The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 11:50 pm

[ 565 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 38  Next
Fox 
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Dtilt master race

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:09 am

MGN Username: TheVilePerson
Currently Playing: Smash 4, CSGO and SSF2 :D
One thing I notice alot lately is that more and more people seem to miss the tech on Fox's DThrow alot.

This makes Shine into Up Smash or Shine into Up tilt combos so much easier lol :p

Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:35 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
CyberHyperPhoenix wrote:
One thing I notice alot lately is that more and more people seem to miss the tech on Fox's DThrow alot.

This makes Shine into Up Smash or Shine into Up tilt combos so much easier lol :p

Even if they tech, they are in a bad spot so you can tech chase them! This is a much more reliable throw to get a punish off of on the light characters that upthrow->uair doesn't work on. Not to mention you can shine->grab, and do this multiple times in quick succession. You can react with this as well if you are fast, so that you don't try to shine grab while they tech.

Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:44 am

MGN Username: TheVilePerson
Currently Playing: Smash 4, CSGO and SSF2 :D
Phoenix Wright wrote:
CyberHyperPhoenix wrote:

Even if they tech, they are in a bad spot so you can tech chase them! This is a much more reliable throw to get a punish off of on the light characters that upthrow->uair doesn't work on. Not to mention you can shine->grab, and do this multiple times in quick succession. You can react with this as well if you are fast, so that you don't try to shine grab while they tech.

Yep, I've been doing alot of tech chasing with Shine grab and it works great.

Honestly anything that involves shine JC with fox is fun and I have no idea why XD

Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:23 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
My favorite thing to do (which seems to always work) is uthrow, even against characters that you have no hope of hitting (Kirby, for instance). Then, when you get them to shine -> usmash kill percent, dthrow: they never see it coming.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:24 pm

MGN Username: SoldierSunday
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
How do you guys feel about Bthrow? i feel like its only good for getting people off the stage, otherwise i have to experiment with it more.

" You know what neither Melee nor Brawl have ? Controller input history in training mode." - 228zip, 2013

Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:05 am
SSF2 Developer

SoldierSunday wrote:
How do you guys feel about Bthrow? i feel like its only good for getting people off the stage, otherwise i have to experiment with it more.

Lol that's pretty much all its good for, just like fthrow.

Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:58 am

Phoenix Wright wrote:
SoldierSunday wrote:

Lol that's pretty much all its good for, just like fthrow.

I think Fthrow has more uses than edgeguarding, at high %'s like 80 it can lead to techchase followups. Fthrow > Dtilt is pretty good as well.

" You know what neither Melee nor Brawl have ? Controller input history in training mode." - 228zip, 2013

Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:46 am

MGN Username: qqwxiron,IronH
SoldierSunday wrote:

I think I've seen it used for edge guarding in melee by trying to land a shine afterwards, and I have tryed this technique more than twice and it has worked for me atleast half of the times I have done it, but mainly because they are not expecting it I would guess.

♪ But first let me play another #friendly!

Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:45 am
BR Member

At higher percents it can tech-chase. I'm not even sure if you get a frame advantage coming out though, so I don't think it's really useful for anything else.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:14 pm
SSF2 Developer

Well, if your only goal is a tech chase I don't see why you would pick any throw other than dthrow, since it puts them right underneath you.

Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:36 pm
BR Member

Maybe so you can throw them to an edge?
Let's say that you're playing a Mario at 90%. Wouldn't it be better to bthrow them, wait, get a virtually guaranteed techchase because they have so few options, and usmash instead of dthrowing and hoping that they either don't tech or you get a read?

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:40 am
SSF2 Developer

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Maybe so you can throw them to an edge?
Let's say that you're playing a Mario at 90%. Wouldn't it be better to bthrow them, wait, get a virtually guaranteed techchase because they have so few options, and usmash instead of dthrowing and hoping that they either don't tech or you get a read?

With bthrow they have more DI options! They can DI in such a way that they don't need to tech at all, and then you lose your opportunity to get the tech chase. Unless they are a fast faller,in which case they don't have much choice. but if they are a floaty like Mario they can DI to avoid the
If you do dthrow, they have more tech options but only two DI options. Plus, any tech option they do you can cover. If you do bthrow, they first have to DI in such a way that they would tech, and THEN you have to run over to them and then you get to react to their limited tech options.

My perspective is a pretty textbook approach to these things. If one thing works on all characters I don't usually see a need to use a different tactic, its not very innovative but it doesn't matter if it's predictable if it's guaranteed ya know?

Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:25 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, SSB, SSBM
Guys, Guys can we stop fighting. Can we just come together and appreciate our love of Fox McCloud?

@Phoenix
Lol Mario floaty?

Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:47 am

I didn't know we were fighting lol.

A thing to use with fthrow is that if you see an opponent Ding in, you can fthrow > SH shine bair for an easy edgeguard/percent.

It's pretty situational but its still fun to do lol

Last edited by SoldierSunday on Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:57 am
 [ 565 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 38  Next