The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 5:31 pm

[ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 36  Next
Ichigo 

Location: That Little Place in Your Head You Don't Know About
Lord doughnut wrote:
BlazingBarrager wrote:
Was his Forward Tilt just as fast in .9a? I mean if it was slower than the traded speed for power would make sense. If not, then yeah it needs to be buffed.

Yea that's one of my main annoyances with his recovery. The fact that he has a fast drop from the air combined with his Up-Special covering little distance makes him more akin to Little Mac in Smash 4. I get that his Up-Special on the ground is a great combo starter and has great aerial defense, but considering his recovery has been bad for a while now it's a little lackluster. This especially goes with the fact that his DA is hard to pull off because of that slight start-up lag and how it can only hit opponents in the front. Making Getsuga Tenshou an extra recovery option is just plain stupid and further adds to how it's poorly represented in the game.

Getsuga Tenshou needs to go back to being an offensive projectile, not something used for defense and crowd control. The wind effect doesn't help much, it's so slow that it can be reflected with your shield (which I don't know why that was implemented), and it's out-prioritized by a mid-charge Rasengan. Down-Throw also needs to change because outside of being used for edge disruption it offers little damage or combo potential.

I think its the same speed.

I wouldn't compare his recover to Little Mac's, that's going to far. I wouldn't say that his up special is a good combo starter. I would say his recovery has improved a lot.

I am okay with both, but this gives GT more strategy instead of people just spamming it and also helps with his recovery.

Perfect or Power shielding, whatever you want to call it, was something from Melee and I am okay with it since it rewards you for timing.

Down throw is a great throw, its useful for starting combos, setting up tech chases and if you D.I. wrong, can lead into a f smash. It's a big improvement over his down throw last demo.

Ah.

Yeah I guess that is going too far. Still it needs improvement.

Something that would be good for GT is to have it as both an offensive and defensive option. Allow it to be a chargable projectile again, but keep the low charges like they are right now while the full charge being a powerful projectile. Don't know if you can keep the recovery aid with this, but still.

Yeah I know it's a mechanic from Melee. Still doesn't help that it's super easy to reflect Getsuga Tenshou with it because of its slow speed.

Really? Huh guess I need to practice with it more.

ImageImageImage

Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:33 pm

MGN Username: MaskofTruth
Currently Playing: SSF2
BlazingBarrager wrote:
Something that would be good for GT is to have it as both an offensive and defensive option. Allow it to be a chargable projectile again, but keep the low charges like they are right now while the full charge being a powerful projectile. Don't know if you can keep the recovery aid with this, but still.

That had better be one long as hell charging projectile.

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:58 pm

So yeah did some practice in Training Mode and it's really bothersome to see the invincibility lengths not matching the animations. Edge roll has like a 1 second invincibility duration, while his side and aerial evade doesn't have invincibility frames after the Shumpo effect ends. These seriously need to be buffed because his side evade is slow while his aerial evade has a long animation (thankfully landing during the animation has no lag).

Also Lord Doughnut who is Ichigo's DT good against as a combo starter? Lightweights? Heavyweights? Was using :wario: during Training and I had some trouble pulling it off.

MaskofTruth wrote:
BlazingBarrager wrote:

Like how long exactly? 5 seconds? Same charge length as Naruto's Rasengan charge? What?

ImageImageImage

Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:33 pm

MGN Username: KarkVant
Currently Playing: with my dick
I don't think Ichigo's neutral special is meant to be a great projectile, I think it's meant to be used as a distraction. It's just another movement restriction, and that helps with approaches. In effect, its a slow moving paralyzing clone: restricting opponents' options making them easier to read. It's a terrible projectile, but on purpose. Use it as a trap.

Image Image
Somebody hates my JJBA memes, so naturally I had to make more and put them in my signature

My main men: :captainfalcon: :metaknight:

For messing around: :samus: :zerosuitsamus: :donkeykong:

Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:44 pm

BlazingBarrager wrote:
So yeah did some practice in Training Mode and it's really bothersome to see the invincibility lengths not matching the animations. Edge roll has like a 1 second invincibility duration, while his side and aerial evade doesn't have invincibility frames after the Shumpo effect ends. These seriously need to be buffed because his side evade is slow while his aerial evade has a long animation (thankfully landing during the animation has no lag).

Also Lord Doughnut who is Ichigo's DT good against as a combo starter? Lightweights? Heavyweights? Was using :wario: during Training and I had some trouble pulling it off.

MaskofTruth wrote:
BlazingBarrager wrote:

Like how long exactly? 5 seconds? Same charge length as Naruto's Rasengan charge? What?

10 Seconds IMO. for a variable projectile that has the low hitstun multihit properties (low charge. Current version) and high KB strong projectile(high charge. .8~ demos) there should be a large degree of thought to what you want to use. If you want a strong projectile you have to dedicate 10 seconds, separate charging times or 1 long charge, to charging the 'killer tensho'

Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:36 pm

KarkVant wrote:
I don't think Ichigo's neutral special is meant to be a great projectile, I think it's meant to be used as a distraction. It's just another movement restriction, and that helps with approaches. In effect, its a slow moving paralyzing clone: restricting opponents' options making them easier to read. It's a terrible projectile, but on purpose. Use it as a trap.

I get how it was designed to be used. The problem is that it's not how Getsuga Tenshou works. It's supposed to be a heavy, damaging projectile like :naruto:'s Rasenshuriken and :goku:'s Kamehameha, not a weak projectile mean to trap and cause disruption to opponents. Honestly, I see this as a nerf since it reduces Ichigo's attack range and it's priority, while good, is not enough to block strong projectiles (a mid-charged Rasengan beats it). The start-up lag is also too long for this and the wind effect doesn't help much. The way I see it, they designed the Neutral Special in .9b as an attack to allow Ichigo an option for closing in on opponents, but with perfect guard being able to reflect projectiles and the projectile itself being so, damn slow it reduces its effectiveness.

MaskofTruth wrote:
10 Seconds IMO. for a variable projectile that has the low hitstun multihit properties (low charge. Current version) and high KB strong projectile(high charge. .8~ demos) there should be a large degree of thought to what you want to use. If you want a strong projectile you have to dedicate 10 seconds, separate charging times or 1 long charge, to charging the 'killer tensho'

Ten seconds sounds too long since that's longer than even his Bankai Neutral Special charge time. Maybe 6 or 7 seconds?

ImageImageImage

Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:54 pm

There is a typo in the moveset, it mixes his up aerial with goku's.

Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:47 pm

MGN Username: colm016
if an opponent is running at you use a neutral special when the opponent gets close the charge up pushes the attacker back so most dash attacks and grabs don't hit you while charging up neutral special and your attack will hit the enemy

who says ichigo doesn't have a counter :wee:

Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:56 pm
BR Member

MGN Username: mcompany
Currently Playing: ssf2,melee,pm,sm4sh
colm016 wrote:
if an opponent is running at you use a neutral special when the opponent gets close the charge up pushes the attacker back so most dash attacks and grabs don't hit you while charging up neutral special and your attack will hit the enemy

who says ichigo doesn't have a counter :wee:

Um... This only would work against someone with terrible spacing and approaches. Anyone else, and this probably would trade, or you'd get hit, and neutral b does not have that good of knockback

As for random b moves, short hop>immediate down b seems to be a decent option coverage for tech chases in the lab, how good is it actually?

ssf2 main: idk, haven't seriously played yet. secondaries/jokes: :gameandwatch: :marth: :link: :sandbag: :jigglypuff: :falco:

Pm main:g&w second: ROB, lucario

Sm4sh main: good question

Man do I wish there were local ssf2 tourneys or at least side events so my practice is actually worth it.

Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:47 pm

very

Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:54 pm

This is my suggestion how should Getsuga Tensho work:
Less startup time.
Make it work just like Crusade Ryu's Hadouken, if you just pressed special, you get the slow moving multihit projectile that isn't that powerful, if just after pressing special you pressed a direction, you get a powerful fast one hit projectile killing Mario at about 110% with perfect DI with similar startup time as today's Getsuga Tensho.

A scrubby :ichigo: main.
Shameless plugs:
Twitter
Youtube

If only I could participate in tournaments ;_;

Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:03 am

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
^^ Nice, I agree with your decisions

Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:53 pm

TheRebornBowser wrote:
^^ Nice, I agree with your decisions

Agreed. Also I would like to add that his Final Smash Neutral B work similar to Ike/Roy's Neutral B in that you can't save the charge and fully charging the move (where his Inner Hollow comes out) deals self-damage after firing the projectile (like 10% or 15%). Have the lower charges also have a faster execution than the full charge.

ImageImageImage

Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:18 pm

Just found out that Ichigo's wave dash does actually make momentum grabs useful. Free Spikes! :D

Kazaam in Training, don't judge me. :^)

Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:24 am

MGN Username: ShadowAssasin2600
I like to combine that momentum with Dsmash. Try it in a 1 stock match, trust me, you'il win easily

Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:08 am
 [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 36  Next