The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 2:48 pm

[ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Goku 
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Discuss Goku specific game-play here.

Mon May 29, 2017 1:50 pm

MGN Username: obi_nation
Currently Playing: with my limit!
he kinda feels the same, except for an increase in dash speed. but I find him more fun. kinda miss the old dsmash :/

Mon May 29, 2017 9:07 pm

His instant transmission is a command grab now, holy moly. Doesn't grab players on lowest platform of rainbow route if you're grounded, but if you short hop IT you can grab. I imagine it'd work similarly on battlefield or other plats. Also has an additional kick when you connect depending on direction you hold I believe? Maybe it's just the initial direction you teleport. Either way this is pretty huge.

Mon May 29, 2017 11:17 pm

MGN Username: thdhted
Currently Playing: Smash 4, Pokemon Omega Ruby,Halo 4
Goku needs a nerf to his back throw stat. It's a free chaingrab on what appears to be most of the cast, and depending on the weight of the character in question, is inescapable until at least 80% some characters if caught near the ledge can be quite literally zero/deathed by backthrow chaingrabbing.

Tue May 30, 2017 10:12 pm

MGN Username: MGoku9
Currently Playing: SSF2, Crash Tag Team Racing, Dragon Ball Budokai 2
I kinda like the buffs he got and his new dsmash, but... Now, he looks like he needs to rely more on Kaio-ken tbh.
I like the way they get more different from each other in each version. Can KK Goku have his v0.8b U-Smash (or even a nerfed version of it) back?
Why isn't this topic called Son Goku? That's his full name.

I am the base for Event #11: Laagggggg

== SSF2 ==
Flash Card #10

RIP Forums. Hope you're having a good day, though! Unless you main Marth /s.

Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:10 pm

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
Gregory Goku wrote:
Can KK Goku have his v0.8b U-Smash (or even a nerfed version of it) back?

+1

Also I find it hilarious that he now screams his side taunt SFX whenever he turns Kaio-Ken

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:18 am

It's more suiting. The transformation is rather painful to use. I like his new dsmash, it reminds me of the technique he used to distract Freeza to while Goku was pushed back under one of Planet Namek's lakes.

Kinda sad that KK's d-air doesn't meteor anymore, but I guess that nerf was needed.

I also feel like his Instantaneous Movement technique as gotten a bit more range, but maybe that's me.

Ultimately, I'm happy with the way Goku is.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:51 am

Why is the chain throw still here? Melee chain throws at least required DI reads or risky setups; this one's just a free 0-60% from any grab with no input from the user. And its a 0 to death on heavies near the ledge. This belongs in UMVC3, not smash. All it needs is a few frames of end lag, not 1.

Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:43 pm

Yeah all i gotta say is dsmash priority and backthrow chaingrab lmao. More free than marths from 9b.

Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:32 pm

MGN Username: Wodahs1951
Currently Playing: Myself
i started playing 0.9b goku like days before beta was released so i cant really give much feedback, but one thing i like about beta is how you can actually finish your attack while in kaioken mode before it times out. the kamehameha wave also charges faster when you're in kaioken mode, making it easier to kill opponents offstage without having to go out of bounds in order to prevent them from recovering.

Check out my sprites Image
https://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=43658

Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:40 am

MGN Username: NASAPeepo
Currently Playing: It's my personal life.
I like how there is no endlag when he lands on the ground after Up-B, could be utilized in some scary ways. I guess he really owns the Instant Transmission now. Also, I have noticed that he got decreased endlag on his aerials and maybe tilts too, in addition, he's faster than before. Really good buffs imo. The fact that he cannot fire Kamehameha backwards while on ground can leave him open, it's fair I guess. Not to mention that the devs did keep backwards kamehameha in air, to maintain recovery options.

Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:10 am

Goku is really great at regular attacks, but I really dislike some of his special attacks. His side attack is just two little ki blasts that don't go very far. Now I understand that Goku's a short range character, but it's ridiculous how short it is. Goku's special-up attack is really nice, that's good to me. Goku's special down is really cool, at least before the counter speed went up. And if you use special down in Kaioken, it should reach a higher level of kaioken. His regular special attack is decent, although really slow and spammable when you only make it little. I would rather it be a fast charging kamehameha, that you can use only a set amount per life. Obviously, it's fast charging in Kaioken, but I have already stated my concerns with the transformation.

Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:14 pm

MGN Username: NASAPeepo
Currently Playing: It's my personal life.
TOWEZA wrote:
Goku is really great at regular attacks, but I really dislike some of his special attacks. His side attack is just two little ki blasts that don't go very far. Now I understand that Goku's a short range character, but it's ridiculous how short it is. Goku's special-up attack is really nice, that's good to me. Goku's special down is really cool, at least before the counter speed went up. And if you use special down in Kaioken, it should reach a higher level of kaioken. His regular special attack is decent, although really slow and spammable when you only make it little. I would rather it be a fast charging kamehameha, that you can use only a set amount per life. Obviously, it's fast charging in Kaioken, but I have already stated my concerns with the transformation.

Goku is a rush type of character. Comboing your opponents in different ways and often relying on aerial attacks and tilts. Although his side-special may seem short-ranged to you, but really, it is fine if you look at it from a combo-er's perspective. It's good for filling up dead zones, often in air when your opponents gets a little too far from your reach and using side-special becomes a reliable move. Of course, you still can use other moves like dair and up-special but they're too slow, making it easier for your opponent to escape. Kamehameha is more of an edgeguard/kill move if anything.

Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:44 pm

NASAPeepo wrote:
TOWEZA wrote:

Goku is a rush type of character. Comboing your opponents in different ways and often relying on aerial attacks and tilts. Although his side-special may seem short-ranged to you, but really, it is fine if you look at it from a combo-er's perspective. It's good for filling up dead zones, often in air when your opponents gets a little too far from your reach and using side-special becomes a reliable move. Of course, you still can use other moves like dair and up-special but they're too slow, making it easier for your opponent to escape. Kamehameha is more of an edgeguard/kill move if anything.

the kamehameha wave can still be a kill move im imagineing gokus new kamehameha wave be a fast 50 dmg i want you dead by now type,but an edge guard not really you can if your desperate as for ki blast i can see your point there it is very relyable

Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:28 pm

MGN Username: MegaSackboy
Currently Playing: Lots of old games
Why can't I do his reverse Kamehameha anymore?

Microsoft can't count to nine, let alone ten or 720.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:12 pm
 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next