The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:44 pm

[ 1576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 106  Next
SSF2 Beta Bug Report/Troubleshooting Thread 

Watching a replay will default your "Tap-Jump" and D-Tap Dash" controls to on.

I've tested this with Luigi, Marth, and Pit by setting my controls, watching a replay, then going to training mode. It's very consistent so far. [I don't know if checking your controls again before going into a match affects anything, I went straight to training mode.]

Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:23 pm

MGN Username: MarkS
:chibirobo: Chibi's pick up move is still bugged after the second update/patch. Pretty much any projectile will still hit him after he picks it up, with status effects.

So for example, you pocket pichu's electric ball, but still get stunned and take electric damage. Same for ZSSamus's zapper thing.

You can 'pick up' Tails's orb but still get hit with it.

Oh and then you don't actually pick the projectile up. The game thinks you did, because next time you use down special the release animation plays but nothing comes out.

Can anyone else back this up? Not many chibi users, I want to know if it's just me.

:chibirobo: peace out.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:53 pm

MGN Username: FieldaGrass
Waifu: Isla
Pikachu occasionally has a really hard time using his up-b on the ground. Everything else would work, but for some reason specifically grounded up-b wouldn't work.

Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:59 pm

MGN Username: VanillaKunikida
Currently Playing: SSBU, SSF2, SIFAS
Waifu: Hanamaru Kunikida
In Pokemon Colosseum, a character whose "starting point" is at the farthest left of the stage starts in air.

Noticeable in training mode.

Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:54 am
YIM WWW

MGN Username: Knuckles for SSF2
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2
MarkS wrote:
:chibirobo: Chibi's pick up move is still bugged after the second update/patch. Pretty much any projectile will still hit him after he picks it up, with status effects.

So for example, you pocket pichu's electric ball, but still get stunned and take electric damage. Same for ZSSamus's zapper thing.

You can 'pick up' Tails's orb but still get hit with it.

Oh and then you don't actually pick the projectile up. The game thinks you did, because next time you use down special the release animation plays but nothing comes out.

Can anyone else back this up? Not many chibi users, I want to know if it's just me.

:chibirobo: peace out.

It's just you. I tested it with Ness and you can pick up his projectiles. Same with Samus, and Fox.

Ultimate Secondaries: Toon Link, R.O.B. Richter, Roy, King K Rool, Lucas

Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:40 am

The joystick's deadzone functionality is kind of broken at the moment.
Having the deadzone set any higher than 0 can prevent the stick from returning to neutral and affect subsequent inputs (and happens about 75% of the time for me).

For example, I use a GCN controller with the deadzone for the c-stick set to 20 and the radius at 70 (the defaults). If I push right on the c-stick and let go, sometimes the input shows that it's still pushed to the right but slightly under the deadzone. If I then push straight down, the result is a slightly diagonal input.

The higher you set the deadzone, the worst the problem gets. It consistently will get stuck right under the deadzone. So the higher it's set, the more severe it manipulates your next inputs. The only current fix is to have your deadzone set to 0 which isn't much of a fix since that'll result in other mis-inputs. Here are some images illustrating what I mean.

The c-stick at neutral.
After pushing it all the way to the right and letting go.
Pushing the c-stick all the way straight down afterwards.

Here I set the deadzone to 50 to show that the problem gets significantly worse the higher it's set.
After pushing to the right and returning it to neutral.
Pushing straight down afterwards.

Please fix this. It makes the game feel extremely sluggish to play with a controller and ends up forcing a ton of mis-inputs. (Like a fair coming out instead of a dair which can cost a match).

Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:31 pm

MGN Username: ProLuigi
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2 Demo v0.9b, Pokemon Moon
Sora is missing a screen k.o sound effect.

Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:25 pm

FieldaGrass wrote:
Pikachu occasionally has a really hard time using his up-b on the ground. Everything else would work, but for some reason specifically grounded up-b wouldn't work.

I made an account to report this issue, it seems as though there's some kind of issue that happens after landing on the ground in lag from his side-b Skull Bash where he won't be able to use up-b on the ground afterwards.

Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:01 pm

Currently Playing: Melee, SSF2
Waifu: I'm not a weeb
If Zero suit samus times a short-hop side-B (or just a landing side-B) correctly, she can grab the ledge from on-stage.

I made a video showing it here: https://youtu.be/NfwEcqYJ4ss

Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:06 pm

New broken :luffy: glitch, if you grab someone with up-B as you're landing, the opponent will freeze forever unless you use a move, and will cause a weird effect if you use a grab-special move, where the opponent gets stuck on your arms while using them until the max distance (gif will explain it better):

How to perform the glitch: show

When you use side-b after the glitch: show

When you use up-b after the glitch: show

When you use neutral-b after the glitch: show

Using any attack move will only unfreeze the opponent once its animation is fully finished, except if...

ADVANCED FREEZE

If you use your grab as an opponent is frozen, you're free to move around and use any of your moves, these won't unfreeze him:
Advanced freeze: show

You can even hit him with low knockback moves, only a decent knockback will unfreeze him:
low knockback: show

And you can change the frozen opponent animation with down-b once he's advanced frozen if you want to mess with him more:
Changing animation: show

It also allows you to freeze another ennemy, since you're free to use up-b again, making it even dumber looking:
Dance Party: show

Now I've got no idea why I went so deep into this glitch, but I thought it was so funny I wanted to try stuff before it gets patched, so here you go, can't really get more precise than that :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy: :luffy:

BONUS Dumb stuff to do with the glitch beside stalling: show

(Pretty sure if I had two pairs of hands I could have gone through the stage from below with DK)

Come on, shake your body baby, do the conga
I know you can't control yourself any longer

Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:00 pm

If any character that can crawl uses d-tilt while crawling and stops holding forward/backward while d-tilting, the crawl animation will continue to play after the d-tilt even though the character is not moving in either direction.

Also G&W's screen KO shows the red skin instead of the default

And when stage effects are set to simple or disabled, Rainbow Route has a large invisible trapezoid under it (I'm assuming it's because of the new slant, but nonetheless it's still completely invisible)

Oh and when characters double jump right under a stage with a flat bottom (Rainbow Route, 3DS, Smashville, Desk, and the right side ceiling of skull fortress, but NOT Meteo Campaigns and NOT Steel Diver) there are multiple spots where they can get stuck, as if there's an invisible bump blocking their way. This is most noticeable with characters that have multiple double jumps.

In Addition, Meta Knight, Peach, Bowser*, DK*, Link, Zelda, Sheik*, Pit*, Mr. G&W*, Mega Man, Pac-Man*, and Goku* are all unable to fit between the main stage and the small island on the right on Crateria. Characters given an asterisk are unable to grab ledge, and unasterisked characters are unable to grab ledge with their double jump but are able to grab it with up-b. Mega man is an exception because he can also grab it with double jump. Meta knight can grab it with every special except neutral b. For the sake of clarity, I made a video showing it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sre1exPHq5M

Zero Suit Samus' and Farmer Gok- I mean Luffy's side-b's, as well as Samus' and Link's zair are able to grab this same ledge on Crateria through the small island. They all can do it the other way, too.

While this may not necessarily be a bug, the darker colored bricks that make the walls on the sides of castle siege look like they should be in the background, which is confusing if you don't already know they aren't.

Finally, CPU's get caught on this little ledge on Hyrule Castle, shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW0Os4yq27s

OK I lied about the finally, here's a glitch with the Fox AI where he just jumps in place in his spawn position on Palutena's Shrine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chdZUs9yU0I

Also another quick note, sometimes when I grab ledge with link's up-b, I get the zair ledge grab animation, but I don't know why yet. I've gotten it to happen twice on Crateria in the gap while I was messing with his zair.

EDIT: May or may not be the same thing, but if you ledge cancel Link's Zair and immediately grab ledge, the Zair ledge grab animation plays. This might be possible with Samus, but if it is, it's really hard to do.

EDIT 2: I forgot to mention when I was writing down the crawl animation glitch, but if autodash is enabled and you press forward/backward while crouching to crawl, your character will quickly dash for a second before crouching down to crawl again. While this may be intentional, it feel that the character should at the very least continue dashing, though I believe that just crawling would be better.

EDIT 3: I forgot to add that C-stick down and C-stick Away from ledge still do a ledge attack. While you do not have to adhere to the smash series, I feel that this feature was helpful when you don't want to move away from ledge or fastfall.

EDIT 4: OK so the whole ledge grabbing with side b's and zairs through stuff is very evident on a ton of other stages, like Saffron City, Fourside, and Gangplank Galleon.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:43 pm

to do this glitch you need yoshi on the tenkaichi budokai stage yoshi must swallow the enemy and make him hit the grass with hazards on, they become zombies that can't be killed again i had a team with yoshi and link on green, and black mage with sonic on blue using the most recent update on windows :yoshi:

Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:21 pm

MGN Username: VanillaKunikida
Currently Playing: SSBU, SSF2, SIFAS
Waifu: Hanamaru Kunikida
With proper timing, peach's fsmash can "reflect" the home-run bat.

Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:33 am
YIM WWW

When two grabs clank, it's completely silent

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:09 pm

Saving the turnips is legit impossible

Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:26 am
 [ 1576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 106  Next