The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 6:39 pm

[ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 25  Next
Samus 
BR Member

MGN Username: TSF|Cookies
Currently Playing: PM, Melee, Ultimate, Hollow Knight
And DSmash is waaaaay stronger than DTilt, its insane if you get the sweetspot. I think Bair and Super Missiles maybe beat it in that aspect as well. And yeh, FTilt isnt that bad as well.

Shoutouts to Harr for this sick player card!

Join Chibi Nation, the 20CR Discord for all aspiring Chibi-Robo mains!

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:10 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
So after some testing with GreeNinja, I'm convinced that Samus has a zero-death off of grab against Fox with dthrow provided that a) she has Charge Shot online and b) she is not below a platform. I think it is inescapable from Fox until after 100%, after which Charge Shot both inescapably follows up and kills poor Fox. My question to the readers of this post is: does Samus have any finishers that work without Charge Shot? After about 130% (don't know exactly), the chaingrab stops, so you need a kill option out of dthrow against Fox at 120% that kills.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:31 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
So after some testing with GreeNinja, I'm convinced that Samus has a zero-death off of grab against Fox with dthrow provided that a) she has Charge Shot online and b) she is not below a platform. I think it is inescapable from Fox until after 100%, after which Charge Shot both inescapably follows up and kills poor Fox. My question to the readers of this post is: does Samus have any finishers that work without Charge Shot? After about 130% (don't know exactly), the chaingrab stops, so you need a kill option out of dthrow against Fox at 120% that kills.

strong nair should do it at 120% easily. If not, it at least sets up an edgeguard.

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:50 am
BR Member

Pivot Bair or a surprise Super Missile? I also think that DSmash at lower % can net the stock, but Im not so sure about that.

Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:09 am
BR Member

Dsmash won't work if they DI out and up, which is the correct DI. Nair might work: we tested it and it didn't, but maybe GreeNinja didn't get the strong hit.

EDIT:
After some more testing, I have reached some conclusions as to the optimal punish. With Charge Shot, you can chaingrab up until 100% and combo inescapably into Charge Shot, which kills inescapably and is guaranteed death. So, as long as you have a Charge Shot (this even works with the double Charge Shot trick!), and you are not below a platform, against Fox you can guarantee death from a single grab. However, if you don't, things become more interesting, because you cannot finish easily. You can trick your opponent into missing a tech, jab reset, and dsmash, which kills, or you could try and push your luck with percents (maybe it isn't escapable until 150%?) and do strong nair or dash attack, which at the very least set up for edgeguards.

EDIT 2:
After yet more testing (not against a human though, so this may not work), I think reverse bair is guaranteed death. You can chaingrab until 140% or so, and then dash forward. If they DI'd in, I think you can dash back + RAR bair which kills. If there's no DI, you can just bair for a KO, and if they DI out, you can RAR bair for a KO.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:35 am
BR Member

A death sentence from a grab... Inb4 "Samus OP plz nrf you f*** bastards" But seriously, this might change the whole MU hard, as Samus just nneds to get a grab. And even if she cant finsih right away, a Fox at 140% is easily KOable. But how does one perform the Double Charge Beam?

Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:34 pm
BR Member

In order to perform the Double Charge Shot: Roll by pressing left or right just before a full charge. Use one in the air, then use one on the ground.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Fri May 01, 2015 11:29 am
BR Member

Inb4 "METROID OP PLZ NRF SAMURAI"

Can you do the shots the other way round as well? I guess its a dumb question, but Im gonna ask anyway.

Fri May 01, 2015 11:31 am
BR Member

No, you can't.

BTW: can anyone confirm this only works once per game?

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Fri May 01, 2015 11:32 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
No, you can't.

sekanor used it more than once against me in a game

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Fri May 01, 2015 11:57 am

MGN Username: Sekanor
Currently Playing: Melee, SSF2, SA2B, SM63, MKDD (all the games I'm playing from an advanced side)
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
No, you can't.

No, you can get it many times

http:twitch.tv/sekanor <- streaming speedruns, and smash sometimes
Melee & SSF2 Advanced Player
Sonic Adventure 2 & Super Mario 63 & Mario Kart Double Dash Speedrunner

Sat May 09, 2015 6:01 pm
BR Member

Location: The wonderful world of... someplace that isn't on fire.
MGN Username: Dark Ermac
Here's some things I haven't seen anyone mention yet:

-After Samus uses charge shot, her next uncharged shot in the air will have the same recoil as a full charge shot. In other words, it becomes possible to instantly increase or reverse Samus' momentum if she so desires, allowing for some nice air shenanigans for those who don't expect it. This seems to be connected to the double semicharge shot glitch.

-Samus' zair has no landing lag. It also has transcendent priority. It is literally her one tool that she has against the high tier swordsmen that doesn't completely suck. That being said, it is also only about 80% of its visible length, and loses all offensive hitboxes once it extends past that point. This means that she must be a bit closer than she should be in order to hit or sweetspot the edge with it.

Fri May 15, 2015 9:36 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Tekken 6, Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
Dark Ermac wrote:

-After Samus uses charge shot, her next uncharged shot in the air will have the same recoil as a full charge shot. In other words, it becomes possible to instantly increase or reverse Samus' momentum if she so desires, allowing for some nice air shenanigans for those who don't expect it. This seems to be connected to the double semicharge shot glitch.

-Samus' zair has no landing lag. It also has transcendent priority. It is literally her one tool that she has against the high tier swordsmen that doesn't completely suck. That being said, it is also only about 80% of its visible length, and loses all offensive hitboxes once it extends past that point. This means that she must be a bit closer than she should be in order to hit or sweetspot the edge with it.

After testing it (because I never noticed. :xd: Silly Me.) these are true I don't think people use the ZAir at all as a offensive option but it has its moments and, to me, now that I found out about the no end-lag part would make it a good combo starter imo, but as a sensible person if more people knew about it and spammed it since it's laggless then I think a nerf is in order for both of these before they are abused. Do any of yall agree?

↑ Look it's the only guy who loves Turbo. ↑

Fri May 22, 2015 6:04 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
I just hate how its hard to SDI out of her forward air, up smash and screw attack.

Fri May 22, 2015 6:41 pm
BR Member

Location: The wonderful world of... someplace that isn't on fire.
MGN Username: Dark Ermac
Pieceless wrote:
Dark Ermac wrote:

After testing it (because I never noticed. :xd: Silly Me.) these are true I don't think people use the ZAir at all as a offensive option but it has its moments and, to me, now that I found out about the no end-lag part would make it a good combo starter imo, but as a sensible person if more people knew about it and spammed it since it's laggless then I think a nerf is in order for both of these before they are abused. Do any of yall agree?

She's low tier as it is. She doesn't need any more nerfs.

Fri May 22, 2015 7:27 pm
 [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 25  Next