The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 8:00 am

[ 2831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 189  Next
SSF2 Character Speculation 

Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
Jaguar3600 wrote:
SuperSuddenDeath35 wrote:
Shoe-In: Scrooge McDuck (because of everyone who wants him. What would his move set be?)

I have not seen a single person say they wanted Scrooge McDuck in. Plus he originated from a television series, whereas the focus in Smash Bros is on video game characters (notice that anime characters haven't been added for years and that InuYasha and Mr. Incredible were scrapped). I suggest you rethink what a shoe-in is. I have my opinions. Anybody could added so long as they had one game on a Nintendo console. I respect your opinion as well, but I still think Scrooge could be added.

Quote:
No Chance: Dr. :mario:

I don't have huge problems with this, but I can see there being like a 5-10% chance of Doc being included since he wouldn't be much work and is a pretty fun alternative to Mario in both Melee and Smash 4. No chance would be like Dark Pit and Lucina since they debuted not too long before the SSF2 roster was decided and are even less unique than Doc.

Quote:
Hell No: PAC-MAN (when are you idiots going to f***ing learn? HE'S AN ASSIST TROPHY)

They can remove his Assist Trophy whenever the want and make him playable. It's not certain doom. This game isn't even in Beta state yet. If Little Mac could be an Assist Trophy in Brawl and become playable in Smash 4, Pac can become a playable character in the transition from 0.9b to Beta/Final version/whenever.

Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:15 am

MGN Username: ShadowYoshi360
Currently Playing: SSF2 Beta, Pokemon Moon, SSB4, Mario Kart 7
Waifu: Makoto (Blazblue)
Goku2500 wrote:
Jaguar3600 wrote:
Shoe-In: Scrooge McDuck (because of everyone who wants him. What would his move set be?)

I have not seen a single person say they wanted Scrooge McDuck in. Plus he originated from a television series, whereas the focus in Smash Bros is on video game characters (notice that anime characters haven't been added for years and that InuYasha and Mr. Incredible were scrapped). I suggest you rethink what a shoe-in is. I have my opinions. Anybody could added so long as they had one game on a Nintendo console. I respect your opinion as well, but I still think Scrooge could be added.

Quote:

I don't have huge problems with this, but I can see there being like a 5-10% chance of Doc being included since he wouldn't be much work and is a pretty fun alternative to Mario in both Melee and Smash 4. No chance would be like Dark Pit and Lucina since they debuted not too long before the SSF2 roster was decided and are even less unique than Doc.

Quote:
Hell No: PAC-MAN (when are you idiots going to f***ing learn? HE'S AN ASSIST TROPHY)

They can remove his Assist Trophy whenever the want and make him playable. It's not certain doom. This game isn't even in Beta state yet. If Little Mac could be an Assist Trophy in Brawl and become playable in Smash 4, Pac can become a playable character in the transition from 0.9b to Beta/Final version/whenever.

The definition of who is a shoe-in is subjective and all, but if someone who actively follows which characters want to be in Smash (like me) hasn't heard much support for said character, plus the character doesn't even originate from a video game, there's clearly something wrong with calling said character a shoe-in.

I can respect someone wanting Scrooge McDuck in the game for sure. I think he'd be a cool character and would fit in Smash Bros. But a shoe-in? I have severe doubts about that.

Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:34 pm

Jaguar3600 wrote:
Goku2500 wrote:
Jaguar3600 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

The definition of who is a shoe-in is subjective and all, but if someone who actively follows which characters want to be in Smash (like me) hasn't heard much support for said character, plus the character doesn't even originate from a video game, there's clearly something wrong with calling said character a shoe-in.

I can respect someone wanting Scrooge McDuck in the game for sure. I think he'd be a cool character and would fit in Smash Bros. But a shoe-in? I have severe doubts about that.

I wouldn't put Scrooge McDuck as a shoe-in, but he is one of my picks for this game as he would have so much potential to be an amazing playable character for a fan-made Smash game like SSF2. If they put him in, I will be happy, but if not, no biggie as there are others who I want before him like Luffy, Mewtwo, Lucas, and Shadow. Although, with the direction this game has been heading, anybody can get in, as long as they appeared in one game on a Nintendo console as the Devs state all the time.

Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:41 am

Nintendo: Pit, Olimar, Villager, and Falco.

Third-Parties: Snake, Simon Belmont, Knuckles, and Pac-Man.

Anime: maybe Luffy, but I'd prefer to see Yugi.

Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:54 pm

Characters I speculate to be in SSF2 in either Beta or v1.0...

Smash Vets
Falco
King Dedede
Ganondorf
Lucario
Pit
Ice Climbers
Little Mac
Villager
Young Link
Olimar
Snake
Pac-Man

Newcomers
Cloud Strife
Chrono Trigger
Zero
Simon Belmont
Banjo-Kazooie
Geno

Last edited by Goku2500 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:26 am

I bet Knuckles or Blade will be in Beta or at least v1.1

Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:42 pm

Waifu: zero suit wario
Blade and all the fan characters were cut from the roster around 2011

Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:53 pm

amg wrote:
I bet Knuckles or Blade will be in Beta or at least v1.1

Here is proof that Blade was cut.

http://www.mcleodgaming.com/index.php?start=100

Btw, I speculate Knuckles.

Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:11 pm

MGN Username: ShadowYoshi360
Currently Playing: SSF2 Beta, Pokemon Moon, SSB4, Mario Kart 7
Waifu: Makoto (Blazblue)
Super Smash Flash 1 runback anyone?

Cloud? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:24 pm

MGN Username: Mr.Xenomega
Currently Playing: SSB4 - SSF2 - Mario Kart 8 - Pokemon X
Wellll....Since Cloud is in smash now? :nod:

I Suggest Cloud.

Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:40 pm

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
Cloud Strife in Sm4sh...wow...they're really taking their "Nintendo rule" very loosely nowadays.
Not that I'm complaining. Cloud Strife in SSF2 for the win!

Speculating no more "retro characters" (e.g Pacman, Duck Hunt Dog, Q*bert) in SSF2, a few is enough. Maybe one more will be fine.
Also, a well thought out, well sprited Crono would be awesome.
Oh, and no clone characters (e.g Lucina, semiclones like Falco/Wolf are OK) or different versions of the same character (e.g Dr Mario) please.

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:24 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Thomas Terminator
Currently Playing: League of Legends, Halo Master Chief Collection, Super Smash Bros Ultimate
I speculate that we're gonna get a curve ball thrown at us and a brand new original character hailing from the MG universe will join the roster (Not some sonic recolor like Blade/Blue).

I can dream. SSF2 has original stages...it could use an original fighter. :P

Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:15 pm

x2WiN wrote:
I speculate that we're gonna get a curve ball thrown at us and a brand new original character hailing from the MG universe will join the roster (Not some sonic recolor like Blade/Blue).

I can dream. SSF2 has original stages...it could use an original fighter. :P

I hate to crush your dreams dude, but Cleod9 said there would be no fan characters in this game.

Anyways, since Cloud was confirmed for Sm4sh, I am speculating he is getting in SSF2 v1.0, along with Luffy and Pac-Man.

Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:11 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
Why does everyone think that Cloud in SSB4 makes Cloud in SSF2 more likely? The roster was set in stone years ago. He either isnt in yet and the devs are planning on adding him later, or he just didnt make the final cut. Maybe he could be released as DLC, but until then more years will pass.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:46 am
BR Member

MGN Username: CSWooly
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, SSF2, SSB4, League of Legends.
To be honest, I though Cloud was one of the least likely of the remaining SSF characters to get in, seeing as he hadn't appeared on a Nintendo console before 2015.

The other least likely ones were:
Shadow (4 Sonic reps is a bit too much)
Crono

Click to expand thumbnail

SSF2 Backroom Character Analyst and Labber

Mains: :lucario: :simon:

Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:26 am
 [ 2831 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93 ... 189  Next