The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:26 pm

[ 11 posts ] 
Eli Grant 

Name: Eli Grant

Race: Texan

Mini-Bio: After a huge blowout with his family when he was young, Eli started practically living on the streets. He only went back to his house to eat and sleep, accessing his room through a ladder to his window and having his parents drop his food off in his room. His time out on the streets he spent anywhere he could find to hang out, mostly in the library, where he usually sat and read over-the-top comics. During this time, he often got into fights, which made him good at fighting and got him a reputation amongst gangs as "stupidly annoying". Eli ended up as somewhat of a social outcast at his school, having low grades and being ignored by everybody and every group as he was:
Too stupid to be a nerd.
Too tough to be a dork.
Too dorky to be a tough guy.
And too EVERYTHING to be normal.
So he was essentially screwed.

Appearance: Eli has dark tan skin and messy, jet black hair that he ties into a pony tail, minor build and is about 4 foot 5". His common outfit consists of dark brown striped corduroy jeans, a loose black tee shirt, and brown leather jacket that he tends to wear open and stole from his dad. He wares lace-less black shoes since he never learned how to tie laces. He has surprisingly good dental condition, despite his showers being few and far between. Though this is his usual outfit, during winter he settles for a tench coat and heavily duct-taped steel toe boots. Most of his clothes are worn out and patched by his grandmother, not that he wold really admit to that. He himself is quite dirty and tends to smell. Approach with caution and/or gas-mask.

Personality: Typically calm and bored when not doing anything, he is usually unfazed when insulted. Whenever he reads comics, watches an action movie, or is in discussion of said subjects he becomes especially childish and dorky, but is usually somewhat dorky in general. He isn't downright stupid, but pretty dumb, and from this develops a habit of scratching his head in confusion. Alot. Whenever someone tries to socialize with him he usually tends to do stupid things like choke on his own spit, gawk at said someone in surprise confusion, or fall off the bus (It's a habit of his) due to his status of a complete loser. He loves to fight, and tries to pick fights on the street when he hasn't 'had his fix' of violence, and while fighting is usually very serious or very overconfident and rowdy, depending on the situation.

Talents: Fighting and....... er.... gimmie a sec.................... damn.

Hobbies: Fighting, reading comics, skipping school, watching movies, eating, and breathing. In that order.

Alright! That was my first character bio! I didn't put much emphasis on story for 3 reasons:
1: I wanted to focus more on his personality
2: I can't make stories for crap
3: I want to leave his story a little bit blank to be able to change it up for RPs.

Anyway, tell me what you think! Suggestions and help are much appreciated!

Last edited by iamhappy! on Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:27 pm

Currently Playing: Mandolin
I see no grammatical problems.

While it is your character and you can write it how you like, people here are annoyed by Japanese style characters because everyone has done them a million times over.

With appearance, go into more detail about body structure and such. I, and others, always like appearance to be at least a paragraph, to give sufficient detail.

Oh and if Kyzak comes along, take his criticisms seriously and fix them, because he gives the most detail when it comes to critique.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:36 pm

Thanks! I guess I feel back on Japanese because I find it easier to make names for Japanese characters. I probably could interchange that just changing manga to comic and topknot to pony tail. The physical description I admit I slacked on because I had a picture of it in my head but I didn't think about specifics to much. It's a WIP, so I'm thankful for the critisism.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:46 pm

Currently Playing: Mandolin
If you need names, I'll link you to the site I use.

http://www.behindthename.com/
http://surnames.behindthename.com/
Has a good amount of first and last names from all over the world.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:48 pm

Big thanks! I think I'm going to change it up, as an American character is starting to sound much more appealing. Probably gonna go for a simple name so I don't dwell to much on it.

Edit: EDITED!
(redundant much?)
Added alot more to the appearance and of course changed his name. Simple, but I like it. Oh, and I made him Texan because it seemed to fit.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:02 pm

MGN Username: Hadou
Currently Playing: Hella rpgs
Eli? Really?

I feel....used......

Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:17 pm

Moriya Minakata wrote:
Eli? Really?

I feel....used......

What, is that your name?

If so, then I might be stalking you :wee:

Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:54 pm

MGN Username: Hadou
Currently Playing: Hella rpgs
:shifty:

Great bio. Way better than my first.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:01 pm

Moriya Minakata wrote:
:shifty:

Great bio. Way better than my first.

8-)

Much obliged, good sir.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:52 pm

...Huh, not bad, to be perfectly honest. I... er... uh... well. I can't seem to think of anything else to say. Usually takes more than one edit to make something like this. Oh well; I'm not complaining. Good job.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:06 am

Many thanks!

Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:06 pm
 [ 11 posts ]