The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 2:45 pm

[ 347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next
Bomberman 
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
That's a fantastic idea. As it stands, playing against Bomberman is not only really scary because of how he gets to set up guaranteed insane, incontestable stage control whenever he loses a stock, it's also not very much fun, either. Bomberman's bombs hitting him too would not only make them feel less unfair onstage, it would also provide some much-needed interaction between the bombs and the opposing player.

As it stands, there is nothing anyone can do against Bomberman's stage control except hope that the player is bad and blows bombs up when a valuable hit isn't guaranteed. However, if the bombs could affect their owner as well, the benefits would be threefold. For one, the counter-play strategy of staying in Bomberman's face to avoid having to deal with his shenanigans becomes more valuable and less black-and-white because still retains value after a large bomb has been laid. More importantly, this change would provide players with a meaningful way to get rid of the bombs themselves by tossing Bomberman offstage and forcing him to use one for recovery. Finally, it would force Bomberman players to be more aware of their own positioning in relation to their traps, which I think is a good skill to emphasize. Great idea, Huey.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:53 am
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
I'm torn. On the one hand, it does even him out a little bit and give him better offstage play instead of his current onstage game. On the other hand, I think this could weaken his ability to deal with rushdown characters past what it is now (pretty bad). Maybe if the bombs were buffed a little bit?

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:39 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Sorabotics
Currently Playing: SSBM and SSF2
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
I'm torn. On the one hand, it does even him out a little bit and give him better offstage play instead of his current onstage game. On the other hand, I think this could weaken his ability to deal with rushdown characters past what it is now (pretty bad). Maybe if the bombs were buffed a little bit?

I mean, P-bombs already reach through platforms and kill floaties at 85%-95% depending on DI and height that they're at when hit, so... I feel like that's already pretty powerful.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:53 pm
BR Member

Maybe just bring up the small bombs to be more powerful.

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:22 pm

MGN Username: Huey
Currently Playing: Smash 4. Waiting for Beta. They better code in Bidou...
Savy, eh? wrote:
That's a fantastic idea. As it stands, playing against Bomberman is not only really scary because of how he gets to set up guaranteed insane, incontestable stage control whenever he loses a stock, it's also not very much fun, either. Bomberman's bombs hitting him too would not only make them feel less unfair onstage, it would also provide some much-needed interaction between the bombs and the opposing player.

As it stands, there is nothing anyone can do against Bomberman's stage control except hope that the player is bad and blows bombs up when a valuable hit isn't guaranteed. However, if the bombs could affect their owner as well, the benefits would be threefold. For one, the counter-play strategy of staying in Bomberman's face to avoid having to deal with his shenanigans becomes more valuable and less black-and-white because still retains value after a large bomb has been laid. More importantly, this change would provide players with a meaningful way to get rid of the bombs themselves by tossing Bomberman offstage and forcing him to use one for recovery. Finally, it would force Bomberman players to be more aware of their own positioning in relation to their traps, which I think is a good skill to emphasize. Great idea, Huey.

I agree with everything you said. Didn't even think of the other player being able to force bbm to use a bomb for recovery; making him lose all on stage bombs. That's a great point as well.

Another idea I had was that his d-tilt's second hit makes his grounded bombs bounce off the ground (straight up). That would allow for nice setups. Like if you had a p bomb planted, you could run and sh jump to dtilt at bomb (to knock it upwards) then jump up and kick the bomb. Would be awesome because the bombs fly so far when you kick them in air but it's hard to charge up a p bomb then throw it straight up then jump and kick it in any opponents face. It would make the bomb kick more viable and wouldn't change anything about him too much

Another way it would be cool is if you hit sh dtilt on an opponent that's right on top of your bomb. Then they would both fly upwards and you could detonate to follow up. Following me..?

As for what Sorabotics and Samurai are talking about

Sorabotics- 100% agree. They're strong enough. P bombs are perfect as they are now with how long they take to get out. And honestly, if the change were made the way I wanted (faster bomb charging), I think they would need a nerf. Even with the danger off bbm blowing himself up.

Samurai- Also agree. If the change were made the way I wanted, small bombs being buffed a little would work because he would have to worry about blowing himself up so he couldn't spam them for control like he can now.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:03 pm

MGN Username: AfroWarrior
I'd like if Bombermans bombs acted like Duck Hunts dynamite and could be moved around by any attack but with the opportunity for it to explode. As it is now it's far too easy to get any size bomb out and hit with them, considering a p bomb to anything besides a fast faller is a death sentence at 100%+

I'd also like if the side b kept the bomb sliding and makes it act like a projectile.

I have ran over a thousand miles
Unknown to Community, nor known to the World
Have withstood pain to perfect my technique
Yet this speed will never be remembered
My whole life was Sonic the Hedgehog.

Mains: :sonic: :bomberman:

Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:17 pm

Location: ...Beneath the high tide centrifuse covered and hidden under the bermuda complex
Currently Playing: with my ****
If Bombermans bombs were to ever blow him up, He'd need a few changes.

Bombs should have a projectile collision bubble/box - and should blow up if hit by fire attacks
Thrown bombs should have a HitBox - doing like 4% and low knockback
Kicked bombs should have a hitbox... with similar effects to the one on his current SideB
Bombs should be able to be picked up.

GM

Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:07 pm
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
how y'all gone agree he's mid tier then try to turn his neutral special into snake's

Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:55 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
It's because regardless of how good Bomberman is, bombs aren't fun to play against in their current state. They evoke a feeling of helplessness that doesn't pair well with the spirit of fighting games, especially not one that gives players as much control over their characters as does Smash. It's the same problem that Naruto's clones had in previous builds, and one of the primary reasons for which I assume they were changed to be destroyable.

Also, I'm pretty sure that solo Bomberman can win a tournament. A mid tier in this game is still a very strong character.

Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:20 pm

MGN Username: TAC3
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Steam Games
Pretty sure the Naruto clones thing was an issue with priority that wasn't adressed at the time.
And imo, I love fighting against bomberman's bombs strat
Only thing that bugs me is his moves that have more knock back than you'd expect and his insane mobility lol

Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:53 am
BR Member

I think the bombs are really interesting in their current state: I reject the idea that they're not fun to play against. The strategy in using these runs deep and is interesting. I think the best strategy against them is just to play without fear. What do you guys think?

For Doom:
For Kicks:

Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:38 am
BR Member

MGN Username: joey
Currently Playing: joey
Waifu: joey
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
I think the bombs are really interesting in their current state: I reject the idea that they're not fun to play against. The strategy in using these runs deep and is interesting. I think the best strategy against them is just to play without fear. What do you guys think?

Playing without fear is the best Strategy imo. It's like dealing with crash bomb, you can set up mind games for your opponent to blow up the bombs so you wont have to deal with the other 4 bombs that were planted.

Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:43 pm

MGN Username: AfroWarrior
Like stated earlier, Bomberman is the Batman of SSF2. What I mean by that is he's probably the character that requires the most brain power of the cast. The best way to beat Bomberman is to simply not be scared because that's what a good one wants. They want you to feel stressed. Stress causes mistakes. Stress causes you to double jump to avoid that p bomb on the floor. Stress causes you to get hit by a giant a** forehead for the win.

Play against him like you would any other character and you have a greater chance of success. That's really all there is to it.

I have ran over a thousand miles
Unknown to Community, nor known to the World
Have withstood pain to perfect my technique
Yet this speed will never be remembered
My whole life was Sonic the Hedgehog.

Mains: :sonic: :bomberman:

Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:41 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hir7179o9rmvi ... h.avi?dl=0
badassitude just increased.

Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:45 pm

Location: ...Beneath the high tide centrifuse covered and hidden under the bermuda complex
Currently Playing: with my ****
[TSON] wrote:
how y'all gone agree he's mid tier then try to turn his neutral special into snake's

It's funny cuz I remember saying the same thing you just did when people proposed the change to Bomberman when he debuted.

I kinda change my mind though... not 100% for practical reasons, but from a creative standpoint. I think Bomberman should kinda be the snake of ssf2, He'd feel more canon... You could get owned by your own bombs in any bomberman game.
Savy, eh? wrote:
It's because regardless of how good Bomberman is, bombs aren't fun to play against in their current state. They evoke a feeling of helplessness that doesn't pair well with the spirit of fighting games, especially not one that gives players as much control over their characters as does Smash. It's the same problem that Naruto's clones had in previous builds, and one of the primary reasons for which I assume they were changed to be destroyable.

Also, I'm pretty sure that solo Bomberman can win a tournament. A mid tier in this game is still a very strong character.

IDK... You seem to be forgetting the fact that In order to get a bomb K.O. You have to rack up dmg... Narutos clones was ridiculous, considering his combo ability and SideB. Bomberman is so basic w/o his bombs... poor combo ability, moderate K.O. power & dmg output, and his poor defensive capability. Bomb pressure only becomes a factor in close, situation or when the opponent is in K.O.% ..In fact lvl1 bombs are arguably impracticable

GM

Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:19 am
 [ 347 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next