The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:08 am

Forum rules

Anyone is free to post new topics here now. However please limit yourself to 3 maximum posts of your own per month, and absolutely NO debate topics!

Also please be mindful of what articles others post and try to show some variety. Posting multiple articles that are too similar could disinterest people from your topic.

[ 4 posts ] 
Comcast to Limit Bandwith Usage 
Legendary Ghost

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26444853/

Comcast will now be implementing a new policy where normal consumers will only be able to download/upload 250 GBs or information.

WHAT THE F*CK.
I recently had my cable company taken over by Comcast, so yeah... Connection to a network is like a basic utility like water or electricity for some people these days. You can't just go shutting it off (unless they don't pay for it). But really, what about those stupid flash ads and things like that? I'm not paying to download those things. I REALLY would hate to have them eat away at my monthly usage. What if someone hacks my network encryption and starts downloading 15 movies? I'd be screwed for a month. And what about people whose jobs depend on a connection to a network? You just gonna cut them off? I think Comcast needs to spend more money upgrading it's network and not buying up local companies.

Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:15 pm

Wow, I'm glad I don't have cable internet

Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:16 pm
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
Your complaining?

Seriously?

I got the "best" and most expensive cable internet available in my country, I'm allowed to download 20 gig, a month.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:34 pm

Hakker wrote:
Your complaining?

Seriously?

I got the "best" and most expensive cable internet available in my country, I'm allowed to download 20 gig, a month.

People take things for granted.

Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:04 pm
 [ 4 posts ]