The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:30 pm

[ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 27  Next
Black Mage 

Currently Playing: Patty-cake
[TSON] wrote:
you're missing moooooore!

Is it how far he went after beating up Marth?

WelfareWednesday wrote:
Why should it be better? And who's asking for a huge nerf?
ProjectBrawl7 wrote:
Nobody is asking for a nerf, the SSF2 did it...

Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:43 pm

MGN Username: TAC3
Currently Playing: SSF2, League of Legends, Steam Games
Jammy wrote:
given up on beating BM with falcon, I need a character that beats him like 90-10 just so I can body BM players in tourney and move onto the next round pronto

any suggestions?

edit: thinking fox? been training my fox as a possible secondary for the puff matchup anyway, so let me know if you agree or not.

lol I couldn't beat a good BM player with peach (before all the 9B patches)
so I had to switch to Lloyd (when Lloyd was pretty much broken, but no one knew that until 3 months later or so).

I still think Peach can do super well against BM though, so I'll probably just use Peach to beat him lol
although, I also think Falcon can still do well against him too.

Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:55 am
BR Member

MGN Username: Jammy
TacThree wrote:
Jammy wrote:
given up on beating BM with falcon, I need a character that beats him like 90-10 just so I can body BM players in tourney and move onto the next round pronto

any suggestions?

edit: thinking fox? been training my fox as a possible secondary for the puff matchup anyway, so let me know if you agree or not.

lol I couldn't beat a good BM player with peach (before all the 9B patches)
so I had to switch to Lloyd (when Lloyd was pretty much broken, but no one knew that until 3 months later or so).

I still think Peach can do super well against BM though, so I'll probably just use Peach to beat him lol
although, I also think Falcon can still do well against him too.

I have tried a lot with falcon, and I do ok vs. players like Huey.
but when I go up against players like erod who play the camp game by spamming (for lack of a better term) meteors and haste to block my high and low approaches respectively, I have a really hard time of it. not to mention BM has other good keep away moves. I struggle to get in and once I'm in I can't keep applying pressure like I can vs. other characters.

Youtube         Twitch

<insert giant anime gif here>

Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:44 pm

MGN Username: Jechtire
Here are some thoughts on new Black Mage.

- Haste nerfed. More recovery and now there is a small circle that you have to hit to get haste off rather than having haste just be a straight line. Went from one of his best moves to one of his worst because of this. Animation shortened and kill power(?) lowered as well.

- Teleport nerfed. Longer recovery. Still amazing.

- Up Air changed. Multi-hit. REALLY good now.

- Down throw nerfed hard. No longer poisons and chain-grab removed. Still decent follow ups on it though.

- Death easier to meteor cancel(?). People were cancelling it pretty often on me.

Other than removing the poison off of down throw, the changes are okay. I'm gonna miss old haste though. Haste was a bit too good, and now you really can't use it as much for anything other than punishing some stuff. Fair is still one of the best moves in the game, and as long as Black Mage still has teleport, fair, dair, nair, meteor, and fsmash, he's gonna do fine no matter how bad they nerf his other moves. GJ with him, devs. He's still a strong contender imo

Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:36 am

MGN Username: Drarky
Currently Playing: SSF2, Starbound
Waifu: Lenna Tycoon
Jetire911 wrote:
Here are some thoughts on new Black Mage.

- Haste nerfed. More recovery and now there is a small circle that you have to hit to get haste off rather than having haste just be a straight line. Went from one of his best moves to one of his worst because of this. Animation shortened and kill power(?) lowered as well.

- Teleport nerfed. Longer recovery. Still amazing.

- Up Air changed. Multi-hit. REALLY good now.

- Down throw nerfed hard. No longer poisons and chain-grab removed. Still decent follow ups on it though.

- Death easier to meteor cancel(?). People were cancelling it pretty often on me.

Other than removing the poison off of down throw, the changes are okay. I'm gonna miss old haste though. Haste was a bit too good, and now you really can't use it as much for anything other than punishing some stuff. Fair is still one of the best moves in the game, and as long as Black Mage still has teleport, fair, dair, nair, meteor, and fsmash, he's gonna do fine no matter how bad they nerf his other moves. GJ with him, devs. He's still a strong contender imo

His NAir also lost some of his stupid damage and shield poking, so there's that.

ImageImageImageImage

Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:21 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Hmm, I'd say uair got super nerfed but it's still good. No longer a (practically) frame 1 disjoint with huge range and basically no end lag. It almost acts like a short range projectile in the Beta it seems, I saw once or twice where the water didn't follow BM's aerial movement like most aerials do.

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:28 am

MGN Username: Drarky
Currently Playing: SSF2, Starbound
Waifu: Lenna Tycoon
Phoenix Wright wrote:
Hmm, I'd say uair got super nerfed but it's still good. No longer a (practically) frame 1 disjoint with huge range and basically no end lag. It almost acts like a short range projectile in the Beta it seems, I saw once or twice where the water didn't follow BM's aerial movement like most aerials do.

It was a pretty good move before, but I feel like this one it's better for the job of comboing and overall usefulness. Maybe it's just me.

ImageImageImageImage

Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:48 am
Site Admin

MGN Username: [TSON]
Currently Playing: with myself
It has the same range as before, it's just multiple projectiles that fire out instead of being part of Black Mage

Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:49 am

MGN Username: Huey
Currently Playing: Smash 4. Waiting for Beta. They better code in Bidou...
Personally I'm happy with most of the changes to BM. Minus nerfing warp. Can't understand nerfing a super predictable recovery with nearly no onstage use whatsoever but I'm sure they have their reasons. Another thing I noticed on stream is that his dash attack seems faster but with less knockback. Was I just seeing things or..?

Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:02 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
I could see the nerfs coming: it's no fair to give a zoning character Haste, dthrow chaingrabs were unnecessary, and they needed to give BM more weaknesses overall.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:45 am

MGN Username: Drflash55
Currently Playing: Super Smash Flash 2 BETA, Splatoon, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Waifu: I got none.
I have found out a way to deal a lot of damage with Black Mage in his own stage.

Go on Special Mode and flick on dramatic (the one that pays close attention to your combo's), and get in the bottom left corner...

Do a full charged FSmash, and wait for the lightning to hit one of the opponents back to you. Time your DSmash correctly to get the flames to combo your opponent and then you can deal about 40% to your opponent. It can be an almost guaranteed KO at about 130% with some characters...

I did this easily with some of the CPU's and they didn't stand a chance...

Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:06 am

MGN Username: coollogic16
You can control meteor's distance left or right aswell as using in midair, i found out against erod

Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:26 pm
BR Member

Currently Playing: SSF2, MGS 3, Melee, Project M
I think this has been mentioned several different times on the fora already. It's useful to use because it's totally noncommittal how you direct the meteor until you release it, making it a useful option coverage and zoning tool.

For Doom:
:marth: :donkeykong: :fox:
For Kicks:
:peach: :captainfalcon: :samus:

Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:31 pm

MGN Username: coollogic16
TheCodeSamurai wrote:
I think this has been mentioned several different times on the fora already. It's useful to use because it's totally noncommittal how you direct the meteor until you release it, making it a useful option coverage and zoning tool.

Very true, say your against DK. 1v1 online... you would see him moving trying to shield and hit you, so you use meteor finding out about the trick. So, you do charged mid-air meteor, (another trick), and move side ways, and meteor is fully charged, you use it, And you move it >, so you hit DK perfectly. so yeah, the trick's are good. you can do Death D-Air, attack with a smash and a throw, and then the enemy gets the death slash so they get spiked. simple with a few minutes of research here, and practice.

Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:27 am
SSF2 Developer

Currently Playing: Complacency breeds weakness. My opponents won't stop getting stronger, neither will I.
Haha I never noticed how long the armour on BM's dash attack lasts. Watch this gif frame-by-frame and we can see it last long enough for BM to put up a shield lol
https://gfycat.com/ExhaustedMisguidedChamois

Youtube: NinjaLobsterStudios
Stream: twitch.tv/ninjalobster

Click to expand thumbnail

Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:03 pm
 [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 27  Next