The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 9:20 am

[ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next
Your Religion? 

Waifu: I'm married
Villerar wrote:
The Ironic Dude wrote:
Captain Blueballs wrote:
The Ironic Dude wrote:
Captain Blueballs wrote:
To answer your question, Zero, I do believe Jesus was a real person. It's been pretty much proven that he exists. Whether or not all of those stories about him are true is the real question.

I believe that Jesus was not one, but many people. And all that s#%$& about parting the sea and so on is nonsense. Oh, and they found out that the lake he supposedly walked across was actually lightly frozen over at the time of said walking.

How
I mean, I do think that stuff was s#%$&, but how would they really manage to prove that?

They can study and observe the environment around the area. It's like how they can cut a tree in half and learn loads about it.

It's funny that you just ignored the data about the environment I provided, which stated that the Sea of Galilee never freezes. It is even classified as a lake type that is either frozen for the major part of the year or never frozen. I also wonder how they would demonstrate the circumstance on a lake about two thousand years ago.

Chernohog wrote:
If there is a God, then he knows all...And if he knows all, then he should know that there is no proof of his existence.

Though he knows we don't know proof of his existence, he does; hence omniscience.

What do you think of this? It is the purpose of belief to believe; you cannot believe on exclusively human-rational grounds, believing on those grounds would not be believing. Kierkegaard has written a lot about that.

Thaiberium wrote:
Reminds me of a something along the lines that, God knows of our plight but is powerless to help us. That or He is all powerful and just doesn't a give a f#%$&. My God is a bit different from yours though.

Usually the argument is used to argue God is either not benevolent or omnipotent. However, the Problem of Evil is flawed in the sense that omnipotence combined with benevolence should inevitably lead to intervention. Though in Christian theology, there is such intervention actually, it is not a ostensibly direct as often longed for.

The point is that most people who use this argument the described way is that they overlook important notions, such as freedom and responsibility of action. If a deity would intervene every time we do something wrong in order to make it right again, we would be limited in our freedom and we would not have any responsibility of our own, neither personally nor collectively. You could reject this notion, but for instance all of our statecraft and legislation is based on the notion humans at least have responsibility. (This is actually not complete as you may have noticed, but I'll leave it at this for now.)

Moral: Reciting an argument from an ancient philosopher is not always going to be free from fallacy. [Though you did not use it as an argument and just as another example, I know. :P It is more of a "warning" to others.]

Pikamander2 wrote:
Because you're starting to realize that religion is garbage, but you need our help to break away?

I can't help but enjoy the silence, I mean civil wording.

Chernohog wrote:
Yes, help me break away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA-mSoD6NV8

I have to admit, you've gone a few pages with a pretty solid argument, but you've just pulled one of my favorite loads of s***: "If something has to make sense for you to believe in it, you are not a true believer."
Kierkegaard was a moron for thinking that argument would be anywhere near convincing to a "Non-believer." It makes me laugh when people reference it, because it directly projects the stereotypical religious thinking: "Believe, under any circumstances."

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:45 am
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: Ninja Gaiden III
I don't like blind faith - if you're going to put your life in someone's hands, you'd better have reason to believe that they're going to hold you

Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:34 am

MGN Username: Tid
Currently Playing: Deep™ The™ Game™
|~DVDV~| wrote:
There is actually evidence for the big bang. Judging but the planets current trajectories, all planets originated from roughly the same spot. There is evidence for it, it just isn't proven

THANK YOU. I'm so glad someone else is saying this, because people don't believe me when I say that Big Bang is more then a theory.
angeldemonica wrote:
basically, Tid, your excuse for lets see some s***, might as well say, lets see some s*** that nothing causes nothing to suddenly happen.

Basically Angel, your excuse is this:
Well. We've got no f*** clue how any of this came about, but I worked it out! Some being with no physical evidence to suggest he exists must of made it all out of thin air!
Also, you've clearly got no clue what the Big Bang actually is. You don't have any clue what you're talking about, and are just behaving like an idiotic two year old. Stop posting.
Again.
|~DVDV~| wrote:
I don't like blind faith - if you're going to put your life in someone's hands, you'd better have reason to believe that they're going to hold you

But there's your dead end. What's your reason to believe that God exists?

Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:14 am

did i say no to the big bang theory? i made fun of your explanation of it you f***. and to our supposed dead end, how do you know God doesn't exist, f*** idiot.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:17 am
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
angeldemonica wrote:
did i say no to the big bang theory? i made fun of your explanation of it you f***. and to our supposed dead end, how do you know God doesn't exist, f*** idiot.

Wow what a wretchid comeback. First off, TID didn't explain the Big Bang theory, DVDV did. Secondly, LOLZ WEL HOW U KNO HE DUNT EXIST is the worst retalliation post ever. How do I know unicorns don't exist? Ahem.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:20 am

angeldemonica wrote:

Well quite frankly, he's about as believable as Goldilocks and the Three Bears.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:23 am

Nice comeback, something that is a fairytale classic. Bicurious f**, thats what athiests, which ironic dude is, believe. It's also pointless to say, prove he existed, since techically as a law of physics, you cant create matter out of nothing, some higher force had to be involved, whether it be god, or some other being.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:57 am

ITT Idiot who thinks he's smart.
Nothing you said makes any sense whatsoever, you're just throwing a bunch of big words together.
Now okay, to respond to your post seriously: If you can't create matter out of nothing, then where the hell did this God fellow come from?

Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:59 am

according to the bible, he's always been,makes more sense than defying the laws of physics if you ask me. and what big words did i throw in hm? my little 2nd grade sister could read and understand what I just said fine.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:09 am

God didn't come from nothing, he was always there. Says that in Isaiah something or other, I don't pretend to understand how that works but it makes just as much sense as the universe coming from nowhere

Also, not trying to be slack or anything, but could you take it to the PM's?

Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:11 am

Ahah
Thanks Angel, you always make me smile. Like literally, I just laughed out loud.
So. A book which has absolutely no proof or fact behind it suggesting some powerful dude who we've never met before, or in fact had any sign to suggest he existed creating the universe with a click of his fingers or whatever follows the laws of physics.
But what has been proven multiple times to of happened by scientists doesn't. Yeah I get it now. Thanks.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:13 am

nah, im done for the night, gonna go chill to some metal.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:14 am

Have fun melting your brain-cells.
Oh by the way
Translation for those of you who haven't understood him properly
"Holy s*** what he's saying makes more sense then what I'm saying I'm leaving"

Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:16 am

yeah thats exactly it. Leaving an dispute means your right, God im so sorry, oops i mean, Nothing im so sorry. Night ;)

Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:19 am

The Ironic Dude wrote:
Ahah
Thanks Angel, you always make me smile. Like literally, I just laughed out loud.
So. A book which has absolutely no proof or fact behind it suggesting some powerful dude who we've never met before or in fact had any sign to suggest he existed creating the universe with a click of his fingers or whatever follows the laws of physics.
But what has been proven multiple times to have happened by scientists doesn't. Yeah I get it now. Thanks.

How do you mean?

For the purpose of the following let's take it as read that God exists ok?

God made everything: time, space, everything out of nothing
Therefore, just like an animator makes individual frames, God makes the individual 'frames' of the universe. However, while the 'animator' or God can appear in his animations, he does not have to follow the rules of his creation. He can follow his own rules. Likewise, God can break the laws of physics because he wrote them so to speak should he choose to.
However, the universe can't break its own rules. The universe can't break its own laws on its own.

Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:21 am
 [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next