The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:32 pm

[ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 28  Next
Chibi-Robo 
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
How is Chibi-Robo the best? It seems like he loses to pretty much all of the top tiers (except maybe Pikachu).

Plz. Chibi can just Bair his way into Top Tier :P

Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:59 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
Bair is an OK move. So is Dair. They aren't incredible, though.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:58 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
uair is his best move imo. throws lead into it too, which is nice.

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:22 pm
BR Member

I love edge guarding with Uair. Its more effective than it sounds.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:05 pm
BR Member

TheCodeSamurai wrote:
Bair is an OK move. So is Dair. They aren't incredible, though.

Bair is like one of the best spacing tools in the game. It may have a kinda slow start-up, but it has sufficient range and deals quite a bit of damage, and I think it's Chibi's best move to rely on. Dair is like the equivalent to Ganondorf's dair, gimping you at 14% and making it a very useful edgeguarding tool. And like I said plenty times before, it's really good for tech-chases and Bizarro-Flame shenanigans.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:49 pm
BR Member

Their startup really limits their usefulness: they aren't safe on whiff or on shield, and they essentially require a read or a combo to land safely.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:34 am
BR Member

been playing a bit of chibi recently, think I'm gonna try and develop this little robot a bit.
I'll start with the basics, need some opinions on some of these:

Pros
  • Decent run speed and air speed.
  • Pretty great horizontal recovery, average vertical recovery. Can be easy or hard to intercept depending on the angle.
  • Many disjointed hitboxes.
  • Very strong edgeguarding.
  • Great neutral game due to short hop laser and fast disjoints.
  • Very long grab.
  • Good vertical KO power in uair, usmash and dsmash. Throws lead into uair.
  • Has a varying combo game depending on the opponent. Can pillar some characters and has some setups into kill moves.

Cons
  • Fastfaller AND Lightweight. Very easy to combo and dies early.
  • Many moves are slow, including kill moves such as uair, usmash, dsmash and dair.
  • Vulnerable to other projectile users. Has trouble getting in on them if he gives them space. Downspecial is mostly too slow to keep control of opposing projectiles.

Youtube         Twitch

Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:28 pm
BR Member

after 2 days I've already given up.
chibi is probably the worst character in the game.
poor recovery (very very easy to intercept), lag on important moves and very easy combo weight makes him very hard to play effectively.
it's not fun being combo'd the entire game and KO'd as soon as you're offstage, while having to work very hard in neutral and while comboing to get results.

I could put more work into trying to improve, but I feel the effort is largely wasted as there are so many better characters that I could pick up and play more effectively within 10 minutes of learning.

Youtube         Twitch

Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:13 pm
BR Member

My problem with Chibi is just that I think he has niche matchups he does well in because of his midrange tools, but he gets screwed by characters that can kill early and characters that can combo well, which is almost everyone in the game. It sucks to get juggled by Marth and also die to tippers way early.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:23 pm

I heard someone saying that when he was first trying out Chibi-Robo, he couldn't KO a computer standing still in training. He he racked his opponent up to 200% before he was able to KO him. He didn't know what to do! He was throwing out fully charged up smashes, any move he could think of. True, he didn't know about how good Chibi's aerials were, but the point still stands. Chibi doesn't have that many killing options.

Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:08 pm
BR Member

Kirbysmith wrote:
I heard someone saying that when he was first trying out Chibi-Robo, he couldn't KO a computer standing still in training. He he racked his opponent up to 200% before he was able to KO him. He didn't know what to do! He was throwing out fully charged up smashes, any move he could think of. True, he didn't know about how good Chibi's aerials were, but the point still stands. Chibi doesn't have that many killing options.

Looking at the Beta, I spotted 2 changes: Fsmash has more KB and Up B has a height increased. Are there anymore changes for Chibi?

Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:26 pm
SSF2 Developer

He can KO at earlier Percentages overall and his moves "flow" into each other more nicely, among other changes.

Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:06 pm

MGN Username: ChocolateChipped
Currently Playing: SSF2
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
My problem with Chibi is just that I think he has niche matchups he does well in because of his midrange tools, but he gets screwed by characters that can kill early and characters that can combo well, which is almost everyone in the game. It sucks to get juggled by Marth and also die to tippers way early.

That may be true but I've been using Chibi for like I think a week or 2 and yea getting juggled and all is not fun AT ALL but Chibi is pretty versatile you just need to know when to attack but other than that I think Chibi is very weak but kinda makes up for it with his attacks having more knock-back and his recovery distance is amazing if you know how and when to use his side b then up b and just like with everyone else Chibi does flow but you just gotta time if right because I've almost got combos with him that get you to about 60% then I can just throw you and Uair or Dair and done. But if anything at all he needs less lag for his attacks and most people who first start with his will have some pretty open way to attack because he lags so much anyways, I just wanna say that Chibi is ok, hes not god or super bad you just gotta learn and practice like what you do with any other character and he will be really good.

Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:06 pm
BR Member

Chibi-Robo has a decent moveset, but his moves don't really link very well IMO, which is why I'm interested in the Beta version of Chibi. His aerials all have good range and power, but their knockback makes them less useful at mid percents, where they won't kill or combo into anything. Dair is an exception (tech-chases work at any percent!) but is not the easiest to land or follow up on. His grab is amazing, but outside of a few bread-and-butter grab combos to KO with (dthrow DI traps into dair, bair, nair, and I think uair is guaranteed at percents where it will kill), he doesn't have a great grab game. He has OK tilts, but nothing great, and that goes for his smashes as well.
Average ground normals + good but not great aerials + OK recovery + pretty decent grab game + bad combos and damage output + meh OoS options + fast-faller + lightweight = bad character.

Plus, can you please use periods and whitespace? It's hard to read a 6-line sentence.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:39 pm

MGN Username: gEmssbguy13
Currently Playing: Smash Bros, FNaF, Undertale, GMod, Delver, Xenoblade, ect...
You know, if I have an extra stock and I'm in a far lead, I like to Toothbrush off stage just because I think the music is catchy.

Too bad that never happens in a real match... :(

Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:15 pm
 [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 28  Next