The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 4:52 am

[ 2183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 146  Next
Official Naruto Manga Topic 

Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash, Super Smash Flash 2, Super Smash Bros. Crusade, Naruto Shippuden: Shinobi Rumble
Maybe you misunderstand was Heart(and Kishi) are saying.
When he said years maybe it doesn't means 10-15 years, but maybe some 2-5 years, and while the popularity and success built up maybe he purposely extended it so the story could last longer.
Some writers usually make their mangas longer that usual when they sell well, like Oda did. (Did you knew that One Piece was originally going to be a 5 year long manga?)

And one usually calls a mangaka "sensei" as a sign of respect, I don't do it myself cuz I'm to lazy to type it and I find the term kinda redundant. But if you ask me, every famous mangaka deserves to be called sensei once in a while.

Main 1: Image
Main 2: Image
Main 3: Image

naruto shippuden fanart of Ness_Success: show
ImageImage

Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:04 pm

Waifu: You!
Bastardizing his name and using an honorific that isn't even in your native language doesn't seem like respect to me.

Again, he shouldn't be regarded so highly in my opinion when there are much better mangaka out there

Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:33 pm

MGN Username: NessSuccess
Currently Playing: Smash Bros
THoT wrote:
Bastardizing his name and using an honorific that isn't even in your native language doesn't seem like respect to me.

Again, he shouldn't be regarded so highly in my opinion when there are much better mangaka out there

Who cares? He's my favorite mangaka. It shouldn't bother you if other people respect him so much.

Also I wasn't saying the Uchiha symbol was based on the moon. It was always supposed to be a fan, but I was saying I wonder if he planned out having the crescent moon incorporated into the symbol.

3DS FC: 1633-4280-9596
NNID: Ness_Success

Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:07 pm
YIM WWW

Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash, Super Smash Flash 2, Super Smash Bros. Crusade, Naruto Shippuden: Shinobi Rumble
Well since Sasuke will recreate the Uchiha clan, it's more than likely that he will change more than just the ideals of the clan.
But personally, I like how the symbol is now. Always did.

ImageImage

Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:22 pm

Currently Playing: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
THoT wrote:
The Uchiha symbol was never based on the moon, it's based on a fan that is used to make fires larger (an uchiwa)

Also you do know that they don't plan story arcs for years in advance in serialized manga unless they get enough popularity that they ensure readership?
Glorifying Kishimoto (I don't know why you call him sensei lmao what) as a genius of literature is pretty dumb

This chapter was pretty good though I guess, I wish Guy actually died though

Using -sensei as an honorific in this context just means that you acknowledge Kishi as a respected artist using that term of endearment. And yeah, though he's not the best mangaka out there, and though the manga had been dragging as of late (IMO). he's still a respected artist. Not like you have to, and in fact, I just refer to him diminutively as Kishi, but I don't think you should harp on people who do use respectful titles.

And before you start on the whole "you're not Japanese" thing, that doesn't matter. It sure as hell doesn't stop Karate Renshi, Kyoshi and Hanshi from getting called "Sensei" by American students, (nor does it stop Martial Arts students from answering commands with "Osu.") nor did it stop the "-San" honorific from being used a s*** back in the day, in reference to "The Karate Kid", just to give a few examples. Just like how the fact that Americans aren't French doesn't stop them from saying things like "Madame," "laissez faire," "déjà vu," "rendez-vous," "faux pas," "au pair," "fiancé," etc.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:22 am

yeah but using French words doesn't make them sound like weeaboo faggots

Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:37 am

RAWS!!!

Naruto 673 just got leaked online! Just the first 3 pages, but it's still something.
If you don't want to get spoiled, you are free to wait for the translated version, but if you know japanese and you can't wait to know what's gonna happen, then I would like to share the link with you, if it's okay.

http://www.mangabee.com/Naruto/673/

If we are going to discuss this 3 pages then I suggest we use the spoiler tag for those who wanna wait for the translated version. I will start.

Looks like Naruto became the All-Jinchuriki, the only thing that I would find cooler than that new Rasenshuriken is if he can use the chakra cloak of each Tailed Beast. I don't know you guys, but I really wanted to see the powers of a reincarnated One-Tailed Jincuriki.

ImageImage

Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:31 pm

MGN Username: NessSuccess
Currently Playing: Smash Bros
How the hell does a leak like that happen??

That's pretty cool though, can't wait to read the full chapter.

3DS FC: 1633-4280-9596
NNID: Ness_Success

Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:03 pm
YIM WWW

psst hey hey psst

the stores have to actually have the magazine before they sell it

try using your brain

Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:09 pm

Yeah I was shocked too.
And also kinda dissapointed of only having 3 pages.
But it still got me hyped. :wee:

ImageImage

Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:11 pm

Waifu: You!
None of you f*** know

WSJ know has QR codes you can scan which give you a 3 page preview of the next chapter

psst kyuubit don't post about it if you don't even know

Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:32 am

fight me irl

Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:45 am

Currently Playing: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle
[NU] wrote:
How the hell does a leak like that happen??

That's pretty cool though, can't wait to read the full chapter.

It was part of a Shonen Jump campaign where the first few pages of each new chapter got released early. I think the same happened for other SJ manga as well.

I recall hearing that this will be the last. Probably because this is most likely the last chapter before Golden Week.

Kyuubit Level Three wrote:
yeah but using French words doesn't make them sound like weeaboo faggots

Bah. f*** that "weaboo f*****" s*** spiel of yours. Your personality still hasn't changed. Not like there's a reason for that to happen, though.

Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:19 am

Any chapter featuring Madara being made to eat s*** is A OK by me. I am rarin' for more, let's see it finally come to a close

Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:14 am

For one side, my prediction of Sasuke awakening the Rinnegan was right.
For the other side, only one eye? And the Ten-Tails eye?
But I'm glad to see that this series is still unpredictable, and can't wait for the next chapter.

And if Naruto is so badass now, how will it be his new Tailed-Beast Mode?

ImageImage

Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:28 am
 [ 2183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 146  Next