The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 7:36 pm

[ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 98  Next
Omnivident - Book 1: A War of Souls 

Still unaware of Maximilian's presence, Logan listened to the creature silently. The previous year's accident was still a touchy subject for him, and it took all of his restraint to keep from going off again. The beast's condescending demeanor didn't help matters, and the junior's eyes narrowed with each smug gesture. Suddenly, he snapped.
"Dunnae underestimate the butter knife!" He shouted, calling up his dirk and slinging it directly at the skeletal creature's stupid skull. It was a ploy, of course. Logan's intention was to give the impression that he was enraged. His opponent would clearly be anticipating the assault, but with any luck, the was the rest of the Scot's arsenal would take him by surprise. However, Logan had to consider keeping his secret weapon concealed. If what the hyena said was true, then banished demons were still capable of communicating with the others. It would be wise of him to keep them guessing.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:45 pm

Currently Playing: Dragonball Xenoverse, Civilization 5, Europa Universalis 4
Letting out a sigh of relief, Johnathan was glad it was all over. He shot Evelyn a look that looked like a "thanks", but felt like it wasn't enough so he decided to thank her verbally. "Thanks for saving me." It was his rashness that led him into that mess in the first place. The youth then looked around, trying to locate the others. "There." He said, pointing in Logan's direction. It seemed like he was still dealing with the hyena skeletal thing. He walked over with an eyebrow raised and asked," Done yet." Which was more a statement then a question. He knew it was pretty stupid to ask, but it was just a lame excuse to go over there. He couldn't just stand and spectate. He knew Logan could probably handle it, but it didn't feel like the right thing to do. Then again, alternately, so was not rushing to combat that thing he'd just faced wouldn't feel right either.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:42 pm

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
Damian looked down at the demon, now gone, and then he looked back at Evelyn "Cool, would be nice if you can teach me that." He told her as he looked toward Johnathan who now headed toward the dude facing some Hyena thing. He walked over to them as well and looked at the hyena creature, making only one comment "Wow you're ugly."

Last edited by Jack on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:10 pm

Currently Playing: Skyrim,Warframe, and League Of Lag
As Alice looked at the crane, Lotus managed to calm down. She walked over towards Alice slowly and whispered. "How do I hit this thing if it turns out to be.....Violent?" She glanced around looking for something, Even through she had no idea what. Did a ghost even leave a trail? She looked up at the top of the magnet, where the pebble fell from, hoping to see something. When she didn't she continued to watch Alice hoping to learn something about ghost 'hunting'.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:25 am
Site Admin

Ericson Street

Evelyn smiled sincerely, she was proud of what she had accomplished. Despite the bravado that she displayed in the face of the demon, she had an inkling of doubt that she'd be able to create what the book on Spiritorum had called a "Light Screen". Fortunately for her, she had been successful, which also meant that there was still much for her to learn concerning her light wisps. The big one, Damian, had asked her to teach him what he had done, though before she had the opportunity to tell him that it was only because of her gifting of Soul of Light that she was able to do so, he and Johnny had walked off following Maximilian and Logan.

All earlier elation quickly evaporated as she smacked the palm of her head in frustration. Quickly looking around to see if anyone was watching, she flew in the direction they had run.

----------------------------------------

As Logan expected, the skeletal hound quickly dodged the dirk with a quick flip, though before Logan could initiate stage two of his plan, the demon bounded from one wall to the next flipping over Logan and landing with a thud on Johnny, knocking him to the ground.

"How delectable" growled the demon as its eyes burned brightly and it stared into Johnny's eyes as if looking into the depths of his soul, "Let us make this more interesting" The skeletal structure of the demon hyena began to shift and change as jagged bones began to grow out of its skeletal structure giving it a more monstrous figure. It's teeth and talons extended, slightly tearing at Johnny's uniform. "Come any closer and the boy dies. Hu...hu..hu HA. HUH HA HA HAH HAH HU HU HAA"

Scrap Yard

Upon Alice's inspection the operator's cabin seemed fairly untouched. However in the corner of her eyes, she could see, or she thought she saw, something flicker in the reflection of one of the dials, though it was so brief it was hard to determine whether it was her imagination or a spirit. One thing was for sure, there was most definitely something of paranormal nature taking place in the scrap yard.

Library

Sanctuary

Hospital

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:19 pm

Currently Playing: Dota 2
Li was a bit flattered that Mr. Turner pointed out his politeness so blatantly, although this wasn't a bad thing at all. After sitting himself down comfortably, he got straight to the point.
"Well to start, can you describe anything odd that's been happening around the scrapyard before your accident?", he asked.

((I really have nothing to say for Dom. He's just waiting there))

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:57 pm

As anticipated, the hyena had no problem evading Logan's knife. The junior prepared to bring his weapons to bear against the creature when something unexpected happened. Jonathan and Jack had walked up beside him. The beast made a leap for the former, trapping him and threatening to skewer him with spear-like protrusions from its body.
"Come any closer and the boy dies. Hu...hu..hu HA. HUH HA HA HAH HAH HU HU HAA!" The thing growled with malicious glee. It was obvious that he was enjoying this.
Logan quickly threw his arm up in front of Jack to bar any ill-advised attempts at petty heroism that could get the boy killed. Suddenly, the junior saw something around the corner of the alley. It was Maximillian, and the hyena still hadn't seen him. Logan met his gaze and subtly gestured at the beast with his eyes, indicating that he should do something, and quickly.

Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:26 pm

Tsubaki heaved a huge sigh of relief. But before revealing her master plan she had more important things to do, namely tea. Since Tasha had no doubt heard the incredible wail too, Tsubaki excused herself for a moment to quickly assemble the aroma-less tea.

When she returned with the tea she said, "Put simply, I guess we'd have one of the club members play dress-up." She blew on the cup in front of her twice then added, "And go to your house, of course. It wouldn't make sense if they didn't."

OoC: Could I get a description of Tasha in this or the other thread, please? I meant to imply that earlier, but I guess I failed.

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:28 pm
Site Moderator

Maximilian stood idle through the whole event, shocked at that speed at which the create had moved and taken Johnny so quickly, so effortlessly. It was in this moment that Logan caught sight of Maximilian and with a subtle gesture attempted to call for Maximilian's aid.

"What in the hell am I supposed to do..." Maximilian uttered as he simply continued to watch before an idea sprang to him. With a tad bit of concentration the familiar feel of flowing water could be detected near by, rather beneath his very feet in the sewers. Frantically Maximilian searched for some way to tap into the sewer waters beneath his feet and after a few moments of search he discovered a storm drain not far from both the demon and himself. 'With any luck'- Maximilian began to think, 'I might be able to draw forth the water in a large enough mass to push the demon away from Johnny'. Taking a deep breath Maximilian broke into a full sprint for the storm drain hoping that the demon would not be able to react in time, and with as much force as he possibly could muster upon arriving at the drain, he summoned forth a column of water and unleashed it in the general direction of the beast.

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:56 am

Waifu: I'm married
Alice jumped at the sight of some figure in the corner of her eye. She looked behind her but found nothing. Regaining her composure, she turned and spoke to the others. "I don't think we're going to find anything new. Let's head back to the school and wait for Li. When night falls and we know more about what happened we'll return for a more thorough search."

"Well, that was easy," said Daniel, closing the door to his dorm room behind him. Gently he set the prize upon his bed and reopened it to the page that covered fire spells. It felt like a huge cloud of "old library book" scented perfume was just sprayed in his face. Humming excitedly to himself the teen set upon memorizing as much from the book as possible. Daniel had a strange premonition that there would be plenty of subjects to practice on in due time.

l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:55 pm
YIM WWW
BR Member

MGN Username: Savvy, eh?
Currently Playing: Savvy's Art Academy
Quoting because this was ages ago. : /
SS wrote:
"No," Adi replied to the antagonistic junior, "I'm going to tell you off for being weak. It is alright to have a sharp tongue but if that is all you have, you are no better than a barking dog. Personally, I don't care how you act, they call me an a****** behind my back after all but I get things done. I want results, not excuses. So what are you going to do now junior Krol?"

He had drawn out and stressed the last word. There was an answer he was looking for the boy. If anything he'd expect a hostile reaction, something that would probably lead to disappointment in expecting too much from the hot-headed fire user. But that was his aim all along, he wanted to know, of all things, how much would Krol take? And how much would he return?

August was taken aback by Adi's sharp reply. The junior had been paired with many an unsavory adjective over the course of his life, but "weak" was not one of them. The word felt like acid as it burned its way to the realm of his conscious thought. He was filled with an intense desire to prove that he could walk Adi's walk. He was not weak, and August was ready to do anything necessary to affirm that, as much to himself than to anyone else. Still feeling the sting of the insult, the boy spat back vehemently;
"Weak? I don't think you know who you're talking to, wise guy. I'm a deity, remember? I'll handle anything that anyone throws my way. You put that in your pipe and smoke it."

Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:54 pm

Currently Playing: The Game
Adi almost burst out laughing if he didn't have such stellar control. A smile formed on his lips again for the third time in the day. Yes, Krol was exactly as he'd imagined a fire-user to be. He brought his right hand to cover his mouth.

"Well, when your finger heals how about having a go with me? You might learn something," Adi flicked the hand after he said this and his weapon went flying past Krol's head.

It would loop around and do another pass on the junior's head when he was finished speaking but for now he held in place out of Krol's sight until he was finished.

"Now, how about we go check up on our friends eh? If I know Logan he'll be neck-deep by now."

Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:56 pm
Site Admin

Autumn, Friday, 15:10

Ericson Street

The demon was mildly shocked that there was yet another child in the vicinity, why weren't they in school or doing some sort of mundane thing that children regularly did. Nevertheless, the demon's laughter was cut short as he was momentarily torn between keeping his hostage or capturing this new strange interloper. Those few moments were all that Maximilian needed as he summoned forth a torrential force of water from the storm drain, causing the ground to rumble slightly from the amount of water moving, and directing it at the demon. The demon attempted to dodge the incoming blast of water, but its attempts were in vain, as it was thrown into the brick wall of the laundromat just as it leaped off of Johnny's body.

---------------------

Evelyn had been watching the scene from the rooftop of the neighbouring Burger Boom. She wasn't entirely sure what she'd be able to do without getting Johnny gutted like a fish. She didn't feel like she had enough energy to create another flash of light to blind the demon and her wisps would probably only serve to further annoy it. It was then that she saw Maximilian run to the storm drain and raise a powerful column of water and struck the demon. Her eyes widened at the amount of raw elemental force he used to manipulate the water, perhaps she had underestimated the guy.

---------------------

A series of light wisps flew from the heavens striking the demon as it struggled to get up. Flying down from the rooftop into the alley, Evelyn continued to pelt the demon with her light wisps while yelling: "Get it while it's down!!"

Hospital

"Ah yes," replied Mr. Turner sombrely "That night was quite peculiar indeed, I was making my rounds as usual; I had to make sure that we weren't having any more of those hoodlums sneaking into the scrap yard after hours, it's dangerous," he furrowed his brow as he thought about the rebellious children who would sneak into the scrap yard in its after hours. "Anyways, as I was walking, I heard the sound of tapping on a metallic surface, so I went to check what it was. But when I got to what I believed was the source, there was nobody there. This continued for a few more times until I was getting close to the area where we compress and melt the metals. I really thought someone was playing a prank on me so I called out for whoever it was to show themselves." Mr Turner stopped and looked at Li with a serious expression.

"What happened next...it was truly odd...I can tell that you're a sensible young man, but what I say is the truth, and no one can tell me otherwise. The radio, it started to play the oddest songs, and it wasn't a new radio either, it was an old radio that wasn't supposed to be working. It was junk. Yet somehow it was there playing. Next thing I know, the crane and the magnet become operational. So I ran to the operator's cabin to try and turn it off, but as I was running there the magnet focused on me. Let me tell you, that is an extremely powerful magnet. Unfortunately for me, my uniform consists of various other metallic based guards to protect me from the various objects within the scrap yard, as well as from other people I may run into. I'm not sure if you've heard, but that part of town is fairly dangerous after nightfall, there have been a few attacks.

The magnet literally picked me up by the fronts of my legs, bruising my bones, and nearly snapping my spine and ankles with the motion. I was released on a conveyor belt that led to the melting pot where all the metals are melted down. Oddly I found it incredibly difficult to move, as if I were frozen. I definitely felt cold. However I was able to roll off of the conveyor belt onto the ground below. That's when I bruised my ribs. It was then that everything suddenly went silent, as if nothing had happened at all. I got out my cellphone and called 911, and here I am today. Thankfully none of my bones were broken, but I will need physiotherapy. I hope I was able to help you in your news story."

Scrap Shop > Arclight Academy

The group having concluded their investigations left the scrap yard and went back into the scrap shop. Brody was on an errand so he was no longer in the shop, but Dean stood at the register.

"Well, now that you kids 're on the job, I know that things will be fixed 'round here soon," he said with a genuine smile as the kids left the store "Have a good day now" he said while tipping his oil stained trucker cap.

Instead of walking across town again, they were reasonably tired from their day's journey and got a group of taxis to take them back to the school.

Much to their luck, or misfortune depending on their attitude towards classwork, school had come to a close 10 minutes ago, though the campus was still very much active. Various students hung out in the front yard of the school, enjoying the last few days of fair weather before it became too cold to stay outdoors. Other students were on their way to the shuttles to ride to the Arclight Galleria Mall. Some of the classrooms were still presently in use by students who were members to the plethora of clubs on campus. While others simply chose to spend the rest of their day in the dormitory.

Sanctuary

Tasha tucked her wavy brown hair behind one of her ears, as she stared intently at the girl with hopefully bright grey eyes. "Really?" she said with a slight smile, fairly intrigued with the idea. She got up from her seat on the couch and took the other cup of tea gingerly, in order to not burn her delicate fingers. She blew on the liquid softly, and took a sip of the tea. She smiled as she savoured the flavour she had not ever had before. Tasha was a picture of gentle innocence, her hair kept in a ponytail, and her bangs swept to either side of her face, tucked behind her ears. She wore a pale green blouse and a plaid pencil skirt. It was the clothes that she had worn the day she was kidnapped. Truly, it was someone of vile nature who would ever dare to harm such a fragile beauty.

Daniel's Room

Book Excerpt wrote:
Western magic involves the use of incantations being conjugated into use. There are words of power, and the words of power must be conjugated in order to dictate to it what you would have do. In regards to the word of power kendere, which is fire in its most basic form, you can say kenda! Which will summon a ball of fire.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:31 pm

Currently Playing: nothing anymore
Now that the second creature/demon/whatever thing was down, it was time to strike. Damian decided to go for something either a bit over kill or pointless. He raised his left hand toward the demonic creature and cast a bolt of lightning at it, then he charged with the axe in his right hand aiming to break it apart and he swung with force at it's "head". Whether or not, he was making good choices, he knew he would find out.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:10 pm

Logan silently gave a Maximilian a quick thumbs up. He may not be much of a team player, but he had done very well. He returned his attention to the skeletal beast, which was now pinned against the wall.
"Get it while it's down!" Evelyn called from a nearby rooftop, pelting the creature with a barrage of wisps. Turning quickly on his heel, Logan charged toward the beast at full speed. He swung his hands over his head, summoning his claymore at the crux of the arc. With incredible momentum, the junior brought the sword down upon the creature with the intent of cleaving it in two.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:17 pm
 [ 1460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 98  Next