm

Currently Playing: SFV-FI: Shenanigans
Sign me up.

(This is the only recorded instance of this happening)

Term wrote:
i am a huge advocate of your right to whine like a b****

Kuro Kagami wrote:
i have problems with colors

i mean i have problems in general but colors tend to be a recurring issue

Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:43 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Thomas Terminator
Currently Playing: League of Legends, Halo Master Chief Collection, Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Count me in.

I want to prove Void something.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:43 pm

Added.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:49 pm
SSF2 Developer

Ooh, another game. May I sign up please?
:D

Quote:
I want to prove Void something.

lol I see what you mean.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:27 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: Chaconne
Sign me up, ol' chap.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:33 pm

Added
5 spaces remaining.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:53 pm

Currently Playing: MELEE!!!!!!!!
/in

Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:58 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2, CSGO, MGSV
I'm in baby

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:36 pm

Can I join? I watched the previous Mafia game and it looks interessting.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:40 am

I hope the last three will be filled before tomorrow.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:58 am

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
My name changed to Infinity so if you can change that, it'll be very appreciated.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:21 am
 [ 591 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next