The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:28 pm

[ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 24  Next
Peach 

MGN Username: ZekePrower
Currently Playing: With my fox dolls.
True it was comparably short in melee. I was thinking of brawl and PM range.

Rem is my main. Kinda looks like Tails doesn't she?

Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:45 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
If Peach Bomber had any changes I'd rather it keep its range while just reducing start up lag and giving Pb some KO power. While increasing end lag..

Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:16 pm
YIM

i have a pretty techy question.

float canceling is super easy and as you all know can be done in the ground. however, it implies that i hold UP, so that peach remains afloat.

this however means that if i press no direction, i do up-air instead of n-air. and while i can use all directional air attacks at will, even down-air, i never found out how to do n-air while still floating. n-air means i must NOT be pressing a directional key while i attack, but hovering forces me to do so. i remember seeing videos of this demo (i think Sorabotics?) in which this trick is applied. how do i do that? her N-air is one of her most dependable attacks.

Others claim, it is half empty.

I, personally, Claim Nothing.

Instead, i Ask:

WHO THE %&(%/))% DRANK HALF OF MY BEER??!

Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:51 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Turn tap jump off and use a different button to jump. Let's say you use Space. Then, in order to do a float nair, you'd do Space + down -> release down -> attack button and do a nair.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:06 pm

MGN Username: Shine!
Currently Playing: Minecraft Bedrock & Roblox
Waifu: All guys from Free!
WAR-THERAPY wrote:

float canceling is super easy and as you all know can be done in the ground. however, it implies that i hold UP, so that peach remains afloat.

this however means that if i press no direction, i do up-air instead of n-air. and while i can use all directional air attacks at will, even down-air, i never found out how to do n-air while still floating. n-air means i must NOT be pressing a directional key while i attack, but hovering forces me to do so. i remember seeing videos of this demo (i think Sorabotics?) in which this trick is applied. how do i do that? her N-air is one of her most dependable attacks.

I used to have that exact same problem.
Keep tap jump, but also have Spacebar as another jump button.

You can use up to tap jump and commence float canceling. Then if you need to use NAir transition your thumb to space then let go of UP.
Or you can press spacebar to just float cancel nair.

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:32 pm
YIM
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
Shine! wrote:
WAR-THERAPY wrote:

I used to have that exact same problem.
Keep tap jump, but also have Spacebar as another jump button.

You can use up to tap jump and commence float canceling. Then if you need to use NAir transition your thumb to space then let go of UP.

Or you can press spacebar to just float cancel nair.

Yep, that's what I do. I jump with spacebar and hold down to do it. Her float cancel U-air is great for intercepting opponents from the air and outranges/outprioritizes many D-airs from the cast. It comes out faster than most D-airs also.

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:49 pm

OMFG. my peach is such a beast now. i can solo two links at lvl9 and only lose 30% damage. JESUS, dat mobility. dat punish. its so awesome. im starting to doubt peach will stay in bottom tier this time around.

Instead, i Ask:

Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:04 pm
BR Member

WAR-THERAPY wrote:
OMFG. my peach is such a beast now. i can solo two links at lvl9 and only lose 30% damage. JESUS, dat mobility. dat punish. its so awesome. im starting to doubt peach will stay in bottom tier this time around.

Well, beating CPU's is one thing, while defeating a high level human opponent is another thing entirely.

But you do have me interested, want to have a Peach ditto set sometime?

Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:17 pm

a ditto? with you???!
dont insult me, puny mortal. you are not worth my time.

(read: i have better things to do than being completely wrecked, torn to bits, and sprawled on the floor.)

honestly , i would love to. but firstly, you are on a whole different league. secondly, our playstyles simply dont work all too well for me. i am uber defensive. you are however waaaaaay too offensive for me to handle. and if these were not enough, i live in portugal, which means input lag would be roughly 4 seconds.... also my computer sucks.
i have just wet my pants in fear, too.

maybe one day tough... when i get my hands on my multimedia workstation that i need for university, i will do so. by then i should be good enought to at least put up some sort of fight.

Instead, i Ask:

Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:22 am
BR Member

Here are some highlights of my Peach in online recently!
YouTube Video:

Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:36 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Nice vid Sorabotics. The most impressive thing was not the combos, but the stock counts when you performed them: You see many poor souls being subjected to the wrath that is Peach.
For all you Peach people: what are Peach's worse matchups? I don't really know what I would pick against a Peach, and some of my favorite characters have a tough time dealing with her.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:05 pm
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Nice vid Sorabotics. The most impressive thing was not the combos, but the stock counts when you performed them: You see many poor souls being subjected to the wrath that is Peach.
For all you Peach people: what are Peach's worse matchups? I don't really know what I would pick against a Peach, and some of my favorite characters have a tough time dealing with her.

I think Lloyd is bad if all he does is wall her out.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:08 pm
BR Member

Starkiller2 wrote:
TheCodeSamurai wrote:

I think Lloyd is bad if all he does is wall her out.

Agreed, if a Lloyd knows what he's doing, its a very rough time for Peach. Ichigo is also very tough just because his range and attacks cover a lot of aerial approaches, which is the foundation of Peach. DK vs Peach is close if the DK plays a good defensive game, but Peach has the slight advantage. Fox vs Peach can go either way as well, both have tools of dominating each other. The rest of the MU's depend on how good of a Peach you are.

Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:20 pm

i think one of the worst MUs would be marth. he has so much speed and disjoint that most of peach's options get trumped.

and your vid jus further validated my point, Sora. you need to be nerfed, period.

Instead, i Ask:

Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:59 pm
BR Member

WAR-THERAPY wrote:
i think one of the worst MUs would be marth. he has so much speed and disjoint that most of peach's options get trumped.

and your vid jus further validated my point, Sora. you need to be nerfed, period.

Actually, Marth is not Peach's worst MU, from my own experience. Peach has some good combos on him and can edgeguard him pretty well. If you bait out a hasty F-smash or grab, Peach can come in with a Nair and punish hard with tech chases, which should get Marth off stage and put him up for edgeguarding. Also, if you get it juuust right, you can float cancel Dair to Nair on Marth's Up-B

Haha I'll take that as a compliment.

Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:11 pm
 [ 351 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 24  Next