The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:29 am

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Alice in Wonderland 2010 

It seems the common opinion is this movie is either "average" or "utter s***". So yeah, I think I'll pass on this one. I'll just watch the GOOD Disney one again.

[11:08:57 PM] Luke: http://puu.sh/1WGsn
[11:09:42 PM] Luke: like ok if it was something funny
[11:09:44 PM] Luke: but
[11:09:50 PM] Luke: really
[11:15:07 PM] Super High School Level Shut-in: lol sigged xD

Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:51 pm

I went to go see it, but the 3-D version was sold out, and I don't want to watch it in 2-D...

So I'll just watch it next week.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:14 pm

Currently Playing: FF13, Naruto: UNS2, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Black Ops, & AC: Brotherhood
I haven't heard much about this movie, but from what I have heard, its a decent movie. According to my friends its not bad but its not great, its just good. Apparently I'm being dragged along this weekend and am going to watch it.

PS3 Info:
PSN: KazuoMitarashi
Black Ops: 2nd Prestige Level 44
Brotherhood: Level 50
I also play Dissidia 012 Duodecim on Ad-hoc.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:27 pm

pimp_named_slinkback wrote:
It seems the common opinion is this movie is either "average" or "utter s#%$&".

Well according to every one Else's opinions its actually between. So yeah its better to watch it when it becomes rent able and when one of your friends do rent just watch it from them.

When life gives you milk, churn butter.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:55 pm

I saw it the other day in 3-D, great movie. I probably would have enjoyed it more in 2-D though.

Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:49 am
YIM WWW

Penguin Genocide wrote:
I went to go see it, but the 3-D version was sold out, and I don't want to watch it in 2-D...

So I'll just watch it next week.

I keep my 3D glasses so I can buy a 2D ticket and sneak in.
Unless they're at separate halls.

Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:14 pm

Okay, I just watched Alice in Wonderland on Saturday...

Here's my honest review:

It was not good in my opinion. The cast was brilliant, the visuals were pretty to look at, but ultimately the story wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Wonderland is a bizarre place but the movie didn't not really add the feel of "awe" and "nostalgia", instead it was dark and gloomy place that did not seem familiar in some occasions. The movie was more like an action movie and a sequel. I think Tim Burton changed the story too much and strayed too far from the more familiar story. Overall, I enjoyed watching it.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:03 pm

do you mean 'than a sequel', because it was a sequel to the original story IIRC.

Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:47 pm
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
I enjoyed the movie, it was classic Tim Burton. Story wasn't altered beyond what I'd expected, Alice in Wonderland wouldn't really do well as a movie without alterations anyway. Characters were fleshed out more than they were in the books, and it seemed that there were some scenes that would make a 3D viewing worth the extra money. (I get headaches from 3D goggles, so I went for the digital version)

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:29 pm

As promised, I came back just to post this (and check other things)
The 3D was utter crap. Half the time there wasn't anything 3D (or it was very subtle)
The movie wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either
Like others have said, near the end it starts to drift off and becomes less enjoyable (that chess board battlefield was nice though)

Some praise now.
Costumes. I really think the costumes were quite fantastic (especially when Alice was 'Um', totally epic dress)
Visual effects. Can't really praise visual effects since it was a Tim Burton movie, and usually visual effects for his movies are top notch

Children - Geno

Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:59 pm
Legendary Ghost

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XI, Left 4 Dead 2
CardCaptor Sakura wrote:
The 3D was utter crap. Half the time there wasn't anything 3D (or it was very subtle)
Like others have said, near the end it starts to drift off and becomes less enjoyable (that chess board battlefield was nice though)

Some praise now.
Costumes. I really think the costumes were quite fantastic (especially when Alice was 'Um', totally epic dress)
Visual effects. Can't really praise visual effects since it was a Tim Burton movie, and usually visual effects for his movies are top notch

So they didn't use the 3D capabilities after all? I mean, with all that stuff running and flying at the screen, you'd think they'd have quite some chances to make the audience jump up in their seat.

"Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants. I don't see many ice giants around."

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:08 pm

Hakker wrote:
CardCaptor Sakura wrote:

Some praise now.

So they didn't use the 3D capabilities after all? I mean, with all that stuff running and flying at the screen, you'd think they'd have quite some chances to make the audience jump up in their seat.

No, not really. The only 3D I remember was leaves raingin down (before Alice meets Bayard) and those insect things (when she first gets into 'Underland')

I also have a complaint about the movie's name. 'Alice in Underland' would have been more approriate since 'Wonderland' is not mentioned at all. They only mention Underland.

Children - Geno

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:17 pm

Saw it....

f*** EPIK s***.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:41 pm

Currently Playing: with power. Nintendo power.
Fan fiction. That's all the movie was. When you consider how all the characters are put in, and how Alice somehow manages to lose her clothes every time she changes her size, it gets much more obvious that this movie is the big-budget 3D equivalent of a decent online fan fiction.
Also, the most impossible thing about the movie? A woman getting an apprenticeship in a trading company in Victorian England.

I just got Kid Icarus.
And it is ridicarus.

I should warn you for that

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:59 pm

Have you even read all 3 of the books? It's based on mostly the last 2 but the flashbacks are from Through the Looking Glass.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:23 am
 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next