The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:37 pm

[ 13 posts ] 
Train me. 

Waifu: You!
I suck at Rping.
I haven't done it since mine and Battobro's s*** attempt at a Naruto RP.
It will be a battle-style RP, but the enemy will choose the conditions.
So I need someone, preferably a good Rper, e.g., Hakker or Thai, to train me.

Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:07 am

Please tell me you are joking...

Once upon a time... Animals were telling each other jokes all of them laughed except the donkey, And in the next day they found the donkey laughing and when they asked him for the reason he said "I understood yesterday's joke."

Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:54 am

Why? I'm in dire need of help

Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:02 am

Currently Playing: The Game
It rained and poured. Not that it bothered Thaiberium. He was sitting cross legged with a cup of tea on the cold hard wooden floor. These days business was slow. His school had garnered a reputation of being a hard and cruel one. It was not totally unjust, the Langschwert was a powerful weapon and it demanded discipline and diligence to master. In the great training hall, blades rested on the wall, some nicked, others well preserved. In the lap of his simple grey robe, lay a waster, a wooden practice sword. It was beaten and battered but it could still match itself with short steel swords.

A gust blew in, carrying with it the air of a challenger. A young man had stepped whilst drenched and the drops of water created neat little pitter-patter sounds. Had he come to learn of the Langschwert and why it was superior as a weapon? It did not matter to the master as he set down the cup and picked up his waster, leaning on it as he had always.

((Your move))

Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:42 am

The young man fell down onto the floor, having been impaled by a child behind him. The child smiled as he yanked the sword out of the lifeless body of the man and started to walk toward the sword master and, once onto the training mat, threw a glove next to Thaiberium.

"En Gard"

Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:44 am

To his surprise, a child stood behind the young man, having already killed the latter. Thaiberium was not amused. For children to have learned how to kill with glee was akin to a sin to humanity. No child should be set on such a bloody path. Thaiberium gripped his waster tighter as the glove was tossed to his feet.

"En gard," the child spoke.

So it has come to this he thought. Well, a challenge was a challenge. What seemed strange was that the child did not adopt a stance. They were close enough to swing at each other and were the waster in his hand cold steel, the child would not be standing in one piece. It was at that exact moment that the master angled forward, bound with irresistible force for a diagonal swing from the bottom up. If this child could avoid injury then perhaps Thaiberium would consider teaching him on the spot.

((Added hints on how to improve your RPing in my post, see if you can pick up on them.))

Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:46 am

The child's eyes widened with surprise as the quick blow took him off guard. Yet his basic blade skills let him block this attack, curving his already unsheathed blade in the precise way that the attack was deflected.
(OoC: What's a waster?)

Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:53 pm

((My first post describes what a waster is.))

The child awkwardly swung, as if he failed to communicate. Despite this, the attack was blocked and Thaiberium moved back out of range for either of them. Judging from the youth, he was relatively inexperienced. However the boy knew how to handle the blade that he was using. Surprise was not an expression to have when you are the issuer of the challenge.

Thaiberium lowered his waster below his waist in front of him so that it ran diagonal to his legs from the left. Easing his grip slightly and relaxing his arms as he inched his left foot forward slightly. Now what would the youth do?

Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:56 am
Site Moderator

Ted and Bill sat down at their posts and observed from above.

Ted: Oh, a nice deflection from the kid, albeit very lucky!

Bill: You got that right, Ted! From the looks of things, this one would have already been toast if he were facing a thug or cutthroat.

Ted: Yes, it's always sad to see such small children dragged into our wartorn world of thread-cutting sorrow. The nigh tangible silence, thickly floating in our towns' streets, families slaughtered for mere crumbs, and the dull, lifeless emotion that is so seldom found amongst the shattered souls of the remaining wastelanders... truly, this is hell. What more havoc could despair reek upon the denizens of what was once a prosperous and glowing civilization. Alas, such words mean naught, anymore... amen...

Bill: ... sure?

Ted: Let's get back to the action!

Bill: Looks like the boy is up next, huh?

Ted: Yes, I wonder if he'll attack directly or take a more creative approach?

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:01 pm

(....Muppets? Also, you gotta love the sexy subtext)
The block forced the child off balance, but he stood firm. Sweat was coming from his brow as he looked at the Langschwert. His eyes locked onto the Langschwert, the child clumsily jumped into the air and raised his sword for a downward thrust on Thaiberium.

Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:58 am

Tired already? Such a child did not know much beyond the first strike then, Thaiberium thought. The lowered blade was a feint, an invitation to attack where he had already laid a trap. Taking to the air, the boy aimed to pierce his heart. It was a fancy manoeuvre; something you'd only see on the silver screen. The attack was poorly planned with no regard to what came next and what weakness presented themselves from such an attempt. Thaiberium raised his waster up to redirect the blow to where he once stood, sidestepping left to ensure that he would not get caught in the follow through.

Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:36 am
Site Moderator

Ted: Oh, what a dodge! The master seems to be having an easy time with this twerp, eh Ted?

Bill: Right you are, Bill! The kid's reenacting scenes from anime and movies. Wow, I can't tell you how many times moves like those have failed. Lunging and swiping randomly, even if you're the hero, is never a good strategy.

Ted: Definitely, you could easily end up dead!

Bill: Well, I'm sure the master wouldn't kill a mere child, right?

Ted: Don't be so sure, Bill. I've seen many things, in my lifetime. Things I wish I could unsee. However, I've learned to live with my demons. The scary, unimaginable horrors that I've witnessed serve only to remind me of my own good fortune. My house may be in shambles, wife dead from famine long ago, children slaughtered by marauders last summer... but I'm ok. I know that things can only get better as time goes on. And even if they don't, I still have my sanity. Still, if my shattered existence can stand up in today's social ecology, then this man's mercy should, as well. He will not kill the boy, but show him the way... the proper way to handle himself and conduct his business. Morals, values, disciplines... they're all in his mind, ready to be shared with the thousands of people that have the potential to use them correctly. It may be a good day to die, but that doesn't mean we have to.

Bill: ... ... ... Ted, is there something you want to tell me?

Ted: Woah, he sidestepped! A perfect follow-up!

Jin wrote:
I support the bombing of Israel.

Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:30 am

Currently Playing: Team Fortress 2, Osu!, FTL, Cortex Command, Hearthstone
Only Blue would come up with some beautiful commentary for an RP.

*salutes*

Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:30 pm
 [ 13 posts ]