The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 1:11 pm

[ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Captain Falcon 

MGN Username: MaskedShadow2017
Currently Playing: the game called "the struggle of life."
Waifu: Don't need one.
Yes, bro Knees of Justice for days!!!

Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:30 pm

just found out something new about captain falcon, the up-air(bicycle kick) can also be used to meteor smash opponents :) :nod: :nod: but only when damage % is high like 140%
:goku:

Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:57 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
The uair's later hitboxes just send on a low trajectory, but it's very weak. At high percents, usually around 100% for middle weight characters, it starts putting them into tumble. Naturally, at high percents the amount of knockback they receive starts to become very noticeable.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:04 pm

Godot wrote:
The uair's later hitboxes just send on a low trajectory, but it's very weak. At high percents, usually around 100% for middle weight characters, it starts putting them into tumble. Naturally, at high percents the amount of knockback they receive starts to become very noticeable.

True dat

Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:11 pm

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
TJR wrote:
just found out something new about captain falcon, the up-air(bicycle kick) can also be used to meteor smash opponents :) :nod: :nod: but only when damage % is high like 140%

Thats not really new :P You were able to do that with Ganondorf in Super Smash Bros Melee.

Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:56 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
And CF in Melee, and Mario to a lesser extent, and all of them in the Smash games beyond that. So yeah, pretty common.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:39 am

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
And CF in Melee, and Mario to a lesser extent, and all of them in the Smash games beyond that. So yeah, pretty common.

oh well im only a ssf2 player so to me its new

Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:40 pm

MGN Username: SickHakma
Currently Playing: Game
Make knee hitbox goofy af like sm4sh

Amazarashi
YouTube Video:

Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:52 am

YouTube Video:

ggs to sorabotics

Any falcon players thoughts on the matchup or how to improve at it? I don't think I'm very good but I think that reverse nair downthrow double knee was cool and it shows how bad this matchup can be for peach if you make it that way

Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:30 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
JDMN wrote:
[ https://youtu.be/00-auvq-ibg ]
ggs to sorabotics

Any falcon players thoughts on the matchup or how to improve at it? I don't think I'm very good but I think that reverse nair downthrow double knee was cool and it shows how bad this matchup can be for peach if you make it that way

gj on a number of jabs to stuff whatever Peach is doing, iirc you converted each one into a grab which gives you more damage. Sorabotics DI'd pretty much every upthrow out, and it made it hard for followups as a result. If you want pure followups, your best throws are dthrow and fthrow. Fthrow is really good for Falcon, and against floatier characters like Peach you can convert into stomp (Jammy may not like me telling Falcons to do that but whatev :pikachu: )

The reason one would want to use upthrow in this MU is to get Peach above you. If you get Peach above you, you can abuse your high priority up air to deal damage. That said, he nair is so good it beats uair. Which means you have to punish a misstimed nair on her part while coming down, or you set her up above a platform so you can punish nair's landing lag should she perform one and then land on the platform.

Nair was catching you off a lot in neutral. To combat this, you need to intercept Peach and move around more. If you move around more, you can outspace her nair and get an opening. If you are going to run out of space to move to, you'll need to use platforms (but don't be predictable when using the platforms to escape pressure). Peach's mobility is not that good, so I think that platform camping works good, especially is you come down with high priority aerials like uair and bair. As for intercepting, any time Peach is on a platform you can look to challenge her. Be careful about platform drop nair (so you can't challenge her immediately. If the Peach doesn't do this then go ahead, but if they do it once then you know), but there's this moment where she is on the platform and you let her get off of it and not only does she get off of the platform without any pressure, you get hit by nair and then damage ensues :S

You used bair a little bit, but you could have used it more. It has a lot of priority, and that moment where Peach was behind you and you where in shield right after doing a bair was a perfect opportunity for another one.

Overall though, not bad imo. I give you kudos for playing this MU in online mode, which will make it hard to punish anything lol. When a Peach does nair->nair in neutral, its REALLY hard to punish, only 5 frames between one nair ending and the other one coming out. Just focus on improving your movement and intercepting her with uair while she's midair without getting hit by nair. This MU would be p good for Falcon is Peach's nair wasn't so good lol.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:49 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
This is me continuing to shill, but damn Falcon's jab is sooo good against floaties. Single-hit nair combos into it, and so you can get near-guaranteed nair -> jab -> dash cancel jab -> knee or usmash against floaties like Peach and it gives you a great way to end stocks.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:07 pm

MGN Username: OmegaZero
Currently Playing: Undertale,Golden Sun 2,Disgaea 4,WipEout 2048
Waifu: [Sample Text]
Geno wrote:
Discuss Captain Falcon specific gameplay here.

Actualmente creo que Falcon NO tiene buenos movimientos y en sentido de ataques es len
to pero cabe destacar que son poderosos.La recuperación es buena ya que si se le ataca a alguien con esta,se puede utilizar de nuevo.En general es un buen luchador yo le daría 6 puntos de 10.

SSF2 MAINS: :link: :blackmage: :megaman: :ness: :isaac: (En el futuro)

SSF2 SECUNDARIOS: :mario: :bomberman: :metaknight: :pikachu:

Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:19 pm
YIM

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
Gamerotaku12 wrote:
Geno wrote:
Discuss Captain Falcon specific gameplay here.

Actualmente creo que Falcon NO tiene buenos movimientos y en sentido de ataques es len
to pero cabe destacar que son poderosos.La recuperación es buena ya que si se le ataca a alguien con esta,se puede utilizar de nuevo.En general es un buen luchador yo le daría 6 puntos de 10.

English translation via Google
I think Falcon currently does not have good sense movements and attacks, but note that they are powerful. Recovery is good because if you attack someone with this, you can use general nuevo. He is a good fighter, I would give it 6 points out of 10.

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:21 pm

Hey. 20GX is a video series I'm making about falcons metagame. Please watch and enjoy!

Episode 1: Pivoting and Ledge stuff!

YouTube Video:

To do list: IASA stuffs, Jab trapping, Combo tricks and tips [pvp clips in this one], Even more ledge and gimp in stuff, and Knee setup guide. That's all that's planned for now. Suggesting would be nice.

Criticism would be nice! I don't mind any hate, I'm very new to video editing and production!
(If you didn't notice. I also made a thread about this in the smash section)

Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:52 pm

MGN Username: SickHakma
Currently Playing: Game
Any things to look out for when fighting a Hammer heavy Kirby?

Amazarashi
YouTube Video:

Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:38 pm
 [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next