The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:17 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST SSF2 OR GAME IDEAS/QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM!

For SSF2 Discussion, please go here: http://forums.mcleodgaming.com/viewforum.php?f=4

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Custom Emote Board, IRL Section, New Users Rename, /mg/ 
Legendary Ghost

TerminX wrote:
Several ideas. weeee

Custom Smiley Board
Something you said you liked in the old forum, but never implemented. Would it be possible to have each user get their own board, with only the ones they want, and even upload new ones?

If not, possibly a Smiley Pool of sorts, a separate link next to the regular emotes, where users can upload their own smileys and view / use other user's smileys, possibly even making "Favorited" smilies that would go onto your board.

Prolly not possible, but prolly the best idea in this section anyway..
No
1) I have no idea how this would be implemented
2) What's to stop someone from uploading a smiley of a dick or goatse? There are enough things to moderate already.

IRL section
Pretty self explanatory. I wanna baaw about how my ex-gf's mom is having a natural childbirth at home with no one but her 21yo son & 15yo daughter to help..
Maybe. The internet is generally not a great place to get life advice or seek sympathy from others. Especially from a bunch of 10-13 year olds.

Welcomes & Departures Rename
Rename New Users to Welcomes and Departures, because the attention whores everyone wants you to.
Sounds good to me. maybe I'll put this to a vote

/mg/
The "Mature" spam section suggested a while back, but locked by BlueMage because he was losing an arguement. /mg/ is a hidden section where the rules do not apply, any of them, and only users who've proven to be lulzworthy enough in Spam and have a mental age of 18+ can see. The spam section will then become un-f#%$& unlocked to all users, like it was meant to be.
NO. You want to post like you're on /b/? Go to /b/.

INB4 HAKKER

Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:11 am

Deep Thought 42 wrote:
TerminX wrote:
Several ideas. weeee

Custom Smiley Board
Something you said you liked in the old forum, but never implemented. Would it be possible to have each user get their own board, with only the ones they want, and even upload new ones?

If not, possibly a Smiley Pool of sorts, a separate link next to the regular emotes, where users can upload their own smileys and view / use other user's smileys, possibly even making "Favorited" smilies that would go onto your board.

No
2) What's to stop someone from uploading a smiley of a dick or goatse? There are enough things to moderate already.

IRL section
Pretty self explanatory. I wanna baaw about how my ex-gf's mom is having a natural childbirth at home with no one but her 21yo son & 15yo daughter to help..
Maybe. The internet is generally not a great place to get life advice or seek sympathy from others. Especially from a bunch of 10-13 year olds.

Rename New Users to Welcomes and Departures, because the attention whores everyone wants you to.

/mg/
The "Mature" spam section suggested a while back, but locked by BlueMage because he was losing an arguement. /mg/ is a hidden section where the rules do not apply, any of them, and only users who've proven to be lulzworthy enough in Spam and have a mental age of 18+ can see. The spam section will then become un-f#%$& unlocked to all users, like it was meant to be.

INB4 HAKKER
DT, ya know he was just suggesting that /mg/ be like the spam section we have now, then we have a noob spam section... seems to make sense, no one really deserves to have that taken away.

Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:53 am
Site Moderator

Waifu: Trollbean
Deep Thought 42 wrote:
TerminX wrote:
Several ideas. weeee

Custom Smiley Board

No

That's why I suggested a moderation system, but w/e if you can't do it.

IRL section
Have you BEEN to Other? people here do it all the time.

Put me down for shur

/mg/
'Cept here, we're posting with people we know..

Anyway, what about we just water the idea down? Still have a "Mature" Spam section, and then regular Spam. All users could access Spam, but the "Mature" section would work exactly the same way the current Spam section does (Requiring approval from a mod Though preferably not BM, I don't feel he's doing his job well [onlyslightbias]), but the regular rules still apply.

EDIT: Meta Sin basically Ninja'd me. Making Spam a section only certain users can access makes about as much sense as doing it to PC Gaming or Super Smash Bros. It's a basic forum that everyone should be able to have fun in- No secrets, like Devs, Not a room for pros, like RPB, Not a room for vets, like VIP/Mods/Admins (Sorta), just a place for bored users to hang out and have fun.

INB4 HAKKER

Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:59 am

Currently Playing: LOL
TerminX wrote:
Deep Thought 42 wrote:
TerminX wrote:
Several ideas. weeee

Custom Smiley Board

No

That's why I suggested a moderation system, but w/e if you can't do it.
How about doing it like MSN works?
You can upload/delete emoticons FOR YOURSELF, and then you can use them as many times you want.
People would be able to use the emoticons they like, and I see emoticons changing acording to their popularity... that would make the forum more interesting, and I don't believe it's that hard.
You can create a list of texts, which are replaced by [.url] tags when showned.
So, if I upload an emoticon from how_about_not_url, then, when I send my menssage, the emoticon text would change for [.img]how_about_not_url[./img]

IRL section
Have you BEEN to Other? people here do it all the time.

Put me down for shur

/mg/
'Cept here, we're posting with people we know..

Anyway, what about we just water the idea down? Still have a "Mature" Spam section, and then regular Spam. All users could access Spam, but the "Mature" section would work exactly the same way the current Spam section does (Requiring approval from a mod Though preferably not BM, I don't feel he's doing his job well [onlyslightbias]), but the regular rules still apply.

EDIT: Meta Sin basically Ninja'd me. Making Spam a section only certain users can access makes about as much sense as doing it to PC Gaming or Super Smash Bros. It's a basic forum that everyone should be able to have fun in- No secrets, like Devs, Not a room for pros, like RPB, Not a room for vets, like VIP/Mods/Admins (Sorta), just a place for bored users to hang out and have fun.

We discussed about it, and it's not gonna happen.
The reason why we blocked the spam section is to make it as mature as possible.
Even when you trust people to be "mature", it won't get any maturer than the way the spam section is now.

So all you would be doing by the creation of this new section is creating a "noob" spam section, and changing the name of the current spam section.
And all a "noob" spam section can brought are problems.

INB4 HAKKER

Posts on old MG: 2432, level 16

Image chóu

Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:45 am
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
Guys, tell me. What was the point of the spam section in the first place? To give people a place to spam and gtfo valid topics, correct? Why should one have to act mature (*puts on stunna shades*) when all they want to do is bang their gfs heads on the keyboard?

IF WE WANT THEM TO GTFO OTHER TOPICS, WE OURSELVES NEED TO GIVE THEM A PLACE TO DO WHAT THEY ARE DOING WITHOUT GETTING IN TROUBLE. YOU REALIZED THIS. WHICH IS WHY YOU CREATED THE SPAM SECTION.

Then the "ftl" spammers with brains wanted the section more mature but then you locked all of the noobs out, so naturally they are going to go back to what they were doing before. Splitting the spam section into two has sense.

Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:19 am

I know /mg/ won't happen, but if you do there are some rules you must keep...
Maybe 13
Possibly 17
Definatly 23

Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:26 am
Site Admin

Hakker wrote:
IRL section is for attentionwhores,

custom smilies would get spammed constantly,

Welcomes & Departures, sure why the hell not.

/mg/, not gonna happen.

Ever.

I say same, that's the only one that's worth it. But I thought we already went over this

[TSON] wrote:
Guys, tell me. What was the point of the spam section in the first place? To give people a place to spam and gtfo valid topics, correct? Why should one have to act mature (*puts on stunna shades*) when all they want to do is bang their gfs heads on the keyboard?

IF WE WANT THEM TO GTFO OTHER TOPICS, WE OURSELVES NEED TO GIVE THEM A PLACE TO DO WHAT THEY ARE DOING WITHOUT GETTING IN TROUBLE. YOU REALIZED THIS. WHICH IS WHY YOU CREATED THE SPAM SECTION.

Then the "ftl" spammers with brains wanted the section more mature but then you locked all of the noobs out, so naturally they are going to go back to what they were doing before. Splitting the spam section into two has sense.

If you ask me it's a place to make posts about the things that were suggested here...

Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:30 am
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
Cleod9 wrote:

[TSON] wrote:

If you ask me it's a place to make posts about the things that were suggested here...

No because nothing in the spam section is taken 4srs.

Watch, I'm going to go in there and ask for help with rl and I guarantee the first post will be random and irrelivant.

And plus, noobs need a place to spam.

Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:35 am

I agree with two place to spam because blue hates me for some reson and if you do it I know I sould ask but can I be the mod to the noob one? , because I'm forgiving and kind but you don't want to mess with me and I never used smilies often,I'm smart and a lot of other thing you will want for a mod.

PM,me to be friends.

Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:42 am
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
Right, enough on this.

- We're not going to make an adult section on the forum, what the heck do you take us for? This is still a forum attached to a site that hosts flash programs mostly aimed towards teenagers. And we're certainly not going to attract the /b/ rejects. Yes, you.

- IRL section. This is the internet, nobody gives two s***. Bad enough that we have one person mouthing off constantly about his real life.

-Custom Smilies. Ya heard DT, not possible.

Now, how the hell do you change the name of a section again...

nicklee wrote:
I agree with two place to spam because blue hates me for some reson and if you do it I know I sould ask but can I be the mod to the noob one? , because I'm forgiving and kind but you don't want to mess with me and I never used smilies often,I'm smart and a lot of other thing you will want for a mod.

Here's your reason why not everyone is allowed in the spam section. Well, that and that it serves as a sort of unorthodox punishment.

That'll be all.

:lock:

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:38 pm
 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2