The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 4:40 am

Forum rules

DO NOT POST YOUR OWN UNFINISHED GAMES YOU'VE CREATED HERE!

To post about your own projects go here: viewforum.php?f=41

[ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
[MP] Capcom Vs. series 

Discuss the Marvel Vs. Capcom series here.

Let's start this discussion off with the future of the series. As you may or may not have heard, Capcom has officially stated that they will not be supporting Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 with any kind of downloadable content. This is very disappointing as I'm sure there are many people who would have liked them to have shown this game the same support that they showed Super Street Fighter IV, but this revelation opens the door for a new question: What does the future hold for Marvel Vs. Capcom?

Personally, I want to see Marvel Vs. Capcom become Capcom's Super Smash Bros., in a manner of speaking that they periodically allow Capcom's superstars to battle against Marvel's heroes. It wouldn't just be a good deal for Capcom, it would make Marvel Comics look good as well.

I'm hoping to see a Marvel Vs. Capcom 4 eventually released for PlayStation 4, XBox 720, and Wii U and I want Capcom to make the game truly great this time as opposed to just cashing in on the name "Marvel Vs. Capcom" like they did with number three. I want to see all of Capcom's classic stars return (this includes Captain Commando, Jin Saotome, and, of course, Mega Man) and overall, I want to see the Capcom Vs. series become a major franchise from Capcom from now on in the same way that Super Smash Bros. is a major franchise for Nintendo.

But enough about what I want; please give your two cents as to where you think the Marvel Vs. Capcom series should go from here.

EDIT: This is now a topic for the Capcom Vs. series as a whole, which includes Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom and Capcom Vs. SNK.

Last edited by Devon on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 06, 2012 1:37 pm

Currently Playing: UNIST
..I guess this topic was pretty much needed.

I'm just gonna be an a****** and say I want Capcom to troll as much as they possibly can by abusing Mega Man. I'm not even joking. The fans' reactions are just so funny. Put in X Clone if ya can, Capukom.

..But I do want Cyclops.

Sun May 06, 2012 1:45 pm
YIM
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
People like you should get off the computer.

Anyway, I don't think they should turn this into a regular thing. Honestly, we were lucky to get a three, I think a four would be pushing it.

Sun May 06, 2012 1:47 pm

Ramsey wrote:

Anyway, I don't think they should turn this into a regular thing. Honestly, we were lucky to get a three, I think a four would be pushing it.

But c'mon. Just look at how the fans react. Some went s*** over Volnutt being in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom instead of the one they wanted. Then they're all "the mega man i want isn't in so i wont buy it". Which.. I find utterly hilarious to be honest.

Sun May 06, 2012 1:51 pm
YIM

Currently Playing: Apple
Waifu: Apple
i have 2 and have played 3 i actually kinda prefer 2 not for the characters but gameplay wise

I AM APPLE

Sun May 06, 2012 5:23 pm

If they aren't supported 3 they are definitely not making a 4. For whatever reason, Capcom wanted to f*** with this game even though it's gotten immense popularity in tournaments and was slowly becoming one of the most popular tournament games out today. Instead they just decide to be done with it , shows that Capcom just doesn't really care for the series anymore.

Sun May 06, 2012 6:15 pm

Currently Playing: Apple
Waifu: Apple
the fact that they have left out a bunch of characters not just megaman that could be wonderful candidates and they aren't even adding anything more via DLC kinda shows that

I AM APPLE

Sun May 06, 2012 6:39 pm

Belthazar666 wrote:
If they aren't supported 3 they are definitely not making a 4. For whatever reason, Capcom wanted to f*** with this game even though it's gotten immense popularity in tournaments and was slowly becoming one of the most popular tournament games out today. Instead they just decide to be done with it , shows that Capcom just doesn't really care for the series anymore.

If you want to go that route, then Capcom never cared for the series at all. Otherwise, they would have put forth a real effort into making Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 as opposed to just rushing the game in order to cash in on the Marvel Vs. Capcom name.

Perhaps you're right, it may be another ten years before we get a Marvel Vs. Capcom 4 or we may never get it at all. That's a shame because Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 was one of the greatest fighting games of its time—a greatness that MVC3 ultimately failed to live up to. I'm sure that everyone was hoping that Capcom would show Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 the same respect that they showed Street Fighter IV but that's never going to happen now.

It's a real shame, making a Marvel Vs. Capcom 4 and going back to the gameplay that MVC2 had with an even larger roster that that game would undoubtedly make them loads of money.

Then again, if Capcom had any respect left for the fans, they never would have blamed us for the cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3, but that's totally different rant that doesn't belong in this particular thread.

It's ultimately a piss-poor showing from Capcom. I mean, how can you make a game that was originally intended to be little more than a vehicle for DLC and then decide not to support it AT ALL? It's very counter-productive and makes no sense. I can hope, though... :(

Sun May 06, 2012 7:32 pm

Taro/Fury wrote:
the fact that they have left out a bunch of characters not just megaman that could be wonderful candidates and they aren't even adding anything more via DLC kinda shows that

The only planned characters for the original MVC3 (and not talking about the ultimate version) were Jill, Shuma Gorath, Doctor Octopus, Silver Surfer, Frank West, and Phoenix Wright. After that, Capcom scrapped the DLC plans and decided to punch in an ultimate version with 12 new characters (which Frank West and Phoenix Wright managed to get on).

Also, I don't think Ryota has ever touched the Marvel vs Capcom series (or if he did, he must've had amnesia) because he thinks Mega Man can't adapt to a fighting game at all... But apparently, somehow, is in the first two Marvel vs Capcom games. It just felt like Ryota doesn't want him in Marvel vs Capcom 3 at all. Heres an actual quote from his interview:

Ryota Niitsuma wrote:
Ryota Niitsuma: I assume you’re talking about the original Mega Man. There was a Mega Man slot for this game – we had room for a character from that series. But when it came to the propriety of that character being in a fighting game, Mega Man has some problems.

If we were to adapt the original Mega Man character into a fighting game he would have to have a lot more extra moves and abilities, and that would then create a different Mega Man entirely. You couldn’t retain his original character as he is. So we looked into other Mega Mans, and decided that Zero had the best list of moves already in existence when it comes to fitting into a fighting game.

Mon May 07, 2012 10:51 pm

Ryota Niitsuma wrote:
Ryota Niitsuma: I assume you’re talking about the original Mega Man. There was a Mega Man slot for this game – we had room for a character from that series. But when it came to the propriety of that character being in a fighting game, Mega Man has some problems.

If we were to adapt the original Mega Man character into a fighting game he would have to have a lot more extra moves and abilities, and that would then create a different Mega Man entirely. You couldn’t retain his original character as he is. So we looked into other Mega Mans, and decided that Zero had the best list of moves already in existence when it comes to fitting into a fighting game.

Oh yes, the people who can give Pheonix f*** Wright a moveset can't come up with a moveset proper enough for the classic Mega Man. How foolish we all are!

You know what would convince me another Marvel vs Capcom must be made? If they make a whole universe out of it. Give me a giant plot of characters branching from multiple series, give me cinematic rivalries I can't imagine, give me some f*** cutscenes! That's what'll convince me I need to waste my money on another Marvel vs Capcom title!

Mon May 07, 2012 11:00 pm

I love the Marvel Vs Capcom series. I honestly like 3 more than the others.
2 might as well been named Street Fighter(and friends) vs Xmen(and those other marvel guys).

Tue May 08, 2012 8:27 pm
Site Admin

Currently Playing: Undertale
Duck Highwind wrote:
2 might as well been named Street Fighter(and friends) vs Xmen(and those other marvel guys).

Who cares about the character selection? It was still ridiculously broad, and the engine is on point.

Tue May 08, 2012 11:24 pm

Ramsey wrote:
Duck Highwind wrote:

Who cares about the character selection? It was still ridiculously broad, and the engine is on point.

I agree with that.
I actually wanted to be pro watching others waay better than me play haha.

Wed May 09, 2012 5:51 am

Death'saWoopingRiot wrote:
Ryota Niitsuma wrote:

Oh yes, the people who can give Pheonix f*** Wright a moveset can't come up with a moveset proper enough for the classic Mega Man. How foolish we all are!

You know what would convince me another Marvel vs Capcom must be made? If they make a whole universe out of it. Give me a giant plot of characters branching from multiple series, give me cinematic rivalries I can't imagine, give me some f*** cutscenes! That's what'll convince me I need to waste my money on another Marvel vs Capcom title!

They seem to be able and unable to make attacks for such random characters.
"HNGH MOVESET FOR GIRL FROM QUIZ GAME IS POSSIBLE BUT SPEED RACER? OH, NO."

Wed May 09, 2012 3:34 pm
YIM

Waifu: Shiori Tsukada
Kuro Kagami wrote:
Ramsey wrote:

But c'mon. Just look at how the fans react. Some went s*** over Volnutt being in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom instead of the one they wanted. Then they're all "the mega man i want isn't in so i wont buy it". Which.. I find utterly hilarious to be honest.
I would of went s*** too if I had my opinion at the time.

Volnutt doesn't exactly scream hey I got combos that aren't awkward!

Fri May 18, 2012 2:18 pm
 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next