The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:39 pm

[ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Defect 

Currently Playing: Zero Time Dilemma
Believe me, my seriousness is as strong as Steve's popsicle related beliefs.

Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:24 pm

Name: Steven Uziel
Weapons: A sword powered by electricity.

powers: Can control electrical surges and waves. Can also control a, "dark", energy. Is more powerful in the dark and can fuse his 2 abilities to make a stronger power called, black thunder.

Appearance: Wears black vans (shoes), blue jeans, blue shirt and black ripped up jacket, has black short spikey hair, blue eyes, is tall and skinny, but muscular.

Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:14 pm
Site Moderator

((Err, is there magic? I would like to be a necromancer for once, but I have no idea what's the restrictions.))

Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:58 pm

Really, the only limitation is that you can't have anything technologically advanced when the RP starts.

And no godmods.

Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:34 pm

Nate wrote:
Really, the only limitation is that you can't have anything technologically advanced when the RP starts.

And no godmods.

WereBob wrote:
Name: Girga Bjytrs
Racial Info: Mkiuts grow to about 4 ft tall, a foot and a half is just ears! Their heads are roughly twice the size of their small body. their limbs are cone like, the tips being hands and feet. They have a thin layer of fur covering their bodies, and they have hair like a human. The hair and fur are always different colors, although eyes and hair are normally the same. Their noses and ears are rabbit-like. Their muscles densen instead of grow.

All Mkiutkind have innate powers, whither it be mind reading, healing, firebreath, or something else. Many of the powers are common and new powers rarely are passed on. Mkiuts live a long life if they make it to 19.
Background Summary: Born to a Sight-seer and Technopath, a bad power to have in a world that shuns technology. She herself didn't show any power of her own. Her mother was banished for practicing her power when Girga was but a baby. When Girga was two a spider-like contraption found it's way to her. It carried a message from her mother, who was apparently still alive out there in the junkyard. That's when she found her power. As she touched the metal work there was a quick flash, and she saw her own body fall. She felt rigid and confused...
Weapons: Her "Spidy" can be used like a shield, that is also how it escapes notice.

Powers: Technochannel; Girga can take over and control machines. This is the only occurrence ever known of this power.

ORLY?

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:07 am

You can't have that until after the RP starts.
*confiscates spidy*

Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:14 pm
Site Moderator

Name: Reis Hawkwood (Now names himself Ari Fey)

Background Summary: Living a rather normal life, he was studious and would often take the whole day reading many things. Eventually, he found a few books on becoming a necromancer, about how to interact with the dead, to cast spells of cold, and many more. This fascinated him and he started to learn of these abilities. This took 3 or so years to complete, and even then had only a novice's training. Soon he took a name from the book, a legendary necromancer, and at times wore the uniform of one. He now usually tries to find more books, doing various jobs for money, and still reads.

Weapons: A wooden staff which he can focus his magic, as well as hit people.

Powers:

Novice Necromancer's training - The basic ability of one, he can cast bolts of frost, and is able to raise the dead (but only two corpses). He can also interact with many spirits.

OOC: Meh, just went ahead, any problems?

Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:16 pm

Nate wrote:
You can't have that until after the RP starts.
*confiscates spidy*

Woops, you just took my backstory and reason to go outside the city and knowledge of my power... do you see where I'm going with this?

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'

Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:09 pm

I see your point, but you can't have technology until after the RP begins. How about you make the spider visit you after you sign up for the expedition? Otherwise, you'll have to change the backstory entirely.

Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:03 pm

he got you there.

Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:09 pm

And a twelve year old little girl would sign up on a life risking mission because? Originally I was going to have her stow away. I don't think children are allow to risk their life without a parent present, and I don't think parents endorse that kind of thing.

I don't see where I was got.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'

Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:17 pm

She could use the voyage as an excuse to slip away from the city and search for her mother, but the spider comes to her before she leaves.

Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:23 pm

That would be redundant.

Hey, look I found middle ground. Spidy could be a messenger going in between the two, and when Garga leaves the city Spidy acts as a guide/guard. That means I don't have to change my backstory, and I would get Spidy after the RP begins, in a way.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'

Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:24 pm

Look, here's the deal: In the society you exist in, technology is banned. If you had a mechanical spider, it would be confiscated by the authorities. Work a way around that, and you're fine.

Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:07 pm

Oh, if that's ALL.

WereBob wrote:
Name: Girga Bjytrs
Racial Info: Mkiuts grow to about 4 ft tall, a foot and a half is just ears! Their heads are roughly twice the size of their small body. their limbs are cone like, the tips being hands and feet. They have a thin layer of fur covering their bodies, and they have hair like a human. The hair and fur are always different colors, although eyes and hair are normally the same. Their noses and ears are rabbit-like. Their muscles densen instead of grow.

All Mkiutkind have innate powers, whither it be mind reading, healing, firebreath, or something else. Many of the powers are common and new powers rarely are passed on. Mkiuts live a long life if they make it to 19.
Background Summary: Born to a Sight-seer and Technopath, a bad power to have in a world that shuns technology. She herself didn't show any power of her own. Her mother was banished for practicing her power when Girga was but a baby. When Girga was two a spider-like contraption found it's way to her. It carried a message from her mother, who was apparently still alive out there in the junkyard. That's when she found her power. As she touched the metal work there was a quick flash, and she saw her own body fall. She felt rigid and confused...
Weapons: Her "Spidy" can be used like a shield, that is also how it escapes notice.
Powers: Technochannel; Girga can take over and control machines. This is the only occurrence ever known of this power.

There is a reason I put that clause in.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'

Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:33 am
 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next