The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 3:08 pm

[ 606 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41
Album a day in February -- with MG! 
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Sekiro, Persona 4
Waifu: That’s right. PS4.
i've listened to it twice before but wasnt really paying attention each time (oops)
i think im gonna like it

Blue wrote:
lol Cry more, Terminex. f*** f**. lolololololol What a b****.

Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:33 am
Site Moderator

Currently Playing: Dota 2, BoI: Rebirth, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, MGSV
I've been pretty busy so I haven't made a chart yet but I know which ones I want to listen to so I'll still share my thoughts here tonight

AMA

Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:51 pm
Site Moderator

So heads up a lot of these albums are "hey that's a neat song I just played in Rock Band 4 I'm gonna listen to that album" lol
That said:

Wildewoman by Lucius
So I heard Turn it Around in Rock Band 4 and thought it was pretty neat! The rest of the album is pretty different, but still good. It's more slow and moody than Turn it Around would lead you to think it would be. Two of Us On the Run and Until We Get There are two beautiful tracks. The overall album is more like those two.

Rating: pretty nice

AMA

Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:28 pm
Site Admin

so i managed to listen to all three albums i had ready for this week in about a day lol

Massive Attack - Ritual Spirit EP
holy f*** massive attack put out a good release for the first time in like 12 years. i'm so glad. this thing is extremely promising, with a fantastic lineup. the direction the group has moved in is absolutely stellar, a huge step up from heligoland. highly recommended listening. 8.5/10.
Preview: Ritual Spirit

Telefon Tel Aviv - Fahrenheit Fair Enough
this was a very interesting album, calm and tranquil with a lot of glitchy electronic melodies and beats. it was really nice to listen to on a gloomy/rainy day like today. i enjoyed it a lot and i'm definitely gonna be listening to it again. 7/10.
Preview: TTV

Badbadnotgood and The Ghostface Killah - Sour Soul
i've listened to this album a few times before but this time tried to pay as close attention as possible. it was good! i enjoyed the production regardless of how ambivalent i am towards BBNG's previous music, ghostface delivers pretty good on this record. not his BEST work but it's pretty great. the features are all pretty fantastic. it's not a game changing record or a mind blowing one but it was enjoyable. i liked it! 6/10.

Preview: Food

wee!

Blue wrote:

Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:11 pm
Site Moderator

Hey my bad I've been pretty busy and will try to do at least 2-3 albums a week from now on.

Benjamin Booker by Benjamin Booker
So I heard Violent Shiver in Rock Band 4 and thought it was pretty neat! I love this guy's blues rock sound. The rest of the album has the same sound and his voice was made for this genre. There aren't any particular other tracks I'd like to mention but if you like Violent Shiver you'll like the rest of it.

AMA

Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:11 am
Site Admin

Archagathus - Canadian Horse
pretty awesome grindcore, funny and super enjoyable with great vocals and excellent guitar work. definitely something i'll listen to more times. 7.5/10
Preview: Soap a Dope

Casualties of Cool - Casualties of Cool
this SUCKS!!!!!!! just kidding term lol
Fans of Devin Townsend will feel pretty at home here I guess, His vocals and singing styles are really growing on me. I don't think I like this one as much as Ki but it feels very kin with it. Some of the tracks are a little blendy but it has no bad moments. The woman that sings on these songs has a fantastic voice as well and hers complements Devin's pretty well. I imagine this is the type of album that is absolutely perfect for long drives. It has a really pretty awesome atmosphere and it's overall a good listen, I really enjoyed it quite a bit. I'll listen to it again definitely. 6.5/10
Preview: Flight

Ulver - ATGCLVLSSCAP
Ulver are one of my all time favorite groups. They put out some of the greatest Black Metal albums ever in the 90's and since then they've innovated and experimented with a bunch of different genres. Some of their output (Perdition City, A Quick Fix of Melancholy, Metamorphosis) is some of my all time favorite music. This new record is kind of a summing up of all their post-BM music. It's pretty long, and it's almost all live material. Some of it being remixes / revisions of older songs. Overall I absolutely adored it, as a fan it was a fantastic summary of their career after Nattens and I loved pretty much every second of it. It's quite long and if you're new to Ulver I wouldn't quite say it's a good starting point, but if you're a fan of the band I'd absolutely check it out. 8/10
Preview: Moody Stix

pchoo!

Blue wrote:

Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:25 pm
 [ 606 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41