The McLeodGaming forums were permanently closed on April 30th, 2020. You are currently viewing a read-only archive.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 15, 2020 12:11 am

[ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
My Huge Super Smash Flash 2 Speculation Roster Analysis 

Waifu: zero suit wario
blackking1700 wrote:
No I don't know much about the character, but honestly nothing about the character(that I've heard from the community) actually sparks uniqueness . There have been other characters in the smash series with healing mechanics(WIi Fit Trainer), a good majority of the roster has projectiles(BD throws his spear and, yes ZSS has a projectile as well), and his(from what I've heard) main weapon is a Whip which another character already has, and unlike swords, there are even less ways to swing a whip. Marth and Lloyd aren't clones because unlike a whip, there are several different types of sword fighting, not to mention the powers and mythology behind each different character with a sword(Sora's Disney friendship power and Ike's Aether abilities). Sadly the same thing doesn't exist dor whips. My argument is that nothing I've heard about the character or his potential moveset brings anything original to the game, and that contradicts his 5th point, that's all I'm saying. I'm not talking away the fact that he's not possible and I would be fine with his inclusion, however I don't believe it will happen and I'm probably the only one who thinks so.

Simon Belmont can use Cross Boomerangs, axes, daggers, holy water not to mention he could borrow moves from other vampire hunters of the franchise.
If you want to criticisize a specific character, the least you can do is make some research about them.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:46 pm

BluePikmin11R wrote:
I will answer your questions and some of your responses tomorrow, but in the meantime. Feel free to give an opinion if you have not, I'd love to know yours~

:mrgreen:

Ehhh...A bit too many 3rd parties for my blood. (This was why Smash 4's roster kind of turned me away from it a little.) Otherwise, nice roster here and there. I'd also add Anna (for the sake of being a Merchant, she could quite literally use ANYTHING from FE) or Roy (He'd be pretty quick to make, and his fire attacks could help set him apart from Marth as they do in the official Smash games.)

Last edited by dragonballhero on Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:01 pm

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
Kirb-Star wrote:
If you want to criticize a specific character, the least you can do is make some research about them.

This guy knows what's up
He certainly does Image

Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:03 pm

MGN Username: blackking1700
Kirb-Star wrote:
blackking1700 wrote:
No I don't know much about the character, but honestly nothing about the character(that I've heard from the community) actually sparks uniqueness . There have been other characters in the smash series with healing mechanics(WIi Fit Trainer), a good majority of the roster has projectiles(BD throws his spear and, yes ZSS has a projectile as well), and his(from what I've heard) main weapon is a Whip which another character already has, and unlike swords, there are even less ways to swing a whip. Marth and Lloyd aren't clones because unlike a whip, there are several different types of sword fighting, not to mention the powers and mythology behind each different character with a sword(Sora's Disney friendship power and Ike's Aether abilities). Sadly the same thing doesn't exist dor whips. My argument is that nothing I've heard about the character or his potential moveset brings anything original to the game, and that contradicts his 5th point, that's all I'm saying. I'm not talking away the fact that he's not possible and I would be fine with his inclusion, however I don't believe it will happen and I'm probably the only one who thinks so.

Simon Belmont can use Cross Boomerangs, axes, daggers, holy water not to mention he could borrow moves from other vampire hunters of the franchise.
If you want to criticisize a specific character, the least you can do is make some research about them.

I'm not criticizing anything, I'm not saying what he's got isn't good or any of that good jizz. I'm just saying he doesn't bring anything new to the roster because what he does have are things that we've already seen. The daggers and Axe are primarily used as projectiles(and I'm aware they can also be used as melee weapons), Fire Bombs/Holy Water and Cross Boomerangs(Link and Toon Link have all of these, though Ness' PK Fire may be more accurate to the Holy Water), nothing he has hasn't already been done, maybe the axe but using a secondary weapon as a main weapon for uniqueness is wrong. And even if the hearts system was implemented, that mechanic was used with Robin(and I checked, hearts are the equivalent of MP in Castlvania for all sub-weapons). Again I'm not knocking the character and wouldn't mind his inclusion, but tell me one thing he's got that no other character has, tell me about a mechanic he could have that would be unique to him or a playstyle that would be unique to him. Again don't mind his inclusion, but after doing the research like you suggested I've found that he contradicts more than just that one statement and only furthered my point. Just my opinion.

@Bedoop Now who knows what's up! :P

Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:32 pm

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
blackking1700 wrote:
Kirb-Star wrote:
blackking1700 wrote:

I'm not criticizing anything, I'm not saying what he's got isn't good or any of that good jizz. I'm just saying he doesn't bring anything new to the roster because what he does have are things that we've already seen. The daggers and Axe are primarily used as projectiles(and I'm aware they can also be used as melee weapons), Fire Bombs/Holy Water and Cross Boomerangs(Link and Toon Link have all of these, though Ness' PK Fire may be more accurate to the Holy Water), nothing he has hasn't already been done, maybe the axe but using a secondary weapon as a main weapon for uniqueness is wrong. And even if the hearts system was implemented, that mechanic was used with Robin(and I checked, hearts are the equivalent of MP in Castlvania for all sub-weapons). Again I'm not knocking the character and wouldn't mind his inclusion, but tell me one thing he's got that no other character has, tell me about a mechanic he could have that would be unique to him or a playstyle that would be unique to him. Again don't mind his inclusion, but after doing the research like you suggested I've found that he contradicts more than just that one statement and only furthered my point. Just my opinion.

@Bedoop Now who knows what's up! :P

He has everything you mentioned. Zamus doesn't have boomerangs, Link doesn't have a hearts mechanic, and Robin doesn't use a whip.

He could have a moveset based around adapting to different play styles and using his huge arsenal kinda like MegaMan but more disjoint and physical projectile oriented.

Besides, both Isaac and Ness use elemental abilities, fine.
Samus and Megaman both have chargeable Energy N-Spec with their arm cannons, fine.
Zamus and Luffy both have tether Up and Side spec, fine.
Bomberman, Link, and Samus all have bomb related moves, fine.
Link and Pit both use bow and arrows, fine.
Pit and Lloyd both use dual short swords (daggers? idk), fine.
Peach and Link both have Down-Bs that give them a throwable offensive item, fine.
Kirby, Wario, and Yoshi all have an "eating" N-spec, fine.
Ness, Black Mage, Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Sora, Megaman, Zelda all have fire related moves, fine.
Pikachu and Chibi-Robo have electric based moveset, fine.

A dude who uses a chain whip (I think it can also be a Morning Star in some of the games iirc), has an f-ton of throwable weapons, fights vampires, has a stage already ingame, and an iconic character? F-THAT!

Might as well not add Bill Rizer because Fox, Falco, Zamus, Samus, Megaman and Chibi-Robo uses "guns" already

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:31 am

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
Bedoop wrote:
Kirb-Star wrote:
If you want to criticize a specific character, the least you can do is make some research about them.

This guy knows what's up
He certainly does Image

Dammit you had me excited that the devs released new smilies there. Oh well, the day will come.

Anyways BluePikmin, that's a pretty decent roster you got there, except for Shadow and Paper Mario.
For Sonic reps I only want Knuckles and no more. 4 Sonic reps is too much, and Knuckles deserves the last spot alot more. And although Shadow I admit has possible moveset potential he really only sits well with hardcore fanboys. Who are in reality the minority (I think).
And like Harr said for Paper Mario, I don't want two versions of the same character regardless of their moveset potential.

But everything else is OK. Personally I wouldn't include that many 3rd party characters, but not too bad nonetheless.
blackking1700 wrote:
I Think the lack of retro reps in the starting roster is most likely because they wanted to save them as unlockable's in the final version.

I agree. And I'd honestly love to see a couple more retro characters here and there, they often provide some of the most interesting movesets in my opinion.

Oh and yeah, Simon should definitely be in.

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:03 am

MGN Username: Bedoop
Currently Playing: Rayman Origins
Waifu: CLEOD-BOT
☻Danny☻ wrote:
Dammit you had me excited that the devs released new smilies there. Oh well, the day will come.

That be the intent, my friend.
That be the intent. I like making fanmade things. :chibirobo:

Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:09 am

I think everyone is missing the point and taking things the wrong way. Let me first start again by saying that everything I've said is my personal opinion. I get all of your points, but be honest, how many of these attacks do you see working differently from other attacks? Again my personal opinion on what you said leaves me to believe that mixing a bunch of moves and gimmicks from other characters(meaning he has his own attacks but would basically function like attacks from other characters, and let's be honest, how else would some of these weapons work) and combining them into a moveset for a new character would lead to a unique character and this is a lie. When the boomerang item was added in Smash4 people complained because it took away one of Link's unique features, so wouldn't giving ZSS or any character a gimmick like Robin's take away the uniqueness of Robin? How about what Steven said in the Luffy topic:
Steven wrote:
When designing a moveset, central are the concept and unity. A moveset needs to flow together and make sense. If you can't force references in places where they don't belong and you have to make sure moves are also practical in tandem.

This one quote basically says that throwing moves into a moveset isn't how a moveset should work. And again:
BluePikmin11R wrote:
4. The newcomer must have unique moveset qualities.
5. The developers are doing their best to avoid adding clones in the game.
7. What new elements and mechanics could the character bring to the table?

Simon Belmont breaks all of these, he has no unique qualities, he would be borderline Simi-Clone, and doesn't bring anything new to the game. Does anyone understand what I'm trying to say? I'm voicing MY PERSONAL OPINION on the character and his moveset potential. I personally don't see it, but again that's just me personally, I'm not trying to knock the character or take away his popularity or anything like that, I'm just going off of what I know of the character and what we know from the Devs and I don't see it happening

Last edited by blackking1700 on Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:11 am

MGN Username: ;Danny;
Currently Playing: Poker
Waifu: Gwyndolin
@Jan_Solo Morning Star is the highest possible upgrade for Vampire Killer in some of the games, so if people complain about having another whip character you're right, just make that whip into a flail/morning star.
Besides, Megaman has now lost his morning star (current D-Smash) anyway, so that'll probably make up for it.

Pochiman wrote:
Frank stretches his dick to the other side and asks his son to grab it. Then he ties his balls into a rock, and after that he cuts off his dick with his knife. Then he crosses by his dick.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:17 am

Currently Playing: SSF2, Paladins, TF2, Skullgirls
Waifu: m'Lady Lyndis
☻Danny☻ wrote:
@Jan_Solo Morning Star is the highest possible upgrade for Vampire Killer in some of the games, so if people complain about having another whip character you're right, just make that whip into a flail/morning star.
Besides, Megaman has now lost his morning star (current D-Smash) anyway, so that'll probably make up for it.

Not bad of an idea, a Heavy Hitter whip character could separate him a bit from Zamus

Another Idea I have is the N-Spec switching D-Spec Megaman and Sora used to have, we already know it's possible, no one in the game has it anymore, and it can incorporate most of his projectiles.

Axe could work like a Multi-Hitting Brick, Holy water could have the same trajectory as Wheel Cutter but "explodes" when hitting ground, etc.

He also has the time-stopping watch, no one has time stopping except WiiU/3DS Bayo.

Besides, Morning Star or not, Zamus only uses a Plasma whip, Simon's is Leather/Chain/Flail/Morning Star/Flame whip

Secondaries:
:bomberman: ; :wario:

For Fun:
:chibirobo: ; :blackmage: ; :ichigo: ; Image ; :isaac: ; :jigglypuff:

Hopefuls:
Lyn(FE); Ike(FE); Zero(MM); Andy(AW); Gilgamesh(FF)

tmanex2013 made the wonderful lyn sprite I used for Image

Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:32 am

MGN Username: Vega
Currently Playing: The Beta
I still think Leon should be in this game and should be speculated. But pretty nice roster analysis though.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:47 am

blackking1700 wrote:
I think everyone is missing the point and taking things the wrong way. Let me first start again by saying that everything I've said is my personal opinion. I get all of your points, but be honest, how many of these attacks do you see working differently from other attacks? Again my personal opinion on what you said leaves me to believe that mixing a bunch of moves and gimmicks from other characters(meaning he has his own attacks but would basically function like attacks from other characters, and let's be honest, how else would some of these weapons work) and combining them into a moveset for a new character would lead to a unique character and this is a lie. When the boomerang item was added in Smash4 people complained because it took away one of Link's unique features, so wouldn't giving ZSS or any character a gimmick like Robin's take away the uniqueness of Robin? How about what Steven said in the Luffy topic:
Steven wrote:
When designing a moveset, central are the concept and unity. A moveset needs to flow together and make sense. If you can't force references in places where they don't belong and you have to make sure moves are also practical in tandem.

This one quote basically says that throwing moves into a moveset isn't how a moveset should work. And again:
BluePikmin11R wrote:
4. The newcomer must have unique moveset qualities.
5. The developers are doing their best to avoid adding clones in the game.
7. What new elements and mechanics could the character bring to the table?

Simon Belmont breaks all of these, he has no unique qualities, he would be borderline Simi-Clone, and doesn't bring anything new to the game. Does anyone understand what I'm trying to say? I'm voicing MY PERSONAL OPINION on the character and his moveset potential. I personally don't see it, but again that's just me personally, I'm not trying to knock the character or take away his popularity or anything like that, I'm just going off of what I know of the character and what we know from the Devs and I don't see it happening

Most of the characters you're talking about aren't even in SSF2. Not to mention the fact that you're seriously undermining Simom's abilities as a character. Calling his a clone is extremely silly. "Oh boy, I don't know anything about the character I'm talking about, but he's definitely a clone because I think he might be similar to another." That's basically you. Simon uses his whip several other ways than Samus, can use axes, daggers, have a move that slows down time, fire bombs, and use holy water. How does that sound like a clone, and not unique?

Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:51 am

0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
Most of the characters you're talking about aren't even in SSF2. Not to mention the fact that you're seriously undermining Simom's abilities as a character. Calling his a clone is extremely silly. "Oh boy, I don't know anything about the character I'm talking about, but he's definitely a clone because I think he might be similar to another." That's basically you. Simon uses his whip several other ways than Samus, can use axes, daggers, have a move that slows down time, fire bombs, and use holy water. How does that sound like a clone, and not unique?

The argument of some of the characters I mentioned not being in SSF2 doesn't matter because outside of fan demand, the reason Luffy was added was that he brought something that had never been done in any iteration of Smash(and I think the same thing was said about BD). You guys suggested I look up the character and I did, every aspect of the character has been done before. I didn't call him a straight clone and if I did I later corrected myself and said "BORDERLINE SEMI-CLONE". Falco has different Aerial and some tilts and a Smash attack that are different but is still considered a semi-clone because his specials and a few other moves he shares with Fox. So yes the SEMI-CLONE point still stands. How about this what's the first thing that would be said if the Watch was used to slow opponents down and the hearts system is used, I bet you there will be people(especially those who play Smash competitively) will say "why give two main elements of two popular characters in Smash4 to a different character when you can just add the other characters."(keep in mind they may or may not know about the supposedly set roster) And your final point, Steven said "you can't just throw moves together they have to make sense." It doesn't sound unique because everything he has already been done and used before. Name ONE character who's not a clone that doesn't have anything unique about them compared to ANY character in the Smash series or SSF2. I can't name one that doesn't have something to differentiate themselves from other characters. This is my point I'm not trying to undermine the character, but c'mon really? Name one thing unique to the characters? Tell me how throwing the axe wouldn't have the same overall use of BD's spear(without the sticking to the ground part) or how the Watch wouldn't work like Bayo's Dspec. This isn't the first time I've asked and everytime you guys bring up the same items that I've already said don't bring anything unique to the character. If you can tell me anything this guy has that is UNIQUE then my argument is shot. This again is all my personal opinion, and if you guys are trying to convince me that theres potential, I never denied that, but he doesn't have any features(in my opinion) that give him anything unique.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:35 am

Meh. Will just have to agree to disagree. You've already admitted to not knowing anything about the character, and I honestly should've stopped discussing this with you there. I could easily think up a UNIQUE move-set for Simon, but I think I'll save that for the Character Move-set potential thread.

However, you're still not doing the character justice. Even calling Semi-clone is wrong. Falco is a semi-clone because all of his special moves are literally just Fox's, but different properties. Last time I checked, Samus doesn't have axes, daggers, holy water, etc... Not to mention the fact that Simon is way more versatile when it comes to utilizing his whip.

Plus your logic on a unique character can honestly be applied to literally dozens of potential newcomers. Heck, even Bandanna Dee isn't super unique (no offense to the devs, and feel free to correct me). He just has a gimmicky recovery. His n-air is basically Lloyd's, his up-air might as be Link's, his side-special is just another stun move that has short range, down-special in the air is basically Lloyd's, etc... Literally every character Smash borrows from others (heck, I think one of the devs. even said this).

Anyway, let's move to another topic.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:06 pm

0_ZeroSuitUser_0 wrote:
Meh. Will just have to agree to disagree. You've already admitted to not knowing anything about the character, and I honestly should've stopped discussing this with you there. I could easily think up a UNIQUE move-set for Simon, but I think I'll save that for the Character Move-set potential thread.

However, you're still not doing the character justice. Even calling Semi-clone is wrong. Falco is a semi-clone because all of his special moves are literally just Fox's, but different properties. Last time I checked, Samus doesn't have axes, daggers, holy water, etc... Not to mention the fact that Simon is way more versatile when it comes to utilizing his whip.

Plus your logic on a unique character can honestly be applied to literally dozens of potential newcomers. Heck, even Bandanna Dee isn't super unique (no offense to the devs, and feel free to correct me). He just has a gimmicky recovery. His n-air is basically Lloyd's, his up-air might as be Link's, his side-special is just another stun move that has short range, down-special in the air is basically Lloyd's, etc... Literally every character Smash borrows from others (heck, I think one of the devs. even said this).

Anyway, let's move to another topic.

Agreed, everyone can't agree on everything. We were both just voicing are opinions, no love loss. :P

Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:32 pm
 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next