The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:46 pm

[ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Ichigo Kurosaki 

Currently Playing: with your heart, girl *booing ensues*
does :ichigo: 's d-throw still spike at the ledge? i can't seem to nail it. also RIP Windboxes you will be missed

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:27 pm

MGN Username: RayK47
Waifu: Donald Glover
LilGuardianLuigi wrote:
does :ichigo: 's d-throw still spike at the ledge? i can't seem to nail it. also RIP Windboxes you will be missed

Unfortunately not anymore :(
D-Throw is still really useful if you chase and follow it up with an Up-Smash/Up-Air to start juggling/B-Air to kill :nod:

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:32 pm

I really like Ichigo in Beta. He is really fun to play, and it is fun to mess around with people with the constant teleporting.

Coming in from 9b, I played fox :fox: , who I had fun with, however, going into Beta I was expecting to play falco, because I love watching PPMD in melee, however, I started by playing Pit :pit: first to get a grip on my fundamentals before I specialized into a main.

However, one day when just randomly playing against CPU's on random, I got ichigo :ichigo: , in 9b, I liked playing him, and messing around with the double jump, fair and dash attack, but he felt too slow and sluggish for me personally to enjoy too much, but I had no idea of his changes in Beta, so when I saw his run speed and frame with the teleporting from double jumping, F-airs, Airdoddges, Rolls, Dash Attack and down tilt making him feel faster, more technical and tricky than he is, I fell in love :love: .

He is very fun to play with fast and fluid movement and strings, with greeat kill power to back it up. However, bar none, my favourite thing to do as ichigo is

short hop - fair- double jump - fair - airdodge - rollback - shorthop - (hit) fair wavedash - dash attack - f-smash (drifting back and forth all the while)

I can feel the confusion in my opponenets while I am disappearing all over the place, sometimes they even panic smash attack while I am teleporing around in front of them. When I hit them with the dash attack, most don't even realize what is happening and eat the f-smash in the face. :xd:

So just thought I would share this, Ichigo is amazing to play in Beta and is currently competing with Falco for main status

Main: :falco: vs :ichigo:
Secondary: :megaman:
Fundamentals Practice: :pit:

Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:49 pm

Ichigo has always been a nuisance in online where lag makes landing smash attacks (and not being punished for whiffs) far more commonplace. Speaking from experience, Ichigo's speed seems really overwhelming, but his aerials actually have pretty poor coverage above him (except Uair with high landing lag and an eternity of ending frames) and a lot of his combos are subject to DI. Save good edgeguards, Ichigo relies heavily on down-B--> F/U smash or just getting a hard read to close a stock. Uair is completely stripped of kill power, and this is definitely to his detriment because characters feel less scared to be above him.

Mid-high tier is a good spot for him, but I suspect he'll only drop because his weight and lack of reliable vertical kills will drag him down.

Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:29 pm

MGN Username: moGi
Currently Playing: MGR:R, GE3, etc MHXX
Waifu: Lancer Arthuria P.
Dunno if anyone noticed this but his walk speed becomes as fast as his running speed after doing the fair slide

black keys will be removed in the future anyways

*sniff*

Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:37 am

MGN Username: Jeffdebrine
Currently Playing: Ssf2,ssbb,mariokart wii
Waifu: zero suit samus
there' is something else i seen in training.

:ichigo: downB can be canceled by pressing up then downB a few frames after (NOT GOOD WITH FRAME DATA)about 2-3.

after their input ichigo should shorthop or probably just stand .

DB cancel

In beta ill see :gameandwatch: and pit

Secondaries:
:pikachu:

Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:45 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
...landing lag.^

Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:17 pm

MGN Username: Jeffdebrine
Currently Playing: Ssf2,ssbb,mariokart wii
Waifu: zero suit samus
MaskofTruth wrote:
...landing lag.^

:ichigo: :ichigo: are you serious :ichigo: :ichigo:

In beta ill see :gameandwatch: and pit

Secondaries:
:pikachu:

Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:58 am

Waifu: Wii Fit Trainer! ;)
You know... Somehow his forward smash still one of the strongest in the whole game while uncharged... Deals moderated damage and a ton of knockback, maybe only losing to Bowser's...
Definetly one of his greatest kill options... I like to lock the opponent with dair or down b to guarantee the kill after fsmash.

Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:31 pm

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
I reckon that Ichigo's new Getsuga Tenshou should take slightly less time to fully charge. Otherwise, I'm happy with this rework

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:43 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
It deals ~9% and doesn't stall in mid-air anymore...

Also, was Ichi able to get to the low platform of WarioWare? cuz I swear he can't do it in one jump

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:46 am

https://giphy.com/gifs/bW5x44fIpySic

Currently, the matchup against Kirby is unwinnable.

A scrubby :ichigo: main.
Shameless plugs:
Twitter
Youtube

If only I could participate in tournaments ;_;

Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:05 am

Well, this character is now broken (but still amazing to play) but he feels dirty to use. As in, dash attack shhould not kill. He is too fast with too many kill options for a burst movement option as broken as dash attack to kill.If you don't spam it and use it for surprise movement and attack, you can kill way too early to feel honest about using him

Not even to mention the new Neutral B which can wall out unsuspecting people so easily at this point. His recovery is only slightly worse to compensate, and his neutral B can still aid your recovery.

I easily see him being top 5 in beta. His only bad matchup however os Kirby, which is 0-3.6 trillion in Kirby's favour (mclad gming fax thos) https://giphy.com/gifs/bW5x44fIpySic

But then again, I am pretty much a n00b, just scraping Silver on Anther's so he could only be broken at low level.

Main: :ichigo:

Secondary: :megaman: (spammy)

For fun: Everyone, SSF2 is just fun.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:52 pm

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
Assault wrote:
As in, dash attack should not kill.

Welcome to Smash 4 Link, enjoy your stay. :sandbag:

Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:53 pm

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
Okay, maybe I do have a few more things to say about his fully charged Neutral-B

I think it should either go faster or last longer (preferably the latter), atm it just kinda chugs along and disappears before it can hit anyone except at super close range. Also, it's easier to reflect than its uncharged counterpart, which kinda negates its purpose as a "more effective move"

Either that or I'd drop the knockback down just a tiny notch so that it can trap the opponent and rack up more damage for a wee bit longer. I mean, all that charging time should be made worthwhile, yeah?

Either that or drop down the charge time like I mentioned earlier. It's just that right now the reward doesn't feel like it's worth the risk imo
Jan_Solo wrote:
It doesn't stall in mid-air anymore...

And because of this it's almost impossible to release an effective fully charged Getsuga Tenshou in the air, meaning that it no longer can function as a situational hazard that opponents must avoid as they can't reflect it (which would allow Ichigo to approach the opponent more easily and work his magic). If the stall doesn't return then cutting down the charge time would fix this sufficiently too, but eh I wouldn't really complain if this strategy never returned

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:27 am
 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next