The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:50 am

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Tournament? 

I'd like to host a tournament. Here are the rules... (I'm thinking about calling it WTPeach.)

Rules
-You must have at least two mains
-You have to at least have played SSF2 for two months
-You can only use a keyboard (Pending)
-Don't be a jerk to other players
-Items on (Look farther down for more info.)
-Best tow out of three
-8 participants required
-2 stocks and 5 minute matches
-Matches begin next Sunday. (I live in Virginia so US Eastern time I guess...)

The following stages are allowed...

Stages

(Neutrals)

-Jungle Hijinx
-Pokemon Stadium
-Wario Ware (No Hazards)
-Yoshi's Story
-Dream Land
-Smashville

(Counter-Picks)

-Castle Siege
-Tower of Salvation (Hazards)
-Lunar Core (Hazards)
-Dracula's Castle

Items (Very Low)

Food, laser swords, Mr. Saturns, and the fan will all be able to spawn during a match.

Sorry if the layout isn't that good. Anyway, I'm trying to reconstruct my attitude towards this game. I haven't been pleased with myself as of late, and just keep rage quitting online matches instead of trying to get better. No more! Instead of just trying to face my opponents head on, I'd like to use this tournament as a learning experience and analyze some high level SSF2 play. Good luck!

Participants:
-Doqtor Kirby

Last edited by KeyboardUser9000 on Sun May 10, 2015 1:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Sun May 10, 2015 11:22 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
KeyboardUser9000 wrote:
-No Anime (Sorry)

no thanks
a tourney is a great idea and I'd love more of them but I don't see the ruleset being very popular

EDIT: also, requiring '2 mains' is kinda dumb. I have one main and have played the game for nearly a year, but I can't join the tournament?

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Last edited by Jammy on Sun May 10, 2015 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 10, 2015 11:24 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Doq
Currently Playing: one of thousands of variations of Solitaire
Waifu: Es
I'll probly be the only one to sign up. I'll bring my alternate personalities too.

Kappa

Sun May 10, 2015 11:26 am
YIM WWW
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
You lost me at items.

Sun May 10, 2015 11:29 am

MGN Username: ohgosick
Currently Playing: Anything not called 'Undertale'.
Waifu: ur mum lmao
>items
yun peach lord ez snacklap, not entering regardless because 'items' describes in one word 'imba'

The Americans came in and burned my village with their flaming uppercuts,
killing our water buffalo and leaving this scar on my chest...

Sun May 10, 2015 11:30 am

MGN Username: Ganondoof
Currently Playing: Vanguard Princess, Upkmnfg, YGOPRO
I think this could be interesting, but the competitive community cringes at the thought of "items" and "hazards".

Sun May 10, 2015 11:31 am

Jammy wrote:
KeyboardUser9000 wrote:
-No Anime (Sorry)

no thanks
a tourney is a great idea and I'd love more of them but I don't see the ruleset being very popular

I don't know. I just don't find Anime characters very interesting to watch. I also made an edit so that matches are only five minutes and 2 stocks. And are the items really that bad? The only ones that are allowed are Mr. Saturn, food, laser swords, and the fan. There nowhere near as bad (If at all.) as a Yoshi player getting a Smash Ball or a Bomb spawning in front of you while you attack.

Sun May 10, 2015 11:32 am

MGN Username: Ganondoof
Currently Playing: Vanguard Princess, Upkmnfg, YGOPRO
It's not that items are bad (they are kinda buggy though), it's just the concept of this tourney which is very unpopular. Plus, banning Anime characters pretty much discriminates against players who main them.

Sun May 10, 2015 11:35 am
BR Member

Some people who may want to join could main an anime character. Just because you don't find them interesting to watch doesn't mean others share the same opinion.

And about the items, having items on at all can cause unfair disadvantages. That's why most tourneys prefer to leave them off.

Sun May 10, 2015 11:36 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
KeyboardUser9000 wrote:
Jammy wrote:
KeyboardUser9000 wrote:
-No Anime (Sorry)

no thanks

I don't know. I just don't find Anime characters very interesting to watch. I also made an edit so that matches are only five minutes and 2 stocks. And are the items really that bad? The only ones that are allowed are Mr. Saturn, food, laser swords, and the fan. There nowhere near as bad (If at all.) as a Yoshi player getting a Smash Ball or a Bomb spawning in front of you while you attack.

it's a great tourney idea for YOU.

you would enjoy it, but others probably won't, as the ruleset is (as you can see) quite unpopular.

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Sun May 10, 2015 11:38 am

Mr.Z wrote:
Some people who may want to join could main an anime character. Just because you don't find them interesting to watch doesn't mean others share the same opinion.

And about the items, having items on at all can cause unfair disadvantages. That's why most tourneys prefer to leave them off.

I suppose I'll let Anime characters in. Anyway, my question is are these items unfair? Mr. Saturn pretty much does nothing. The fan pretty much does nothing. The laser sword hardly hinders the match as well. People would basically just use these as throwing items. And food only restores health by 5 percent. (Plus items are set to spawn at an extremely low rate.)

Sun May 10, 2015 11:41 am

KeyboardUser9000 wrote:
Mr.Z wrote:

I suppose I'll let Anime characters in. Anyway, my question is are these items unfair? Mr. Saturn pretty much does nothing. The fan pretty much does nothing. The laser sword hardly hinders the match as well. People would basically just use these as throwing items. And food only restores health by 5 percent. (Plus items are set to spawn at an extremely low rate.)

as peach player, ur stance on these items couldn't b more wrong, mr saturn is GEE DEE ELL KAY - GDLK for combo setups, lets a lot of characters get free momentum w/ no drawback, fan can force combos that can't happen otherwise and r jankE, laser sword useless? helo, it's one of the best edgeguarding tools in the game, 5% matters a lot m8, can make the difference between a guaranteed kill and a possible live thru DI.

Sun May 10, 2015 11:53 am
BR Member

KeyboardUser9000 wrote:

Ok ok. If you say these items does pretty much nothing, then why even allow them at all? Tournaments are supposed to be based of nothing but skill, the only thing that can aid you in tournaments is your Character knowledge of Match ups, stage striking, and skill. Allowing any sort of item in will hinder the tournament environment (even if it's something as minor as food).

And do you even know the properties of the items you are allowing? Mr.Saturn breaks shields, Fan keeps you in a trap that is difficult to escape out of, and laser swords can aid a character and can be used for easy edgeguards.

Sun May 10, 2015 11:54 am

Gosick wrote:
KeyboardUser9000 wrote:
Mr.Z wrote:

as peach player, ur stance on these items couldn't b more wrong, mr saturn is GEE DEE ELL KAY - GDLK for combo setups, lets a lot of characters get free momentum w/ no drawback, fan can force combos that can't happen otherwise and r jankE, laser sword useless? helo, it's one of the best edgeguarding tools in the game, 5% matters a lot m8, can make the difference between a guaranteed kill and a possible live thru DI.

Eh. I'm allowing anime characters, but I really would like use the listed items in this tournament. Do you think I should just focus on a different audience or is that just going to make this tournament never get off the ground? If so then I suppose I'll just turn items off.

Sun May 10, 2015 11:58 am

KeyboardUser9000 wrote:
Gosick wrote:
KeyboardUser9000 wrote:
Mr.Z wrote:

Eh. I'm allowing anime characters, but I really would like use the listed items in this tournament. Do you think I should just focus on a different audience or is that just going to make this tournament never get off the ground? If so then I suppose I'll just turn items off.

most of the ppl chilling around hele are competitive spikes for ssf2, or at least try to be, items have no place in a competitive environment

Sun May 10, 2015 12:01 pm
 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next