The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 14, 2020 6:31 pm

[ 5 posts ] 
Incarnations of Zesper 

These are a few of my RP children from oldest to most recent. Try to guess the similarities in between them.

This was my first one, a bit... unpolished.
Name: Zesper Valhallen
Groove Type: Wood/Plants
Groovy Weapon: VemShred: A over-sized battle scythe. It has a slightly curved handle, with a long blade with a pink tint. Vines grow around where the handle and blade meet. It has an eye at the center of those vines, meaning it has a mind of it's own. It can be thrown like a boomerang and will always come back to it's owner. Nobody else can hold it.
Skills: Zesper has the ability to fuse himself with, or control plant life. He is able to make plants move and grow at his will. He prefers not to move much, instead breaking down his body into flower petals And reforms them at his destination of choice. But he is very fast with his giant scythe when need be. Very flexible and acrobatic, Zesper is deadly at close combat. His moves are often described as break dancing. He also uses a wide variety of poisons and hallucinogens, which he infects his opponents with by throwing needles. He has restrictions however. Like plants, he uses sunlight for power and literally wilts if he does not get water. Not a big fan of the dark. Also, being very light, he can be blown off by the wind. CAUTION: FLAMMABLE.
Personality: Very breezy and chill, Zesper isn't one that can get mad easily. Even in tight situations, Zesper will make light of things, and is very sarcastic. He usually uses his powers to avoid fights, not start them.
Appearance: Very tall at 6.6" and very skinny, you could call him a stick man and not be exaggerating. Though skinny, he does have a six pack which he tends to brag about often. He has pinkish-blond shaggy hair down to his neck, and has very pale skin. His eye color is pink, and out of embarrassment, he wears big half sunglasses, half goggles to cover up his eyes. (He refers to them as "Gloggles".) Zesper wears a unbuttoned trench-coat which has two straps at the chest that cross, forming an X that hold the coat on him, black bell-bottomed pants, black platform disco shoes, a studded belt, no shirt, and a chain around his neck that holds a vile of mysterious substance.
Bio: Zesper Valhallen, just got kicked out of college when he "mysteriously" caused all the plants in the greenhouse to grow out of control, causing the destruction of half the college campus. Even if there was no proof linking him to the incident besides the the fact that he was the only one in the greenhouse at the time, he was still layed off. So he spends his time doing odd jobs so he can pay his rent. He only eats meat, because of his fondness for plant life. He often refers to them as his "Beauties". Zesper gets his odd name from the result of both his parents being hippies.
Others: He may not look it, but Zesper is the master of disco and break dancing. He will never turn down a dance-off, especially if there is a prize involved. One of his pastimes is playing his guitar out on the street for money. He has a pet cactus named Spot back at his apartment.

My second one
Name: Zesper Gastronburg
Class: Paladin
Appearance: Zesper stands tall at 6.5 feet, and has muscular build. He has fairly short and spiky, light pink hair, and sideburns. He also sports a goatee of the same color on his chin. He has many scars across his body, one right under his bottom lip that comes down to his chin. Zesper has pale skin, despite him traveling to different exotic locations. His eyes are a shade of pale pink, and are always fixed in a stern gaze. He wears a fancy white breastplate with black trim, with chain-mail underneath. His arms are covered in white plate armor, and wears black gauntlets that give his fingers the appearance of claws. Zesper's legs are also covered in fancy white armor with black trimmings, and to top it off, wears white boots, with black iron covering the toes. Over all this, he wears a big, black billowing cape, that's ripped and torn at the bottom, to cover up all the armor. The part of the cape around his neck comes up to his face, covering the lower half of his face up to his nose. Because of all the weight of the armor, he is slow when it comes to agility. He is rarely ever seen out of his combat outfit.
Personality: Zesper is a man of very few words. He is very stern, and has a gruff disposition. He usually answers questions in a grunt, or a quick "yes" or "no". Not a man that you would strike up a conversation with. Though quiet, he is quite the thinker. Zesper has won many a battle with his strategic thinking. His quietness often leads to people leading him around, and making decisions for him. Zesper is a man of honor, despite the savage clan he works for, and always believe in a fair fight against a fellow warrior.
Biography: Zesper used to be a wyvern rider for Dragon Fang clan back before they split into two. Quite the skilled rider, he often went on hunting trips and missions with other riders, wanting to prove himself as a asset so he could become a wyvern lord. One fateful trip, his hunting party came across a hostile dragon. The rest of his party fled, but foolhardy Zesper wanted to prove how skilled he was and stayed back to try to fight the dragon. He was wounded badly and his beloved wyvern was eaten alive. Zesper narrowly escaped death and came back to his clan, half dead. After being treated to by healers, his clan wanted him to get back to fighting as fast as he could, and offered to replace his deceased wyvern with a new one, but upon hearing the offer, Zesper snapped and left the clan and his family, claiming "They were fools for thinking they could replace his dearly beloved wyvern" and quit the ways of the rider.
Zesper traveled the land for years, being a freelancer and fought battles for pay, slowly loosing the cheerful personality he had years ago. One day, he came across a clan called the "Black Horizon". Upon seeing the mercenary and his skills, they hired Zesper to "help out" their clan, and made him a Cavalier. He now works for the Black Horizon, and is currently on a solo raiding party, and is now about to return to the clan, only to find it in ruins.
Weapon: A unusually large, two handed bastard sword that he wields with only one hand. It has a decorated hilt with single red ruby at the center, and the metal itself has a pinkish tint.

The third.
Name: Zesper Pending
Appearance: Zesper is 6ft 1in, and is quite skinny. His shaggy pale pink hair is tied into a ponytail that reaches the bottom of his neck, but regardless of the ponytail, he still has some messy bangs. His eyes, like his hair, are also a pale pink and are usually only half-open, there are also bags under his eyes from sleep deprivation, and he is always wearing a blank expression on his face. He sports a plain white dress shirt with a red tie, and black dress pants with suspenders, and wears some black leather dress shoes. (Which he as a fetish for shining to a unnatural luster.) Over all this, Zesper wears a dirty, dark green, unbuttoned trench coat with a red scarf dangling out of a side pocket. He is always seen with an old and worn briefcase.

Personality: Zesper is what you would call “listless”. Despite being a detective, his personality contrasts what the ideal detective should be. He is usually seen lounging about, and doesn’t really have a lot of motivation. Not a lot holds his attention, and he usually only peruses cases that hold his interest with really no sense of justice. Despite his sluggish and languid appearance, Zesper highly intelligent and is always thinking, though not usually about the task at hand, and is always second-guessing, even the smallest things. Zesper also has a quirky way of talking, his voice usually dripping of sarcasm even if the situation is serious, and waves his hands about to explain things in detail, making him look like he is conducting an orchestra. Sometimes he makes up words that he thinks would better describe the situation then any pre-existing word would. He also has a tendency to lie about the most insignificant things. One of his hobbies is making paper models of famous items and landmarks, sometimes even ripping up important papers to support his habit, getting him into trouble with clients. Another bad habit of his is smoking. Zesper carries around with him a seemingly ever-ending supply of fat cigars. Though he lights them, he is never actually puts one up to his mouth, but instead, just waves them around in a half-assed attempt to look more sophisticated.

Reason for boarding the train: After his detective office was shut down for poor work, and turning down almost all the cases presented to him, and overall being of no help to the citizens, Zesper was in need of money. Then a letter addressed to him came in the mail. It was from an old friend of his that had heard about Zesper being a detective, and was asking Zesper to come down south so that they could start their own detective office, and work as partners. Zesper, being in dire need of a job, couldn’t turn down such an offer, and immediately wrote back saying that he would board the next train south (leaving out the fact that his last job had failed.) So then using the last of his money, he bought tickets and boarded the train.

There is a fourth, but I never finished or used him due to the fact that the RP "Defect" never took flight.

The fifth and most recent RP character of mine in MG.
Name: Zesper McGothern (Prefers to be called “Luck”)
Sex: Male
Weapon: A wide assortment of knives, and a short sword.
Profession: Assassin for hire.
Abilities/Attributes: Good at stealth, acrobatics, throwing knives, acting and disguise, and okay at close combat.
Background: Zesper was born into a family of great poverty. Because of his mother died while in childbirth and his father had left the family before he was ever born, Zesper was raised out on the streets by his older brother. They would make means to survive by going to local taverns to gamble, and bet for money, food and clothing. But since losing meant going hungry, they often cheated. Over the years, they became quite skilled, reeling in a steady sum of money, and thought that their luck would never run out. But luck always runs out sooner or later. Their days of lying and cheating finally caught up to them, as they were discovered as cheaters, due to a fatal slip-up during a bet. All the people they had deceived over the years were furious and demanded that the sibling repay the money. Money that the brothers had already spent. Then during an attempt to escape the town that they grew up in, Zesper’s brother was killed by a mob, Zesper himself narrowly escaping with his life.
For many weeks, Zesper roamed the countryside, usually stealing from farms he came across, with no real objective in mind. He was still traumatized from the murder of his brother, and still hadn’t quite gotten over it. One day as he was walking down a dirt road, he happened across a troupe of traveling performers. Upon seeing the boy, and hearing his sad story, they immediately took pity and adopted him into the group. It was there that he learned his talent for acrobatics and daring stunts, often involving knives. Traveling performers were often targets for bandits, so he was trained in the basics of combat. They often traveled to various towns, dressed up in silly costumes, and performed for the villagers. The troupe was a small, happy family, and ran smoothly for a few more years. But once again, luck ran out. The troupe was running out of funding, and the roads were getting too dangerous to travel on. So after a tearful goodbye, the group parted ways, and never saw one another again.
Zesper, now in his early twenties, was resorting back to his old tactics of stealing and gambling to survive, but the years of training in the troupe had made him much, much better at it. With all the crimes being committed, Zesper started to mix in with shady people. One of them convincing him that he had the talent to be an assassin. Taking the advice seriously, he started to murder people for money, clients meeting with him at odd (and often awkward) locations to discuss the hit, each victim a little more important then the last.
Now the current day Zesper is a veteran assassin that is well respected in the world of crime. Famous for his assassinations of people who seemed to be impossible to kill. His methods of killing are quite odd though, as he gambles with his victim’s life, earning him the title “The assassin of luck” or simply “Luck”. He carries around a pair of dice and when he finds his target, he will roll the dice and if he gets a number over six, he will delay the murder a day, sometimes his targets live for months because of this.
Personality: The best way to describe Luck would be to say that he's a troubled soul. Ever sense the death of his brother, Zesper's mind was never been quite sane. He suffers from multiple personality disorder. One second friendly and seemingly caring. The next, hostile and condescending. The only trait that seems to stick with him at all times is his ability to be cunning, crafty, and calculating. At times, it will be to much to bear and Zesper will have a breakdown. Over the years, his consideration for other human life has whittled down to virtually nothing, treating others as playing pieces to some elaborate game. He is well aware of his lack of mental stability, but never really confronts it, and in his own words describes it as "a emotional detachment that shows professionalism". Zesper also suffers from extreme paranoia, and is unable to rely on others. The only person he trusts is Lady Luck. Not truly good nor evil, his loyalties lie with the highest bidder.
Appearance:Zesper stands at a 6’4, far taller then most people of his age would be excepted to grow, but being without food in his childhood has made him lean and lanky in his adult life. He has shaggy light-pink hair that is fairly long that comes down to about his chin, his bangs often obscuring and getting in the way of his also light-pink eyes, with bags underneath them. His mouth is always in a thin smile that spreads from one side of his face to the other. For clothes, he wears a simple white dress shirt, a brown leather vest (with decorative imprints) over it, and black cotton pants, with brown leather boots, and brown leather, finger-less gloves that come up to his elbows. On both arms are hidden blades concealed in the leather of the glove around his wrists. One thing that stands out about Zesper is the large belt that he wears that comes up to the top of his stomach. It’s not the size that makes it stand out, but the fact that there seems to be dozens of throwing knives and other sharp instruments attached to it and the vest. Also, there is a short sword resembling a katana tied to his left leg. On his other leg is a 5 yard long coil of metallic rope that has a strong magnetic force to it. Zesper uses it like a whip to retrieve knives he has thrown without having to go near them. Over all this he wears a white hooded silk cloak. It used to reach the ground, but from years of wear and tear, comes up to his ankles. When he has a target to kill, he wears a simple white mask that covers his face, with no mouth hole or nose hole, just two holes for the eyes.
Feel free to criticize or tell me what I could do better. (Besides the fact that I always name them Zesper, and that they always have pink hair.)

Last edited by Zesper on Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:23 pm

One, two, three, five... something tells me I'm missing something here...

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:58 pm

WereBob wrote:
One, two, three, five... something tells me I'm missing something here...

Hahahaha. Your funny. Didn't you read the sentence in between three and five?

Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:13 pm

Error: 4+0=/=5.

(Is the Bonus question they're all over 6 feet tall)

With a smile I'm flowin'
And if I be trollin'
Ya never be knowin'
'Cause when the haters get goin'
My eyes just start a-rollin'

Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:19 pm

WereBob wrote:
Error: 4+0=/=5.

(Is the Bonus question they're all over 6 feet tall)

Yes! You win the prize!

And I was too lazy to make McGothern the fourth. And besides, If a burst of inspiration ever hits me, I could always finish the fourth one.

Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:21 pm
 [ 5 posts ]